Janus Trading Signals on RAS - page 3

Janus Trading System results

Janus,

There is no doubt that your TriggerFX system produces consistent winning trades. You have me hooked and I will most certainly subsribe to some of your other EAs as soon as I have the necessary equity available.

Happy trading!

Risk

Please understand the risk in TriggerFX:

This system is designed to perform very well in markets with up and downmoves.(oscilating)

During a year the EUR-USD pair can and will make moves of 500+ Pips without a significant correction, which is large enough to take the trades of TriggerFX out with a profit.

This is a situation, where many traders burn accounts, because they do not close the positions.

TriggerFX has an automatic equity close, if the total open Drawdown gets too high.

Than all positions will close and the grid anchor realigns and trading starts again.

At present this equity stop sits at roughly around 50% of acrued profits(2.5%+) .

Please keep this in mind when trading this system with real money.

Janus

TriggerFX risks

Janus,

Thank you for your warning on the risks of trading TriggerFX. What can I do apart from proper money management, to mitigate this or is it something which I must accept and give up some profits when a major drawdown happens?

Risks

Members and subscribers,

i know, that many subscribers way overleverage TriggerFX in real accounts!

I like to point out the method of the equity stop.

Take the reference account posted under the system description as the benchmark for acrued profits.

http://triggerfx.mt4stats.com

588USD right now(10th July).

So the equity stop sits at 250USD which is a little less than 50% .

This number will get adjusted and posted weekly from now on at the system description page RAS 515

Obviously this number will stay constant after a certain time and amount of profits as a fixed amount(=1000USD)

No worry that you could lose half of all acrued profits over time.

Janus

Janus Trading priciple #1

Janus Trading always advocates the use of stops.

All of my RAS systems use Stops.

This trading style distracts many traders, as i can and will not offer any "no loss" system.

Imho this is the only way to prevent an account bust and a trader can still trade another day again.

Losing your trading capital means that you are out of business.

Janus

I hope this isn't directed at me sir.

" as i can and will not offer any "no loss" system ".

First of all it's contradictory in it's english. Secondly, if you will not offer a "no loss" system, it's simply because you can't.

I must say this Janus. Contrary to your belief, I actually have a great respect for your TriggerFX system. I think it fits the criteria for a hell of a lot of traders on this forum and more than likely elsewhere too.

Your Money-Management and Risk Control strategies seem to be excellent. What really impresses me is your equity curve. It's every traders dream. So, just to finish off.

I sincerely hope this carries on and good luck.

Fx

Answer

@FX Simple Signals,

i am not refering to any of your systems.

Subscribers have different risk appetite and therefore may choose different systems in RAS.

Unlike many trading system vendors, i am trying to give my subscribers the risk information in the system description upfront in full from my experience with the system over a longer time horizon.

A potential subscriber must be able to know, what he is subscribing to and maybe my experience of 30 years as a professional trader is too short to understand a no loss system principle.

All successful traders, i ever met, use the same secret:

Very strict money and risk management

If this is missing, any system, is exposed to sudden and maybe detrimental actions.

Since i know the one weak spot in TriggerFX, i implemented a trading rule to deal with that situation should it occur.

This will eliminate a situation, where a subscriber has accumulated many months of profits, just to see these vanish in a hughe Drawdown and the only chance to safe the account is a large move in the open trade direction.

Practical speaking:

An account is sitting on 5% profits, but has a 60% open Drawdown.

The question than is not how much consistent money i can make, the only question remains, whether or not i can recover my trading capital.

In TriggerFX, a subscriber puts only in the first few weeks of trading, part, but never all of his trading capital at risk.

Example:

If TriggerFX has an equity stop of 250USD and a subscriber trades the recommended account size of 10000USD like in RAS, he risks 2.5% of its trading capital in the early stages of trading TriggerFX.

After about 1 month time this should be 60% of accumulated profits, if TriggerFX makes its 100USD per trading week.

Certainly a subscriber can withdraw money/all profits regularly.

His risk increases slightly over time, until TriggerFX finds its fixed equity stop amount(1000USD=10% maximum, can be less in my monthly trading plan)

His fixed loss risk is maximum 10% and it might take 10 weeks to make it back.

A maximum of 10 consecutive equity stops is necessary to wipe out the account. From the historical range of EUR-USD this is almost impossible to happen.

Janus

More on TriggerFX

Members,

after explaining a little bit about the equity stop in TriggerFX, i like to explain the Take Profit function in TriggerFX, which has 2 components:

1.A TP of each trade is set a 30 pips

2.An overall equity Take Profit function, currently set at 50 USD

While #1 is very easy to understand, #2 might need some explanation.

TriggerFX is accumulating profits each day and week. After the total amount of closed profits plus floating profit/loss has reached a certain and fixed amount, all open positions are closed and the grid is realigned again.

This function itself mitigates the risk in TriggerFX considerably to stay in an unfavourable trade direction.

Two more trading principles are applyied manually:

a. Try to avoid trading NFP releases, if possible=try to close out in profit before

b.Try to stay flat before the weekend and start again Monday night, depending on the sunday opening(gap or not)

These additional safe guards have worked extremely well the past weeks.

Janus

Thanx Janus for your explanation. For me, and no doubt other traders, it just adds to the interest TriggerFX creates.

Very Nice

Kind Regards

Fx

Overview

Thanks for the kind words, FXsimpleSignals, but i am just wondering, why TriggerFX has so many followers, since it is a very nice and profitable system, but by far not my most profitable one I posted at RAS............lol.

Maybe some traders like to check some of my other systems, which offer at almost same risk, even better profits and equity curves.

Please note, that i will not raise any prices on all my systems for 12 months.

Janus

Reason: