How big is your EGO ?....Intentions for 2009. - page 2

excellent post

iGOR,

I congratulate you on your thread and on your good intentions...the road of good intentions is paved with corpses...BUT...A thousand miles journey starts with the first step.

On a personal note,you didn`t need to apologize since both of us were equally at fault,so,we both can use this experience as a learning tool in order to improve our relative behaviour in the near future...one of the most interesting characteristics of a forum is finding people with whom you can disagree,exchange ideas and learn,or at least,be pointed in a different direction,and I have to tell you that until our recent "misunderstanding" I enjoyed the contrasts your differing points of view offered...

You can easily perceive that the most important part of my sentence is "relative",everybody think the fault lies with the other guy...specially the other guy .... so,it is a one on one issue,and it can only work if reciprocal.

In our posts,our attitudes tend to go from "I am not bound to please thee with my answers. "...trough "God bless thee; and put meekness in thy mind, love, charity, obedience, and true duty! "..specially in the other guy`s mind ,not ours ...when we could instead choose to be as a mirror to our fellow members "And since you know you cannot see yourself,so well as by reflection, I, your glass,will modestly discover to yourself,that of yourself which you yet know not of."..Of course,for this to work,we need to put the emphasis on "modestly" and on reciprocity...

It is very easy to get carried into fights,discussions and misunderstandings,what is difficult is to adopt your recent attitude to let it go,to okidoki in order to avoid further discussion,to stay put when you didn`t get the reply you expected, again,to choose to dialogue at another thread with a person possessed by hubris,after just,per his own words,5 months of winnings,when you have posted continuous proof -excel,group comments,whatever,you have posted enough proof-of profitability..and,instead of taking up his word for what it is worth and reply in kind,choosing to placate him in order to avoid confrontation,not because of fear,but as a personal change exercise...Man,I couldn`t do that,but I appreciate and value those who can,so,congratulations again.

Some are going to put it very difficult for you to change...some are going to try to put it easy for you,at the same time trying to travel the same road,count me on these ...on a relative reciprocal basis...you will see that a few people will appreciate what you are trying to do,and reply in kind,others,will see this(wrongly) as a sign of weakness and will push and press you... and you will end up having to reply in kind too...in the end,reciprocity is the only viable strategy for the long term...

Words are not deeds,Action is eloquence, and practice does breed a habit in a man....;)..let`s breed the habit,reciprocally,one on one,of cordially disagreeing when necessary and be like mirrors modestly pointing to the imperfections of our reasoning in order for everybody to improve not just our image,but our substance too....and for those that misunderstand this with weakness,let`s apply this philosophy "I must be cruel only to be kind;Thus bad begins, and worse remains behind. "

IGor,"I wish you well and so I take my leave,I Pray you know me when we meet again. " ...Sincerely.

Regards

Simba

Pauluk,prasxz,championFX,xard777,Kenny rogers, Simba,mladen.....

When I read igors post...I thought that it really is not personal....it is more like igor wants to get somebodies attention and he cuts to the chase with shock and awe to get them to listen...this is my interpretation.

Then simba posted....I find simba so obnoxious and ego-filled he just misses the point completly....some people can never change....but who is trying to change someone here, besides simba? .....

simba please go away and quit ruining threads....

ES

ElectricSavant:
When I read igors post...I thought that it really is not personal....it is more like igor wants to get somebodies attention and he cuts to the chase with shock and awe to get them to listen...this is my interpretation.

Then simba posted....I find simba so obnoxious and ego-filled he just misses the point completly....some people can never change....but who is trying to change someone here, besides simba? .....

ES

ES,

What I wrote were my personal feelings without any double agenda's nor trying to get the attention of anybody in particular.

The reason why I made this topic, I explained in my first PS.

Up till now it has helped me a lot.

The posting of Simba was adressed more to me and what I understand of it (because his english is far better then mine) is that his ententions are sincere and that he is one of the people who accepted my apoligys.

So I do not see any reason to chase members away ES when I just try to do the opposite with this topic.

A little attempt in the spirit of the topic would be helpfull ( or is that to naieve ...)...

Friendly regards....iGoR

iGoR,

If you need to apologize and you redeem yourself in some way then its is up to you....I was expressing that in the past, I viewed your posts in another way and no apology is needed...I only replied as you named me in your post.

carry on...

ES

P.S. As far as me chasing away Simba...Simba's ego would never allow that...he would die first ☺

P.P.S. To be honest...iGoR..I think this thread is a bunch of crap...and a waste of words.

iGoR:
ES,

What I wrote were my personal feelings without any double agenda's nor trying to get the attention of anybody in particular.

The reason why I made this topic, I explained in my first PS.

Up till now it has helped me a lot.

The posting of Simba was adressed more to me and what I understand of it (because his english is far better then mine) is that his ententions are sincere and that he is one of the people who accepted my apoligys.

So I do not see any reason to chase members away ES when I just try to do the opposite with this topic.

A little attempt in the spirit of the topic would be helpfull ( or is that to naieve ...)...

Friendly regards....iGoR

Interesting

ElectricSavant:

ES

In a post to Igor you attack Simba, interesting. The little I know of Simba and have seen from his 1000's of posts is that he is well read and a very good trader. I haven't seen a thread that his posts haven't added to even if nothing else sharing a great sense of humor.

Growing up I had a border collie that would catch moles and field mice. She would keep them alive for hours so she could play with them tossing them into the air. In some ways this reminds me of that and I see you flying though the air here fairly shortly.

Good Trading,

HS

I do not think Simba trades on anything other than a demo....He talks the talk though...From what I see here on tsd...alll he has posted is losing EA's and systems..

as far as cheerleading... homestudy...your not my type...get a life.

ES

P.S. I have been invited to go watch the game tonight with a friend...so carry on without me.

homestudy:
In a post to Igor you attack Simba, interesting. The little I know of Simba and have seen from his 1000's of posts is that he is well read and a very good trader. I haven't seen a thread that his posts haven't added to even if nothing else sharing a great sense of humor.

Growing up I had a border collie that would catch moles and field mice. She would keep them alive for hours so she could play with them tossing them into the air. In some ways this reminds me of that and I see you flying though the air here fairly shortly.

Good Trading,

HS

Reason: