Modern Elliot Wave trading using Elwave. - page 4

GreatYves:
I am out of it with 2 pips. Got chicken out, we are more in a deep ranging market an a move back down to 4250 area is more probable. Will look to buy around 4200-4250. Seems more safe.

Ok, Elwave proved me wrong. Big time. It's a lesson. This thread is about trading elwave calls. Not ignore them or going against. Although others may have their opinion i should ignored them. Completely.

R/R is now too low. I want at least 1.5:1 in order to take a trade. So we wait for a retracement. Also 4 hr chart is showing a bearish butterfly. I will scan trough other pairs to see if something else is interesting.

Files:
capture_2.png  18 kb

GreatYves,

Today I downloaded 30-day trial version of elwave 9.1 software. They charged 90 euros for 30-day trial version. Anyway I'm trying to hook up MT4 real-time data feed to Elwave. It says within MT4 I need to enable DDE, Allow DLL etc. I have done all that. But it also says I need ElwaveMetatraderplugin script which needs to be attached to MT4 chart. I didn't get this file with download and I can't find any on the internet either. Do you know where I can find this file?

I prefer real-time data so I can use its alerts better. Please let me know.

thanks

May I also know which chart is best for EW analysis? 1H or 4H or 1D? Please let me know. thanks.

trade to win

i think...

to win in forex trading we just need disipline and patient

FormulaOneFan:
GreatYves,

Today I downloaded 30-day trial version of elwave 9.1 software. They charged 90 euros for 30-day trial version. Anyway I'm trying to hook up MT4 real-time data feed to Elwave. It says within MT4 I need to enable DDE, Allow DLL etc. I have done all that. But it also says I need ElwaveMetatraderplugin script which needs to be attached to MT4 chart. I didn't get this file with download and I can't find any on the internet either. Do you know where I can find this file?

I prefer real-time data so I can use its alerts better. Please let me know.

thanks

I don't know i haven't experiment with last version, only 7.6, I read that 9.1 need the mt4 script or .ex4 file in order to export it's data real time from MT4. If you like me, an eod trader, it's no big deal, simply export an .csv file from MT4 history, open it with elwave it's gonna right away analyze it and give you results, the best is to experiment with it and give us your impressions. I am a bit jealous since i never saw what 9.1 look like. Neither it's difference over v7.6.. I use hourly data. But daily is probably as better, depend on what kind of trades you wish to take. As kenneth said, Elliot Wave is more suitable for larger time frame.The best is to find setting that fit you, specially the numbers of bars setting, and stick with it.

I am curious maybe you could send us the help .pdf files that goes with it and also a screen capture? Maybe the tell more about the mt4 script in these files?

Let us know if you can make those alerts work!

GreatYves:
R/R is now too low. I want at least 1.5:1 in order to take a trade. So we wait for a retracement. Also 4 hr chart is showing a bearish butterfly. I will scan trough other pairs to see if something else is interesting.

hmm...i just wait n see...

hb2:
hmm...i just wait n see...

1.5:1 have passed by, sorry if i don't update the thread as often as i should. I don't know if you have Elwave, you could see by yourself.

Hello GreatYves,

I'm very new to Elwave. Last night was the first time I saw the screens etc. This weekend I'm going to learn as much as I can about it and post charts, manual etc.

I'm keen to hook it up with MT4 but so far after the install I haven't seen any MT4 scripts or alerts or anything. Reading the install guide and trying to get it to work.

I exported 1D, 4H and 1H charts GBP/JPY but as I'm new to ELWave and EW in general can't understand it much. So i'm doing more reading. Charts attached. Let me know your analysis on the chart please?

Files:
gj_d1.jpg  161 kb
gj_h1.jpg  166 kb
gj_h4.jpg  170 kb

Reason: