Eurusd/gbpusd - page 1788

eurofreek:
Guys, someone has pushed the EURUSD in the last couple of seconds to 1.220, so almost all are having that price now. It will be interesting to see what will happen with that artificial gap when the market opens

Those are "weekend loans"

Shadow banking done by brokers

nbtrading:
Those are "weekend loans" Shadow banking done by brokers

And they are using our money to do that

searchingFX:
And they are using our money to do that

Checked some others (Bloomberg, WSJ, and some other big ones : no "weekend gap" this time). I know that brokers can adjust prices to their wish, but this becomes ridiculous

nbtrading:
Checked some others (Bloomberg, WSJ, and some other big ones : no "weekend gap" this time). I know that brokers can adjust prices to their wish, but this becomes ridiculous

Even some big brokers were doing it before they became big. Not going to mention name but that is the quickest way they generate their own money - by taking your won without any cause that could have been caused by the market - pure broker generated

Long to short ratios before the market open :

Files:
ratios.gif  25 kb

No gap : 1.2182 (Bloomberg rates)

eurofreek:
No gap : 1.2182 (Bloomberg rates)

This thing is dead : a total flatliner

eurofreek:
Even some big brokers were doing it before they became big. Not going to mention name but that is the quickest way they generate their own money - by taking your won without any cause that could have been caused by the market - pure broker generated

Very true, and there is very little we can do about it.

Typical holiday ranging day

No news. Market makers and their algos are on holidays too. I don't think any big change is going to happen

Usual trading for this period. Support is holding. There are no changes in a trend. We can expect a usual thing trade in usual daily ranges for this period

Files:
eurusd_3.gif  66 kb