What if Meta Trader 4/5 was like tradingview with having all features of tradingview?. - page 2

Trading View is OK for manual technical analysis.  Especially for US Stocks when you want to search quickly just to see the chart and the price of some stocks or other symbols.  Also works great on mobile.  But when it comes to the actual trading and position management then Trading View is almost useless in my opinion.  And for automated trading it's a joke.  You have to be crazy to trade real money with Trading View with automated strategy.  Not to mention that only a few brokers are available.

MetaTrader is really superior exactly because it's not like the other platforms!  MetaTrader is more like an operating system for traders and people who like to code. The MQL5 language is very powerful. (MQL5 is C++ with some add-ons) You can build pretty much anything you want. You can add any type of functionality to the interface of the platform. You are only limited by your imagination and your coding skills.

Arpit T #:

if you search in codebase mouse wheel zoom etc are available.

Maybe you are forgetting the fact that many traders who use Mt4/5 are not coders. Imagine telling a trader who knows nothing about coding that statement. It's like if you want something, download the resources. I would say if you are a coder then MQL is superior than TV but if you are a manual technical trader I bet you wouldn't support Mt5 interface at all. 

Doubt it's happening anyime soon. I mean MT4 is from 2005 and MT5 is from 2010. So unless they decide to put out MT6 I doubt anything is changing. Fine by me actually because I just want something that works, doesn't need to look pretty. If I need a feature that MetaTrader doesn't have out of the box there's always plugins (EA'S) that'll add the needed feature.
Reason: