MT5 Programming/conversion - page 10

basch312:
Hi, this is what I've done so far, it is a shorter version of mql4 version that I've posted above, just for testing. I've added two notes where I had problems that I don't know how to solve it. May be it's so easy to solve but I'm just new to MQL5 and it seems like I'm an idiot.

basch312

It needs "Header.mqh" file too

mladen:
basch312 It needs "Header.mqh" file too

oops... sorry about that. I thought I uploaded it.

Thanks for your replies and sorry for waste your time like this.

Files:
header.mqh  4 kb

basch312:
oops... sorry about that. I thought I uploaded it. Thanks for your replies and sorry for waste your time like this.

For start, what you need to change is what is usual in metatrader 4 : in Metatrade 5 Open,Cloe,High and low are just another variables - they are not associated with those prices.

Can you show me how to use these variables properly? Maybe some code or where to find some examples.

The problem is I can't understand why I get the results that I get when I print the values obtained with the functions of the "header" file and the results obtained with "open[]" or whatever. I don't understand why they are different if it's supposed to calculate the same thing.

Thank you very much for all.

Regards

basch312:
Can you show me how to use these variables properly? Maybe some code or where to find some examples.

The problem is I can't understand why I get the results that I get when I print the values obtained with the functions of the "header" file and the results obtained with "open[]" or whatever. I don't understand why they are different if it's supposed to calculate the same thing.

Thank you very much for all.

Regards

basch312

You can find a lot of metatrader 5 examples (from very simple ones to complicated ones) at this thread : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181297 (PS: majority of code there has nothing in common with metaquotes code base - and that thread is entirely dedicated to metatrader 5) Probably that would be a good starting point for some useful examples

Perfect!! Thank you very much, that's what I needed. I was desperate trying to find a solution in metaquotes code base.

Regards!

thanks for the link. very useful

does anyone know any mt5 basic programming beginner courses lessons available? thanks for inform.

kenwa:
does anyone know any mt5 basic programming beginner courses lessons available? thanks for inform.

They never made any user guide for metatrader 5. They also gave up on users guide for new metatader 4

Dear Experts

Kndly help me to convert the attached indicators to work with MT5

senthil

Reason: