Critique my Holy Grail idea - page 5

Here is what I call "Short Sucker Bait"

I actually DID short the eur/usd, but it's been bullish enough to push new highs so it's a scalp.

Pretty crazy trading going on these days.

Files:

another good day

Hello. sunday/monday update:

Did not trade the full London open sesh. Took one short, took profit. slept. 11pmish

Monday morning 7:15 short. took profit.

long 8:30. took profit.

attempted to short? lost.

doubled size on 9:45 long, made it back and more.

shorted 11am took a few pips, closed at profit.

Called a long at 1145ish and did not take it.

Great day for using the squeeze/macd and a couple of confirming patterns.

I'll post a chart of how I saw things.

tomorrow I'm taking the day off to ride roller coasters...real coasters, not FX pairs;) lol.

Have a good day

Files:
scalpsqueeze.jpg  158 kb

Update:

9/22: pulled a long at 18:00 cashed out a 40 pip spike...This was pure luck that my signals called for a long and it randomly fired up 40 pips in a few minutes during the slowest session of the day.

9/22 1am: took a bite out of the break up for a little scalp.

9/23 today: I called short squeeze at 12pm based on chart pattern.

Other than that I haven't traded a whole lot. 1-2 trades a day or until I hit profit then I call it quits. I'm up about 50 pips this week so far.

There's not much more to cover...I'm pretty pumped to throw more money at this next month. I've gained back a lot of lost confidence and feel renewed in my goals.

Here, I'll post a chart showing some entries I took...

Files:
9-23-2009.jpg  213 kb

This weeks stats

Weekly stats sept 21-25th:

12 total trades

11 winners

+105 pips total

Primary indicator(s): squeeze and aroon

------------------------------------------

Next week I'm bumping up size. If I had been trading more than 3-5 hours a day I could have easily doubled my weekly profit. Next week I'm going to get my nose down to the grinding stone and put in even more hours.

I'm so much more confident in my trading. The effects of positive thinking attracts positive gains I believe. What ever happens, I DON'T want to lose this "Mojo"...even wearing the same blue polo...time to wash it, lol.

Update:

sept 28-Oct 2: Vacation!

0 trades taken

I took the whole week off to celebrate (I earned it) . Every day was either, going to the bars, having a bonfire, or enjoying weather. So next week I'm going back to work and getting back to my desk.

The one thing I'm changing is increasing my size 10 fold starting next week. If that works after next week, I'm going to increase 100 fold from original size. Anyone keeping tabs I will continue to update how the 'system' is performing and what I am modifying.

daytraderjay:
Update:

sept 28-Oct 2: Vacation!

is increasing my size 10 fold starting next week. If that works after next week, I'm going to increase 100 fold from original size.

Mate, is you deposit going to grow 100 times in a week-two? Making such statements you are killing the very essense of you approach - doing it small. I was following silently, but - please be careful - cause you are doing smth similar to what I do, but you are about to leave the profitable path. Don't do it. A 10 multiplicator is not going to give you good! A 100 - will kill ya.

FatherJack:
Mate, is you deposit going to grow 100 times in a week-two? Making such statements you are killing the very essense of you approach - doing it small. I was following silently, but - please be careful - cause you are doing smth similar to what I do, but you are about to leave the profitable path. Don't do it. A 10 multiplicator is not going to give you good! A 100 - will kill ya.

I'm going to bump up my leverage a little, atleast 10x. 100x may be too much.

No, I don't think my deposit will grow 100 fold, lol. I'm just saying start with a bigger size than what I've been using, because so far I've won everyday. With the correct indicator I don't lose more than 7 trades straight, sometimes I win right away.

Eventually sooner or later I need to increase my size, so I'm going to try and "push it" a little

...Crossing fingers...

Hmmm

I'm questioning my system. Not because it doesn't work, because my % gain is small per trade. If I stick to .0001 starting size I can always come ahead, but it's tedious, boring, and hardly even worth the work on such a small account. If I could build up to 100k or get my hands on such a sum, this would be good enough to actually live off the returns, without having to make a huge %.

So do I increase my size or keep grinding away...? If you have an opinion on this matter, please feel free to chime in on whether I should increase my position size or just keep it at .0001% which is the safest for starting size w/martingale on my indicator.

maybe I need to be much more patient with my trading...

I know this is NOT get rich quick, because that would mean risking going broke quick.

I gotta stay rational, Father Jack you have a point. This system works on this % position size for martingale, but it may/may not be wise to increase...I sure don't want to find out the hard way!

still working away, infact working so hard there's no room for doing much posting. Thoroughly enjoying weekends!

So last night I booked 25 trades on 4 pairs. Most were scalping in the direction of signal of system but there was only around 5 entries, either way I was able to mix it up a bit and come out very nicely ahead!

My size is now around 5-10x from where I started, no problems with that!

I'll write a more detailed report later...I need some major ZzZzZ's!!

Martingale

A few years back I had a lot of money and a lot of time (I've found this to be a bad combination, you wake up 3 days later wondering how many VDs you caught on your ecstatic stupor) I took up Roulette using a very similar strategy. I turned 1,000 dollars into 15,000 in about two months using Martingale (Reika Roulette, if you're interested, but don't use it out of the box. You don't need to contact me, use it for a little while and you'll understand the secret.)

It worked for that. But I'm looking at your chart. What you have going could be very profitable. I like your SAR histogram, but there's really no reason to just let it run. It's going to reverse at a lesser profit than what's available. Looking at the picture if you were to put say a 20-30 point limit on each reversal than you'd be a pie in the sky, so to speak.

Unless you're just doing it for fun, in which case, do what you want, man.

Reason: