Good Signals? - page 3

Wow

spencer36:
Hmm, seems KrissKross in this thread is the only live system now. The RAM system has been shutdown and gone to paid in a matter of a few minutes.(I have no problem paying, sudden changes with no notice worry me though) Hard to imagine no other decent systems within RAS?
duwi:
Is Kriss-Kross still a good one?
spencer36:
Sucks sphincter now Too bad-- Anyway, guess that's about it for this place...
fxnewbie:
Have to wait until real profitable traders shine with own light.

I have been checking vendors signals and no one can fill my expectations. I was waiting until good signal appear, so I can stop trading myself and let my trade be placed by a vendor (that can give me time to do something else), but sadly very little of them are gaining pips consistently.

Due to that lack of consistency, I was considering to sell my own signals, but that can tie me to the PC forever. I am shure that there is some great and consistently sucessful traders here in this forum (much better than me), but the responsability with the signal buyers is a concern, and the TIME spended in the PC will be much more and that keeps them in silence.
JanusTrading:
Looks like rentasignal subscribers are expecting, that full time traders are giving away their signals for free?

Maybe a look through the commercial signals will show a different result.

Janus
newdigital:
I looked at your first post here - and yes: Max active trades is important for anyone.

It is one of the main criteria to select the signal based on initial deposit size. For buyers.

As to some vendors tried to manage account ... not so many: just 1 thread in commercial sections and some posts in this section. May be 1 or 2 totally.

But it is their choice anyway. If they are in public so they are public and we can speak with them.

Hi,

Looks like the field is hot nowadays...as usual.

My comments....

1-KrissKross has shown not to be a good signal,main reason is,In my opinion,that he has fallen prey to the "I must be right" syndrome...so,he has some open trades in JPY pairs that destroyed the account...Why didn`t he close them?..Risk control...he didn`t have it...It is a pity,because he is a good "trader",if you define trader as somebody who usually catches good entries..but,unfortunately,this is not enough.

Before continuing with this post,I must say that myself,and,probably the few pros posting here too,have been guilty of this fault before,in essence,this is a necessary step in a learning curve.

2-His signals were free,so,if somebody decided to use them,it was under his own responsability(hopefully on demo),and he probably had the best of wishes for his would be customers...pity that Mr Market doesn`t care about it,it just cares after risk,and ,if the trader disregards risk,Mr Market is a swift punisher.

3-Profitable systems?OK,I will give you the stats..you can expect 50% of forex systems to be profitable at any given day,you can expect just 3% to 7% to be profitable after 3 months..and if you ask for a minimum of "ratios"..like Sharpe>2,APD>0.5,Annualized ROI>20%,MaxDD0.5 usually give you 50% to 300% annualized ROI..then it is a matter of doing a simple equation,dividing ann ROI by MaxDD%.

4-So,what is the solution for a signals buyer?..IMO,the solution is to use a basket of uncorrelated,and performing, systems,and,to change the basket every couple of weeks when needed,dropping the unperforming systems from the basket and introducing new ones.

The only way to make money at this is to control the ratio between ROI and max open DD...and then compound,compound,compound..Aim for a system that gives you 2% weekly(compounded) for at least a couple of months(50 trades minimum)..with a max% DD below 10%,or for a system that gives you the same returns for 6 months(compounded) with less than 20% DD...Unfortunately,the longer a system lives,the higher the potential for DD...A 3 weeks old system with 3.7% DD can quickly become a disater with 34% DD if you give it enough time...I know,I have been guilty,I have the scars...

You know,and think about it for a second or two ..2% compounded weekly,for 2 years(104 weeks approx) IS a lot...but you can only do it if your risk control is extreme.

The alternative is betting on a system that will give you 200% in 3 weeks and discard it before it tanks...but one never knows when a system will tank,so,there is no real alternative.

Ok,a few more issues...

1-I am a professional trader...Yes,really,I showed(months ago) a few weeks of my trading here,at a thread in another section,when somebody challenged me...I still have to hear from him ...I have destroyed more accounts than you can imagine,I have multiplied an account by 13 in 2 months(exactly 2 years ago),I have been living from trading for years...I have had days when losses of 20k euros were normal if followed by wins of 40k euros..AND I WAS WRONG..the only thing that saved me from disaster wa sthe fact that I withdrew quarterly half my profits...If I hadn`t done that,I will be in the poorhouse...Now,I aim for 3-5% weekly compounded returns with <15% DD..AND,BELIEVE ME,this is the ONLY way to do it.

2-I belonged to a private forum with Janus and Minime.

3-Janus is a pro,Minime is a good trader...Janus has +20 years experience trading so,he deserves to be listened to..Minime has written many helpful posts at this forum,so he deserves too.

4-I didn`t like Janus "style" at the private forum(he probably didn`t like mine too)...I still don`t agree 100% with him on entries and exits,BUT,I agree 666% on his risk control focus...And,I like his style here trying to explain why focus on risk is the ONLY way to go...

5-I have had some disagreement with Minime here at this Forum,months ago,frankly,for me it is forgotten,and,in spite of the disagreement,I still think he is a good trader and a person that has helped lots of people here....I don`t care what he thinks about me ...I only care about Mr market`s opinion.

6-Years ago,I had a couple systems at a competitor from Ras..one of them tanked after a month or so,the other one was amongst the best forex systems for a couple of years before it tanked(as everybody and his uncle like to point out here )...BUT...My risk level was too high,so,It inevitably tanked too...So,I know what I am talking about...I was the guy that made 60% one month,just to lose 30% next week,but,at the end of year was up 130%..Since I tanked(23 months ago),I revamped all my systems,reducing risk,my usual risk per trade is 3%,my max risk per trade is 5%...my max risk per global position is 12%,usually 7%...and I use a leverage of 2:1 to 4:1 per trade and a max leverage of 10:1 /12:1per global position..and,believe me or not,this is the only way to go.

BTW:You can check my posts since nearly 2 years ago and you will see that ,whenever I post a technique at this forum,I usually show a trade in realtime,and,that those entries,and exits , are ,usually profitable...Specially at these 2 threads...

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178496

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179608

The second one is at Elite section of this Forum...It is my best thread by far.

LESSON TO BE EXTRACTED:Buy only systems with at least 50 trades/5 weeks real history(not scalping),Max OPEN Drawdown<20%,And ROI at least 5 times the max dd,basket them if uncorrelated or lowly correlated,and manage your portfolio of systems every 2 or 3 weeks dropping the underperformers and adding new hot ones,AND,Ask for at leats 3 weeks free trial,one week is not enough....and,remember,NO SYSTEM LASTS FOREVER.

OK,next week I am going to create a system in RAS...it will be free until January 2010,then,if I can reach an agreement with RAS owners,I will charge per profitable month .The system will aim to trade 25 to 50 trades per month, with usual Risk per trade=3%,Max risk per trade=5%,risk per global position<15% ,65% accuracy,Max Open DD 300%...Do not believe me,at least while it is free,just check it and decide.

Spencer36...Hopefully this will change your views,or,at least,add a new viewpoint to your mindframe.

Regards

S

zomg:
How would time at PC have anything to do with trading for your self vs trading for your self and selling signals at the same time? That would suggest that these people care for other's money a lot more then they care for their own, and i do find it incredibly hard to imagine. Selling signals at RAS is automated and as far as i know doesn't require any more time than trading only for your self.

If I trade for myself, I can take vacation or have free time whenever I want, coz is my money and is MY time.

If you pay for a service (at least, I understand it in that way), you are paying for the vendor's time and skill.

If I, as a vendor, don't put all my skill and my time to make you profitable and gain the most pips I can, then I am stealing you. I don't like to steal.

What would you think of a vendor that take his free time and don't place a trade for a couple of days, when you see in your chart an awesome move?... not good.

Anyway, the money you pay to the vendor become vendor's money too, and he have to take care of it too.... How ?..... making happy customers.

newdigital:
I looked at your first post here - and yes: Max active trades is important for anyone.

It is one of the main criteria to select the signal based on initial deposit size. For buyers.

because if the vendor is having Max active trades = 50 with Min Lot size = 0.01 and Max active trades = 12 and telling to the buyers about "please subscribe" without telling anything else about this system so sorry ...

It is not moderate signal so we can not just simple estimate our initial deposit size based on drawdown and so on without expecting margin call.

Moderate signal means the following: there are no any hidden dangerous factors with moderate signal; any factors can be estimated by simple looking/analyzing the simple/advanced stats/figures for this signal.

So I agree: Max active trades is one of the main criteria to select the signal.

By the way, some elite section signals are having Max active trades = 1 with fixed lot size (Min Lot size = Min Lot size).

So, spencer36, I do not know ... when you estimated your criteria on the first post of this thread to find the signal - I saw that in most of the cases - some of elite signals only can meet this criteria. But I am promoting the elite signals in 2 threads only:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173581

That is why I did not reply: your thread is not my thread sorry

I think - you can try to find some signals with fixed lot size and max active trades < 3 ... I am not sure that it will be many of them (I am not talking about elite section signals as I am fine with the other 2 threads here).

I agree: vendors are not using it often (fixed lot size and max active trades < 3). And it may be good to find them all inside the RAS and look at those signals and those vendors who are using:

fixed lot size and max active trades < 3

fxnewbie:
If I trade for myself, I can take vacation or have free time whenever I want, coz is my money and is MY time.

If you pay for a service (at least, I understand it in that way), you are paying for the vendor's time and skill.

If I, as a vendor, don't put all my skill and my time to make you profitable and gain the most pips I can, then I am stealing you. I don't like to steal.

What would you think of a vendor that take his free time and don't place a trade for a couple of days, when you see in your chart an awesome move?... not good.

Anyway, the money you pay to the vendor become vendor's money too, and he have to take care of it too.... How ?..... making happy customers.

Im obviously speaking for my self here. At this point i would like to have a system that is actually consitently profitable period. I wouldn't give a rats behind if a signal provider took days off even if he missed good moves as long as i wouldn't be losing money like i have since a year ago.

If provider's signals are same ones he is using on his/hers live account then my account would be in same care as his own, therefore i wouldn't worry about losing too much profit at all as long as i would be making money in the long run fairly consistently.

Obviously if signal provider would charge high fee and take few weeks or more off then that wouldn't be cool. I think a responsible provider would make arrengements ahead of time for cancelling the fees for that time or something of the sort. But in the end it all depends on what kind of a person provider is and how much he/she cares about clients. Also if client gets upset about few days off and missed profit even thou signals are good long term and make him money regardless, maybe client is just too damn greedy.

Hi zomg,

There are some vendors who are using live real accounts to provide the signals. I see it using my mod panel with RAS.

And some of their signals are profitable.

2 of those vendors are posting on this section (they are using live real accounts): moneymaker01 and JanusTrading.

But ... to say the true ... I agree that live real accounts more good ... but ...

This free signal - live account: OTEMPO | Rent a Signal but I do not know this vendor, and I see that it is martingale with Min Lot size = 0.1; Max Lot size = 12.1; Max active trades = 45.

So, one live account can be different from the other live account: if the person is trading on live account by openning 45 trades by lot size = 12 as a maximum and 0.1 as a munimum so can you imagine how big his live account? Even if his leverage is 1:500 so he will need 50,000 anyway ... may be more ...

I think - we should look at the public vendors who are precented here and who are trading with live accounts. Because we as the buyers - can ask any questions and so on and they will reply.

Live account is good criteria but it is not enough sometimes.

newdigital:

I agree: vendors are not using it often (fixed lot size and max active trades < 3). And it may be good to find them all inside the RAS and look at those signals and those vendors who are using:

fixed lot size and max active trades < 3

If you could get your programmers to make the search engine accomodate those things it will be much simpler to sort through RAS.

I requested those changes.

spencer36:
If you could get your programmers to make the search engine accomodate those things it will be much simpler to sort through RAS.

Hi spencer36,

They did it: go to 'Find a Signal', 'Search Engine' and we can sort/select based on Max active trades.

Good stuff, thanks.

Hey Spence...

Please excuse the interruption...but I just ran across this thread and saw your post. (yes I am lurking☺) I think that RAS could be viewed as a tool to use in your arsenal.

There are good signals out there to be found and keep checking back to RAS "now and then" to find them. There are new entries often into the available signals for your smell test.

There are two sorts of RAS users...Investors and Traders....Traders have a much more specific criterion I have noted...

Anyway's this is my thoughts on the subject that I wanted to share and again, please excuse me...

MB

spencer36:
So, RAS has no good signals?

What a waste, this place had so much potential. Now it's just a place for signal 'sellers' to lure suckers into managed accounts, and others to just spam their products.

Carry on I guess
Reason: