One more average ... - page 44

mntiwana:

i think,that will not be changed till this constant range break up side,but how you can say/predict that price will not/can not go up side enough to create a new high equal to N2(bearish) N3 (bulish) or more high than N2,3 bars.

in this case of price up movement,the orange color will be turn green again because orange is not confirm till (it is still forming now) that is why option "ON FIRST BAR" is coded and applied. (for now option is on current bar [zero bar]-if there is option)

as per my understanding.i can be wrong.

of course price can go up 100 bar from now but i'm not concerned about that .as u can see the last candle goes a little bit lower than low of bearish one so it can not break the high of last one (maybe the next one though) . i just remember period is set as 10 !! so position of last 9 bars are important too,probably i'm  dead wrong about the whole thing 

p.s: i added this picture later when i saw the result . current bar in the picture of last post went all the way up but filter remained bearish

i know what u mean but in constant range charts ,there's not so much possibilities as worst case scenario is that next candle might neutralize the last one but it cannot go over it(if the last candle is completely bullish or bearish like in picture) . again i'm not saying this can be useful for all  cause in reality there' no limitation for price change but when i use filters for determining the trend and use that as a signal then knowing that no matter what filter gonna change its slope , is a useful information just for "me"

KumoBreake:
i know what u mean but in constant range charts ,there's not so much possibilities as worst case scenario is that next candle might neutralize the last one but it cannot go over it(if the last candle is completely bullish or bearish like in picture) . again i'm not saying this can be useful for all  cause in reality there' no limitation for price change but when i use filters for determining the trend and use that as a signal then knowing that no matter what filter gonna change its slope , is a useful information just for "me"

Isn't the next candle easy to forecast?

It can only be current price + some average range. Forex can not be 0 like stocks - it should not be difficult to forecast the next bar

sebastianK:

Isn't the next candle easy to forecast?

It can only be current price + some average range. Forex can not be 0 like stocks - it should not be difficult to forecast the next bar

Not exactly : the expected rang would be price +- average range (so the next bar prices are withing 2 average ranges not 1 average range)

mladen:
Not exactly : the expected rang would be price +- average range (so the next bar prices are withing 2 average ranges not 1 average range)
I see - it widens it but it still leaves it predictable. Now I have to find out how to use that :)

sebastianK:
I see - it widens it but it still leaves it predictable. Now I have to find out how to use that :)
This can be one way to do that : http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/011215/how-do-i-effectively-create-rangebound-trading-strategy.asp

i have a question about moving averages in general ... is there any difference between ma10 of h1 & ma20 of m30 ? which one is more realistic (my guess is lower time frame with larger period) ? which one is better ? what about lag of this indicators ?i mean large period averages have larger lags than short period ones but if one uses them in a lower time frame then what ?

thanks in advance

KumoBreake:

i have a question about moving averages in general ... is there any difference between ma10 of h1 & ma20 of m30 ? which one is more realistic (my guess is lower time frame with larger period) ? which one is better ? what about lag of this indicators ?i mean large period averages have larger lags than short period ones but if one uses them in a lower time frame then what ?

thanks in advance

Yes, there are differences

What you are talking about is what, among others, dr Alexander Elder used for multi time frame approximation, but that is all it is : an approximation that was used in lack of computer power

mladen:

Yes, there are differences

What you are talking about is what, among others, dr Alexander Elder used for multi time frame approximation, but that is all it is : an approximation that was used in lack of computer power

so ? imo since most of filters are based on 1 dimension(close or open,..) then reading filters and compare them to candlestick  is hugely flawed but goin 1 time frame lower & adjusting filter to that can somehow show the more detailed(realistic) picture of price action .but my problem is why 1 time frame lower  ? for example instead of famous (at least in stock market) 20ma on daily chart why not use 28800 ma on m1 chart(20*24*60)?
Reason: