Aggressive scalp ea - page 24

Apparently the previous link I posted didn't work because the BUYLIMIT and SELLLIMIT orders were too close to the Ask/Bid prices being offered by the broker. Thus, OrderSend _usually_ results in a failure.

I fixed that in this version to use BUY and SELL.

We probably could make use of some form of version-control system for EAs over here. :-(

Files:
escape3_2.mq4  17 kb

beckham.is.619:
Apparently the previous link I posted didn't work because the BUYLIMIT and SELLLIMIT orders were too close to the Ask/Bid prices being offered by the broker. Thus, OrderSend _usually_ results in a failure.

We probably could make use of some form of version-control system for EAs over here. :-(

Which broker are you testing this version on?

PC Biz:
Which broker are you testing this version on?

I'm running it on Alpari UK

beckham.is.619:
I'm running it on Alpari UK

I'll try a demo there as well. Please post your early results.

beckham.is.619:

Thank you kind fellow ...cheers

PC Biz:
I'll try a demo there as well. Please post your early results.

I am not testing this EA on a demo account, I simply ran it on back-test, that's why I didn't catch the error Bongo pointed out previously that the magic number was in the wrong parameter.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I didn't believe in the mechanics of this EA, i.e. when it enters a trade.

Hi PC BIZ,

I too got similar results due to the large fall in eurusd in the short span of time.

got good result on escape2reverse-2, however escape 2 went against the trend (as its supposed to do) and escape 2 hopes that the prices will come back, which did not happen and the loss simply kept getting bigger and bigger.

somehow the stoploss does not appear in escape2.

you mention :

"Semi-automated may be the way to go with this EA".

Please can u explain in detail what u mean and how to go about it ?

thks

danny

Danny,

As with most scalping strategies, this EA uses a large stop-loss, by semi-automated, I'd assume PC BIZ refers to manually closing a losing position rather than waiting for it to accumulate and hit the SL.

There are many roads to failure, this is simply a more subtle one. YMMV

PC_Biz,

As you'd have already seen, the benefits of opening multiple-trades in a scalping EA provides an illusion of grandeur, tricking one into thinking that by opening more positions at various intervals, you are less susceptible to losing. Conversely, by opening more positions, you are actually increasing the chances of losing. Diversification is a *****, and it works both ways, unfortunately. Scalping EAs commonly lets one assume that "hey, if I do a hit-and-run, i can take whatever profits before i hit a significant loss" mentality, which is wrong!

When you perform a backtest, look at the green-equity line, that shows you the value of your AccountBalance taking in mind all your open positions (profits and loss), that should be the line you focus on, rather than the blue line.

In order for a scalping EA to work, the -entry- point is just as important as any other trading strategy. You'd need to know what type of movement is happening, 1) a sideways market or 2) a trend, and only by incorporating more of such factors (CCI/ADX/RSI/ knowing when to cut a loss when a strong trend begins to develop against your trade) into the EA can you truly increase your chances of being profitable.

My 50 cent

Hey guys, forget all these "filters":

"I will add a ADX! I will add a 9893843 EMA! I will add a MTF indicator, I will add a Pivot..."

Bullshit!

What part of K.I.S.S. you don't got?

Give an inch! You must learn to think out of the box.

That's my point of view.

You are doing a great job ESCAPE, stay in the line bro.

beckham.is.619:
Danny,

As with most scalping strategies, this EA uses a large stop-loss, by semi-automated, I'd assume PC BIZ refers to manually closing a losing position rather than waiting for it to accumulate and hit the SL.

There are many roads to failure, this is simply a more subtle one. YMMV

PC_Biz,

As you'd have already seen, the benefits of opening multiple-trades in a scalping EA provides an illusion of grandeur, tricking one into thinking that by opening more positions at various intervals, you are less susceptible to losing. Conversely, by opening more positions, you are actually increasing the chances of losing. Diversification is a *****, and it works both ways, unfortunately. Scalping EAs commonly lets one assume that "hey, if I do a hit-and-run, i can take whatever profits before i hit a significant loss" mentality, which is wrong!

When you perform a backtest, look at the green-equity line, that shows you the value of your AccountBalance taking in mind all your open positions (profits and loss), that should be the line you focus on, rather than the blue line.

In order for a scalping EA to work, the -entry- point is just as important as any other trading strategy. You'd need to know what type of movement is happening, 1) a sideways market or 2) a trend, and only by incorporating more of such factors (CCI/ADX/RSI/ knowing when to cut a loss when a strong trend begins to develop against your trade) into the EA can you truly increase your chances of being profitable.

So far the best way to determine the market direction with this ea is to.... do it without the ea. Figure out the trend manually with plain old trend lines and trade accordingly.

I like the idea of multiple two pip trades because the math is much better when you consider compounding your gains. At some point, someone will enter the code for money management in this EA. Then this semi automated EA would be ready for my live account. That's my style.

Reason: