No Connection Issue

I've been connected to this broker server for a couple weeks then last Friday it stopped connecting with the "No Connection" error. The server is online because I can connect to it at work fine.  

I've done everything I know to do, fresh MT4 install, restart router, check the router isn't blacklisting the ip, turn off firewalls and anti-virus but nothing works. When I do a re-scan it finds all the other 8 broker servers fine except the one I need. 

What's really strange is that I can ping the server and it pings back fine. This tells me it's something in the MT4 platform? Any advice would be helpful as I've run out of things to try at this point. 

Using the latest MT4 with Windows 10.

Thanks!

Conor Dailey: I've been connected to this broker server for a couple weeks then last Friday it stopped connecting with the "No Connection" error. The server is online because I can connect to it at work fine.  I've done everything I know to do, fresh MT4 install, restart router, check the router isn't blacklisting the ip, turn off firewalls and anti-virus but nothing works. When I do a re-scan it finds all the other 8 broker servers fine except the one I need. That's really strange is that I can ping the server and it pings back fine. This tells me it's something in the MT4 platform? Any advice would be helpful as I've run out of things to try at this point. Using the latest MT4 with Windows 10. Thanks!

What does it say in the Journal log. Did you check? Show the journal log file entries.

Also re-input the credentials.

Fernando Carreiro #:

What does it say in the Journal log. Did you check? Show the journal log file entries.

Also re-input the credentials.

Journal gives the "connect failed [no connection]" error. The credentials are correct. I'll check the log files when I get home to see if they have anymore information. 

MQL5 forum
MQL5 forum
  • www.mql5.com
MQL5: Forum on automated trading systems and strategy testing

It has to be my router or ISP blocking it. My phone won't connect either but when I switch it to use cell data it connects with no problem. 

Time to update the firmware on my router and a factory reset, we'll see if that works. 

For anyone finding this in the future, updating my router firmware fixed the issue. 

Dynamic IP issue. (Restart your router and the terminal.)
          Honestly the "Financial operations are limited" error is getting on my nerves! - General - MQL5 programming forum #2 (2019)
Reason: