TMA&Cycles - page 15

mrtools:
I set them up as described in this thread and wait for breakout of upper or lower band then with other confirmation will take trade in opposite direction of breakout. The ray kinda gives you indication of where Hurst like crossing may be getting ready to happen.

could please post your template, can't seem to get it to setup the way you have it.

appreciate your help

Regards

yasir9757:
could please post your template, can't seem to get it to setup the way you have it.

appreciate your help

Regards

Here's one for gbpjpy using H1 & H4 Corona Cycle period. Remember every pair will be a little bit different depending on cycle period.

Files:

Thanks a lot for the template

regards

by the way, those are my live account results

Live mini account, now you know my real name...lol

Wanted to add, Mr Tools you have been posting like crazy and helping people, cudos to you bud!

zipfrog:
Live mini account, now you know my real name...lol Wanted to add, Mr Tools you have been posting like crazy and helping people, cudos to you bud!

Thanks Tim cudos to you also .01 draw down, close to 700 pf don't get much better than that!!

Regards

tools

ps)a couple questions are you using the 2 bands, and do you want it plain counter trend or either way, also if using 2 bands do you take the trade in between the bands or on the breakout of farthest outer band..

mrtools:
Thanks Tim cudos to you also .01 draw down, close to 700 pf don't get much better than that!!

Regards

tools

ps)a couple questions are you using the 2 bands, and do you want it plain counter trend or either way, also if using 2 bands do you take the trade in between the bands or on the breakout of farthest outer band..

Thanks Tools,

I am using 2 TMA's, a 240 min and a 1440 min on a 60 min chart. I want to take the trade on the break of the 240 outer bands. Take profit the midline of the 240 minus spread. A lot of times the price will reverse to the midline exactly so have to allow for spread. And take profit will need to follow the midlines movements.

the 1440 tma I use just to see where price is longer term. I only want 1 position open per currency pair at any given time, no adding to it. Attached it is sample pic of the audjpy for the last week or so showing the trades that would qualify.

Regards,

zipfrog

Files:

zipfrog:
Thanks Tools,

I am using 2 TMA's, a 240 min and a 1440 min on a 60 min chart. I want to take the trade on the break of the 240 outer bands. Take profit the midline of the 240 minus spread. A lot of times the price will reverse to the midline exactly so have to allow for spread. And take profit will need to follow the midlines movements.

the 1440 tma I use just to see where price is longer term. I only want 1 position open per currency pair at any given time, no adding to it. Attached it is sample pic of the audjpy for the last week or so showing the trades that would qualify.

Regards,

zipfrog

Ok one more question and will get started on it, which Tma bands are you using?

ps) i just thought of something are you setting the bands as Simba is doing, thinking maybe can figure out a way to do that automatically in the Ea. if you are using them this way.

mrtools:
Ok one more question and will get started on it, which Tma bands are you using? ps) i just thought of something are you setting the bands as Simba is doing, thinking maybe can figure out a way to do that automatically in the Ea. if you are using them this way.

That would be great Tools!

I have been using TriangularMA centered abands alerts, half life 12, price 6, and deviation around 3 depending on the pairs volatility. Usually set this with a visual backtest for each pair. I take it you mean calculating the cycle period to get each pairs half-life automatically? That would be a cool option.

Regards,

zipfrog

Asymmetric bands

mladen:
Since I am "into bands" today ...

4 hour TMA centered with asymmetric 3 dev bands on a 1 hour chart

Interesting

Hi Mladen.

Is it possible to add at the end of the bands the corresponding time frame, for either this indicator or the one with the alerts?

I have multiple TF bands on my chart and sometimes it can be difficult to distinguish...

cheers

mike

mike78:
Hi Mladen.

Is it possible to add at the end of the bands the corresponding time frame, for either this indicator or the one with the alerts?

I have multiple TF bands on my chart and sometimes it can be difficult to distinguish...

cheers

mike

Hi mike78,

Can't help you with the indie but a suggestion and something I do if I have many diff timeframes of the same indie like tma or ma's is to color them starting with the longest timeframe in white, next longest pink etc and get darker as you go to the shorter. That way I can glance at them and know "lighter is longer". So it becomes obvious which is which.

Regards,

zipfrog

Reason: