Rogue Trader - page 3

Hey Mike, Let me know if you need any help.

I can't code but i've always wanted to learn this is a perfect reason to

Here's my email pcguy007 at gmail.com

Let me know what i can do, i have mondays and tuesday free since i trade 4hr charts and daily charts now.

Rogue Trader

Rogue Trader would seem an incredible performer judging by the demo account I've set up and copied below for anybody to follow if they're interested.

It is true that the most aggressive settings (as originally posted by c0dez) are used, and to be realistic nobody in their right mind would dare to use these with a live account unless they were a millionaire willing and able to fund such a potential loss, particularly as the trades in progress can at any given moment sometimes equate to a third to half of the closed profits. The hit rate though is incredible, with no confirmed losses on the account to date. On the basis of a vastly pared down fund and settings to match, it should surely be possible to slowly build up a bit of a fund and eventually get to the kind of gains made in this account. I would dearly like to hit certain (as yet unnamed) brokers with this kind of loss, although their live prices and spreads are of course probably very different to the demo ones they give out to entice you into their trap.

The demo account, started yesterday with a $18,000 balance and at $59,000 floating equity at the time of writing, is:

MT4Live.com - Share Your MT4 Statements Free

Count me in too Mike if I can help with further testing of this or your other EA currently in progress.

What is the parameter you are using to have those results please.... thx Max

c0deZ:
Hello Traders,

@ Capstan - Sorry for the delay. We are all in the same boat, so if you know how to make something better by all means please do. I always put expiration dates on everything I make since the forex industry is an ever changing place.

@ PCGuy - Sean, I would really like some help from a pro, someone that can write programs and knows how to think like a programmer. I am currently working on something HUGE. It just blows my mind how accurate it is, however I'm putting in major hours at work and don't have the time to work on it + (college & homework). I'm thinking of going on unemployment just to work on this project

I got funds and started an account on Sept 21st. Here is the progress: you gotta remember that there is still a lot of testing going on, real account and kinda scared of what happened this week so far.

I think I will make a small video one of these days of how the ea will work and post it for you to see. In the mean time, God Bless you all and lots of pips to all.

- Mike

Capstan:
The demo account, started yesterday with a $18,000 balance and at $59,000 floating equity at the time of writing, is: capstan.mt4live.com

it looks like the account went down below initial deposit

Summary:

Deposit/Withdrawal: 18 000.00 Credit Facility: 0.00

Closed Trade P/L: -7 963.08 Floating P/L: -5 781.90 Margin: 5 382.14

Balance: 10 036.92 Equity: 4 255.02 Free Margin: -1 127.12

Review of Rogue Trader today

miksa:
it looks like the account went down below initial deposit

Yes, I'm coming out with my hands up, this totally crashed out at the last fence, having been up about $90,000 at one time after 2 days. The number of pips down per trade (about 40 average) was not excessive, but the number of trades and size of lots per pair were certainly way over the top, forcing sale by the (virtual) broker and ending in a substantial net loss.

A lot of tweaking to settings is clearly required, but provided we can keep both the lot sizes and number of trades per pair within a sensible range I still believe this EA can be real winner for us.

Have a good weekend everybody.

Capsan,

w0w there, some impressive results. However current settings that were published were optimized for Eur/usd. For it to work on other pairs and time frames one must adjust the internal values of rvi and rsi.

To adjust the values it is the hard task. You need to enable all the indis on the chart and see at which variations the crosses occur the most, and then change the internals.

Sorry to say this Capsan, but with the current settings I guarantee that you will loose your account. I also recommended using the conservative settings not the very aggressive, which is what I'm using on the live account.

I'm thinking of publishing my manual trading system, but will need to make a small video first of how it works to reduce the number of questions that will follow the publish. Attached you will find a picture of what it will be.Pay attention to the small arrows. Nothing on the chart repaints.

So, in conclusion. Don't get your hopes up, it's just a piece of software, code, and it only follows directions it is given. Optimize it more and it might just work.

- Mike

Files:
eurusd.jpg  421 kb

Also, from my experience none of the ea's work good on Fri or Sun. So .. I turn on the Expert Advisors tab on Monday morning and turn it off on Fri Morning.

- Mike

Thanks Mike for the update.

Rogue is doing great for how simple it it, I really like manual trading so can't wait to see that.

I've been strictly trading manual systems on my live account and playing with the EA's on demo.

sean

Rogue Trader

To continue testing of Rogue Trader, this time with more moderate settings, I have entered another $18,000 demo account which can be accessed from next week by anyone interested, as follows:

MT4Live.com - MT4 Statement

I've entered the EA on to 9 pairs in total: EUR/USD USD/CHF EUR/CHF GBP/USD USD/JPY GBP/CHF USD/CAD AUD/USD and EUR/JPY

The 5 digit settings are:

Lots=0.1

MM=0

Stoploss=1000

TakeProfit=150

MainTrail=1

TrailingStop1=50

TrailingStop2=70

TrailingStop3=50

TrailingStop4=50

Slip=50

Step=50

StartHour=0

EndHour=24

APeriod=50

RPeriod=3

MaxOrders=10

hedge=1

SingleOrderBar=0

Magicnum=15

These settings are intended to provide for fixed (0.1 lot) trades only, with a maximum of 10 trades per pair, giving a maximum investment for any given pair of 1 full lot. I reckon this is quite enough for a theoretical $18,000 fund, perhaps even on the high side. The money management feature is turned off to avoid the fiasco on Friday when this eventually drove up the trades to over9 lots per trade over a total of 24 open trades. This was great when things were going our way, but turned into a total disaster when the EUR/USD turned sour and the 'stop' axe fell.

As I said above, the number of pips drawdown was not excessive at 40 approx, and we could easily have recovered from this next week given a bigger fund, but the number of trades and lots staked per trade were totally ridiculous and killed the account. I hope to have put this right with the above.

The interesting thing with Rogue Trader is that even with 9 pairs at its disposal, on Friday it only entered trades for three currency pairs at a time even using the most aggressive settings as suggested originally. This shows that the EA is very selective as to the conditions that must be satisfied before a trade is made - impressive.

I would appreciate a bit of feedback with this, so if anybody would like to comment, perhaps with experience using different settings, I'm sure everybody would be interested in these. I gather c0dez is a bit tied up with other things to give much time to this for the time being, but it would perhaps be useful for us to test out in the meantime until he is ready to join us again on a regular basis.

Good evening traders

I just wanted to update all.

I wanted to release my manual system but it started going south end of the week last week.

So I will need more time to revise it ... again, but hey, you only get 3 -5 signals per day per pair and when it was working correctly it was 100 correct with nice pip profits.

I will upload it one of these days.

- Mike

Reason: