My Simple Easy to use System

I have been looking at quite afew manual trading systems using different types of indicators and have put together a rather simple trading system:

Pairs: Any

TF: H4

Indicators: Moving Average (14 EMA) , Heiken Ashi, Williams Percent Range

Buy: Look for 2x white candles closing above the 14EMA. When the 2nd white candle closes above the close of the first white candle and the Williams % above 20.

Close Buy: When the Williams % is below 80.

Sell: Reverse of Buy using red candles and below 80. Exit when Willimas 5 above 20.

I have attached sample trades (chart pics) using GBPJPY H4.

Appreciate feedback and comments. Is somebody able to create an EA for the above system for testing and evaluation on this thread? As I work full time its hard to find the time to trade manually and seek your help with an EA which we could all benefit from and perhaps develop.

Thanks Guys

Files:
tmj.gif  25 kb
tmj_1.gif  27 kb

i think this threads works better in this category, or not?

Manual trading systems - Forex Trading

does it only work on h4? what is about shorter tf?

I had to move the post to this section. It's a manual trading system and just on starting phase.

Obit:
i think this threads works better in this category, or not?

Manual trading systems - Forex Trading

does it only work on h4? what is about shorter tf?

hi obit,

you can use it on shorter TF but I have found it to work better on H4.

tks

ha_ma_sto_alert.mq4

sto set to show wpr (slowing=1)

signals on ha count (second ha up/dn bar><ma)

if haMAcrossCount = true; sig. on ha/ma cross count also

fxbs:
ha_ma_sto_alert.mq4

sto set to show wpr (slowing=1)

signals on ha count (second ha up/dn bar><ma)

if haMAcrossCount = true; sig. on ha/ma cross count also

hi fxbs,

thanks for your indicator. do you know if an ea exists for this indicator or how i can create an ea for my system?

thanks

Hi, schuette. Thank you for sharing this idea.

I backtested this strategy(2009.1.1 to 3.31), and found that sometimes it works good on GBP pairs (GBP/JPY, GBP/USD) 4H. .

I think the rule for entry should be OK, but may be you should consider about the exit condition.Generally, close order when %WR hits -80 for buy or -20 for sell is too rough.

and probably add new filter for entry will be better.

hi rene,

thanks for the feedback. i will check it out. are you able to let me know what the results were for your back testing?

thanks

Actually, i built a simple EA just for backtest purpose. I attach it to here.

Using the visual mode for strategytest, i think your strategy potentially will work well if new filter are added for identify the entry /exit position.

Any comments?

Files:
_ha_wr.mq4  5 kb

hi rene,

many thanks for your efforts and input, this is greatly appreciated. i will use your EA for testing.

could you assist me with backtesting? what is the best way to go about back testing and downloading historical data to MT4? Once i have this setup i can test.

i have setup my system on MT4 and am trying to identify a filter for entry/exit as you pointed out. i'm still trying out different ones and haven't had much luck as yet. i will keep searching. as you have had a look at my system, has anything crossed your mind as far as possible ideas?

thanks for your assist

rene:
Actually, i built a simple EA just for backtest purpose. I attach it to here.

Using the visual mode for strategytest, i think your strategy potentially will work well if new filter are added for identify the entry /exit position.

Any comments?

hi rene,

i just tried out the attached indicator nonlagMA v4 and added to GPYJPY H4 plus the other indicators from my system, manually back tested 02mar09 to 04apr09. +2243 pips.

basically, change the up trend colour to blue and down trend to red for nonlagma v4. confirmed entry confirmation for buy is a blue up trend MA and exit when Blue changes to yellow. For sell entry, red down trend confirms and exit when red changes to yellow. entry/exits are based on price close.

i have attached a screen shot of chart. The red and green arrows in a box are entry points and other arrows are exit points. any thoughts on this indicator as an entry/exit confirmation? appreciate it.

Files:
syst_1.gif  23 kb
Reason: