Pollan's indicators - page 72

cosmiclifeform:
Hi Mladen,

Excellent intuition...!

My latest build 625 did actually have the CCI and RSi in the custom indicator section...but...they didn't work and needed to be compiled...!

Once I compiled them...the Pollan Indicator that locked up my system before...now works fine...!

That also may solve Azrul's CPU lag problem as well...!

Many thanks for your awesome support for everyone here...!

Take care,

Robert

Morning Robert,

The trick is this, most of the indicators created and posted here are awesome.... but you need to look further into the calculation of these indy and try to modify to your own calculation...(trial and error) to see and compare the result... that is what I do all the time....

Try and used the framework of the indy and just modify what to calculate...

I am not a programmer myself in nature.... I study Accounts... l am learning to be a programmer to help myself in trying to achieve this goal.... and make a bonus out of this ("HOPE SO ONE DAY")

PM me if there is anything that I could help to answer any of your question...

Best regards...

AZRUL

12BPRO

ONE TO BE PROGRAMMER

Hi All....

I am back to square 1... ...

Just found the real problem to my indicator.... it repaints for a few bars....

best regards...

AZRUL

Hi Azrul,

I played with the Pollan indicator to see the repainting...

Definitely does repaint at least 2 bars back.

I'm not a pro coder as I mentioned earlier...but I know enough to experiment...(and get into lots of trouble...lol)...

I'm sure there are better coders here that may be able to help with the repainting issues.

In the meantime....

I changed the Line 101 code to -1 bar to see what would happen:

To : int pos=Bars-counted_bars-1;

Don't know if this is proper code but...this seems to decrease the repainting to one bar back...

Attached is an overlay of the two indicators together:

Red is the original Pollan. Gold is the adjusted -1 bar Pollan...

Definitely looks like a better signal when running slow in the tester.

Not sure if this helps you...but it was fun exploring...

Take care,

Robert

Hi All,

I would like to share the outcome of the 1st version of the Pollan EA and I would like to THANK SIR MLADEN for pointing or clarifying a few this in order for the EA to work....

From what I can see the Pollan indy is a TRENDING indicator.... (divergence)...

I set this 1st trial with No stoploss and takeprofit..... just to see how it runs.....

Here are some pictures of the tester result.... I need to work on it more..... not so promising for NOW..

Yours truly

AZRUL.......

Files:
capture1.jpg  194 kb
capture3.jpg  171 kb
capture6.jpg  182 kb

Hi ALL,

This is my 2nd version of the Pollan Indicator...

Attached here is the tester result and graph

I couldn't test this much longer period due to the time consuming process that is taking to calculate my Pollan Indicator...

My CPU is processing almost constant as 50..... It took almost 20 minutes to finish 1 day of trading.....

The test was set at a take profit of USD30.00 and NO stoploss....

From the looks of it for now, It does recognized the TRENDING that the Pollan Indicator calculate.....

Any feedback is appreciated....

Yours truly

AZRUL....

Files:
v2-1.jpg  253 kb
v2-2.jpg  236 kb
graph.jpg  75 kb

Aren't all "pollan" indicators repainting

on my own:
Aren't all "pollan" indicators repainting

Mine does.... infect at lease more that 7 bars... but I don't mind.... as long as the calculation works.....

Let me give you a TIP... for my indicator to work although it is repainting so BADLY...

I look at it in a HIGHER TIME FRAME (MTF)... in order to normalised the calculation...

Hope that HELP...

AZRUL...

Files:
capture.jpg  110 kb

12BPRO:
Mine does.... infect at lease more that 7 bars... but I don't mind.... as long as the calculation works.....

Let me give you a TIP... for my indicator to work although it is repainting so BADLY...

I look at it in a HIGHER TIME FRAME (MTF)... in order to normalised the calculation...

Hope that HELP...

AZRUL...

But in that case all you get is 7 bars of a higher time frame repainting (they repaint slower - higher time frame - but the still repaint). Place it on daily chart and come back in a week and see what will it show then

on my own:
But in that case all you get is 7 bars of a higher time frame repainting (they repaint slower - higher time frame - but the still repaint). Place it on daily chart and come back in a week and see what will it show then

The point is there are a few file indicator that I modified.....

1) Pollan Indicator is a repainter,

2) Call the PI to normalizing it on a higher MTF,

3) Call the MTF to set the bar color... #VQ

I know that this is not the best way to do it but, it is the only way that I know of.....

for now it is stable enough for me to analyze the outcome of the PI calculation...

From what I can see the #VQ that change the bars color does not repaint.... I have tested it according to a thread I found in here somewhere...

That's the most important part for the EA to work in the first place... if not it would open and closed order almost immediately...

I think that is why most people hate a repainter indicator....

yours truly

AZRUL...

two pictures from me.

Files:
Reason: