How can I automate my trading system?

This may be a question that have been previous asked but I would like to find out how I can automate my trading system.I am trading currency pairs and

many good trades are missed overnight.Is automating a system and using it

a difficult process?It is complicated and costly.I am not familiar with this way of

trading.The method I use is quite simple-I trade with a 1 hour chart and work

straight from Bollinger Bands ie the two outer lines.

I can automate your strategy. I need to know the indicator(s) used, what timeframe it is used on, what is your lot size, stoploss, breakeven point (Optional), your takeprofit point, trailing stop in pips, your entry conditions and your exit conditions.

Dave

<<<

P.S. I work this Saturday so it will be Sunday before I can have it ready for you.

Give me the Lot size, SL, TP, Trailing Pips, Entry and Exit conditions. I will have it to you something Sunday. If you use another indicator in conjunction with the BB, tell me about that also.

Dave

<<<

thanks for your reply.Firstly I would like to know what software I need to run

this,can I use it with my service provider,and can the parameters be changed

eg certain currency pairs need different a stop loss etc.

Briefly,the entry to buy/sell is placed before the close of the hourly session

if the price closes within 5 points of the high or low of the current hourly session

and if the close is either close to or outside the top or lower outer bollinger band lines.This is basically the methodology (with afew more rules) and I can explain it further but is this

achievable to begin with?

arthur simons:

if the price closes within 5 points of the high or low of the current hourly session

and if the close is either close to or outside the top or lower outer bollinger band lines.This is basically the methodology (with afew more rules) and I can explain it further but is this

Hi there, most people here code for the metatrader platform, which is available free of charge from the developers website:

Download MetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 4 Mobile or MetaTrader 4 MultiTerminal

The software is only supported by certain brokers, (mainly low end bucket shops as its a fairly cheap solution for brokerages on a small budget), but if you are comfortable risking money with these types of set ups, the system works reasonably well. Its probably worth going down this route just to see if the method you are proposing can be automated. Once you have a working solution you can always find someone to rewrite it to suit the requirements of practically any broker. All metatrader brokers offer demo accounts so you have nothing to lose really.

Generally the developers of these automated solutions allow the user to change indicator parameters, stop sizes etc, pretty much anything is achievable dependant on the experience of the coder.

Generally the quality of the solution is going to depend on the specification you initially give, the better and more detailed the specification the more likely you are to attract the better quality coders, if they see what looks to be a reasonable strategy they'll bite.

arthur simons:

yes, it is possible to build an EA on your system, but can you add more detail, maybe some graph, so we can work it out. an EA need a lot clear detail on the strategy.

How to automate strategy testing

How to make strategy testing automatic? Test a strategy with different properties without having to press start everytime?

Thanks

Hi jozin123,

I described here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178632 about it many times (100 times ) :

---------

Programmers are coding what is interesting for many members of the forum, or what is interesting for themselves (for programmers). It is responsibility for the members to increase the interests of programmers by testing, forward testing, detailed explanation, manual trading or any.

This rule exists for many years on tsd forum since 2005.

If some members wants to receive the help with free coding - so this member should be ready to provide some detailed explanation, images, may be - some forward testing/manual trading results for some time just to increase interest of the members of tsd forum for his request.

---------

Besides, on our forum - the members can critisize the mods/admins/programmers without being affraid for banned for that (and it is the rule exisitng since 2005) - use this thread for this situation: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178632

Thank you for your reply, but I'm not sure that you understood my question correctly, or maybe I didn't understand your reply.

I have created my own EA and I test it with historical data in the strategy tester. What I'm asking is, if there is a way to make that automatic.

Now I run a test, see the results, and have to change the properties of the EA, and then run the test again by pressing start everytime I want to run a test.

I'm looking for a way to make even that automatic, eg. I make a list of properties, and make the strategy tester to run with each of them.

I don't know if it's possible with MQL or any other external script or if it's possible at all.

If anyone can tell me how it's possible I will develop it myself.

Thank you

Use Optimization In Strategy Tester

jozin123:
Thank you for your reply, but I'm not sure that you understood my question correctly, or maybe I didn't understand your reply.

I have created my own EA and I test it with historical data in the strategy tester. What I'm asking is, if there is a way to make that automatic.

Now I run a test, see the results, and have to change the properties of the EA, and then run the test again by pressing start everytime I want to run a test.

I'm looking for a way to make even that automatic, eg. I make a list of properties, and make the strategy tester to run with each of them.

I don't know if it's possible with MQL or any other external script or if it's possible at all.

If anyone can tell me how it's possible I will develop it myself.

Thank you

Hi jozinm,

For testing your EA with different user settings...you can use Optimization in the Strategy Tester.

The only thing I would recommend is testing only a few settings at a time...because too many combinations will either overload your cpu or take weeks or months to run the test...

There may be other programs that can automate the testing of EA's but I have not seen them.

Optimization in the Strategy Tester is the only way I know for now...

Hope this helps.

Robert

jozin123:
How to make strategy testing automatic? Test a strategy with different properties without having to press start everytime? Thanks

Hi Jozin123,

This article may interest you Automated Optimization of a Trading Robot in Real Trading - MQL4 Articles

Reason: