Virus warning...

I run Avira anti-virus program and since this morning I get a Virus warning when I open the TSD-website.

I attach the warning for your kind perusal and comments please.

Hi ValeoFX

I had the same warning with another anti-virus.

Sometime ago I have to totally clean my PC losing valuable information. That time I though it was infected by a malicious e-mail, but now I am not shure.

Can somebody put a virus in an indicator or EA to be downloaded by others? ...or a spyware?... very worried about.

fxnewbie:
Hi ValeoFX

I had the same warning with another anti-virus.

Sometime ago I have to totally clean my PC losing valuable information. That time I though it was infected by a malicious e-mail, but now I am not shure.

Can somebody put a virus in an indicator or EA to be downloaded by others? ...or a spyware?... very worried about.

I found a Trojan inside an ex4-file of one of my indicators recently and that was a lesson to now first scan any ex4-file-only-indicators that I download. Still anxious to hear from Admin.

The first time I received the warning was when I opened up the Thread "Free Grid Trading" so it might be possible that this virus is embedded somewhere in that Thread, but before we get too concerned it would be better to hear from Admin.

Hi ValeoFX,

this attack this morning is not related to any forex software or indicators posted on the forum. It did not come from any forex software or from any forum content.

being fair

virus usually does not found in video files

virus could be appear in some cheap / free anti-virus software

====

does ex4 / mp4 possibly got common virus -- don't seem so , as far as I know

exe and some sites are more prone to have virus

----

best anti-virus strategy -- is still GHOST it

======

as virus could infect any files in any folders -- sometimes, down to stupidity of the PC user and sometimes, some well known hacked software got thing to slow down the computer or virus

most of these forum are based on phpBB -- their community is quite strong

--- I know some good ways for good prevention of virus or hacking software --

conclusion -- we know as much as we do (and as as expert, I can tell you to clean your temp internet folder as much as you take a bath -- usually, your low grade anti-virus won't detect anything !! after that

and

don't browse other forex web sites, except this one )

-- just my fair 2 cents opinion, all rights reserved

xx3xxx:
being fair

virus usually does not found in video files

virus could be appear in some cheap / free anti-virus software

====

does ex4 / mp4 possibly got common virus -- don't seem so , as far as I know

exe and some sites are more prone to have virus

----

best anti-virus strategy -- is still GHOST it

======

as virus could infect any files in any folders -- sometimes, down to stupidity of the PC user and sometimes, some well known hacked software got thing to slow down the computer or virus

most of these forum are based on phpBB -- their community is quite strong

--- I know some good ways for good prevention of virus or hacking software --

conclusion -- we know as much as we do (and as as expert, I can tell you to clean your temp internet folder as much as you take a bath -- usually, your low grade anti-virus won't detect anything !! after that

and

don't browse other forex web sites, except this one )

-- just my fair 2 cents opinion, all rights reserved

======================================================================

Would you mind telling me what you mean by "GHOST" it, please? It seems as if you have the knowledge to circumvent virus, etc. attacks. I do clean my temporary internet files every single night.

Also, I only picked it up on this Forum as you will see from my second post.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

newdigital:
Hi ValeoFX, this attack this morning is not related to any forex software or indicators posted on the forum. It did not come from any forex software or from any forum content.

Thanks for your speedy reply, ND. Much appreciated. I was nowhere else but on TSD and as I mentioned the specific Thread.

Best wishes.

Hi ValeoFX,

I was attack (on the forum). But it was not related to the forex content, and not related to any ex4 indicators/attachments and so on.

norton ghost , worth to buy it

some simple, anti-virus or anti-something from download .com's software is not worth to DOWNLOAD, all they can find is temp internet folders stuff

so clean that folder, then scan, nothing will be scanned out

i.e. risky stuff does not mean that it will definitely harm you

oooh, norton anti-virus, I bought it but can't install it on my window-- waste of money for me, but maybe good for more new O/S == but I don't bother to get a refund, so I mention norton here

some other advice -- it seems that I could have some money first, before giving those advice --- as people could do angel things with those or pure evil thing with those knowledge

Hello Valeo,

Please ignore comments by others who talk about Norton Products.

Norton Products are CPU intensive and cause more problems than they do solve. Sort of like the Vista Commercial with Apple, but more intrusive.

If you can find a version of Sophos Anti-Virus, its currently the best on the market and the only newest edition to the Gartner Report for Anti-Virus in the last 4 years.

It means they have a competitive egde enough so that they get mentioned in a report that was once dominated only by 4 main players.

Cheers,

My anvti virus have repair 28 warnings without my intruption.

Reason: