SuperTrend Candles - page 3

Do the "SuperTrendBars.ex4"-Indicator from Kalenzo repainting

Hi,

I have today load the "SuperTrendBars.ex4"-Indicator from Kalenzo.

It looks very nice.

But does this indicator make repainting???

Thanks for reply!

The Rock

I think it is not repainting on closed bar. This indicator is based on ATR and Median price.

Better settings

Kalenzo:
Here, i modified super trend indicator and i'm posting it with the source code. This indicator is not using iCustom function so you don't need anything else than this one tiny file. Enjoy!

Waking up an old thread. Does anybody now what settings to have for "Nbr_Periods" and "Multiplier" inputs to get a bit more accurate signals for the current candle? Note that I don't really mind if the signal is wrong in the next bar as long as it is more accurate in the current bar.

Thanks a lot,

Kurre

kurre:
Waking up an old thread. Does anybody now what settings to have for "Nbr_Periods" and "Multiplier" inputs to get a bit more accurate signals for the current candle? Note that I don't really mind if the signal is wrong in the next bar as long as it is more accurate in the current bar.

Thanks a lot,

Kurre

Here is a little explenation about this parameters:

Nbr_Periods is just the Period of ATR indicator that is used inside SuperTrend

Multiplier is the factor that multiplies value of ATR (enlarges range taken under consideration)

It is calculated like that:

1) Take ATR from Nbr_Periods

2) Take Median price (H-L)/2 of last bar

3) calculate Up and Down border of price channel, where Up is => medianPrice+(Multiplier*ATR) and Down is => medianPrice - (Multiplier * ATR).

4) Get current trend:

If close price (current) is > than prior value of Up BORDER then trend will be UP, if it is lower than Down border then trend will be down.

You should also remember that there is no "not trend" area. It is UP or DOWN. So after price hit up border, and went down (bellow up) but not enough to hit down border (above down) in other words it is in the middle, this indicator will allways show prior trend that was estimated.

SO, to get more "stable" results you should try with higher values of indicator. Enlarging Nbr_Periods value will make ATR more smooth - not so choppy because it will be more averaged, if you will enlarge Multiplier then it will enlarge Price channel.

I hope this explenation helps a little bit.

Kalenzo:

Multiplier is the factor that multiplies value of ATR (enlarges range taken under consideration)

3) calculate Up and Down border of price channel, where Up is => medianPrice+(Multiplier*ATR) and Down is => medianPrice - (Multiplier * ATR).

4) Get current trend:

If close price (current) is > than prior value of Up BORDER then trend will be UP, if it is lower than Down border then trend will be down.

You should also remember that there is no "not trend" area. It is UP or DOWN. So after price hit up border, and went down (bellow up) but not enough to hit down border (above down) in other words it is in the middle, this indicator will allways show prior trend that was estimated.

SO, to get more "stable" results you should try with higher values of indicator. Enlarging Nbr_Periods value will make ATR more smooth - not so choppy because it will be more averaged, if you will enlarge Multiplier then it will enlarge Price channel.

Thank you for the source code and the explanation. I always appreciate great programmers' generosity when they sharing their valuable work and knowledge.

Thank you very much.

Kalenzo:
Here, i modified super trend indicator and i'm posting it with the source code. This indicator is not using iCustom function so you don't need anything else than this one tiny file. Enjoy!

Dear Mr. Kalenzo,

Please do me a favor to tell me meanling of Nbr_periods at inputs area, default setting is 10. Can I change this default setting ?

Thank you very much in advance.

BRs

Thomas c

Kalenzo:

4) Get current trend:

I see. Thanks a lot

Reason: