_rdb_The Best Free EA - page 307

no trades

I have been forward testing Your_Lucky_EURGBP_v2d_Spread4 and !_rdb_THUNDER4WD_v2e on Tadawulfx and Pronetfx for a week.

I have no trades from Your_Lucky on Pronetfx and no trades from both EAs on Tadawulfx, even during times the spread is below the setting. The Expert Advisor Button is on, 'Allow Live Trading' is ticked. There are no error messages in the journal.

Any ideas?

thx,

gms

servaldsl:
It will work , but results will be often bad than spread=3

thanks.

I trade on Alpari Uk, night spread is 5.

przem81621:
thanks. I trade on Alpari Uk, night spread is 5.

Is any brokers offer spread 3 today ?

Testing procedure on backtest and forwardtest...

Hi,

Maybe I can help you. At least I am willing to do some testing for you regarding both EA's. I have done thorough testing on v2b version and have good results. Can both EA's be downloaded somewhere in this thread?

Some posts of mine in this thread are 3010 on page 301 and 3057 on page 306. I hope you can tell from these posts that I am a qualified graduated engineer....

You can also PM me.

Regards, John

gms:
I have been forward testing Your_Lucky_EURGBP_v2d_Spread4 and !_rdb_THUNDER4WD_v2e on Tadawulfx and Pronetfx for a week.

I have no trades from Your_Lucky on Pronetfx and no trades from both EAs on Tadawulfx, even during times the spread is below the setting. The Expert Advisor Button is on, 'Allow Live Trading' is ticked. There are no error messages in the journal.

Any ideas?

thx,

gms

Better do it this way...

XAV,

Adjusting the TP or the S/L will not help you with these brokers (having variable or floating spread) to obtain equal results in successive backtesting, i.e. if one time pipspread reads 5 and next minute spread reads 7 or whatever value...... Right at the moment you click Start-button on the backtester it will take that value you see displayed....... during the whole test. So remember it will not take different pipspread values you see displayed Topleft on your screen all the time !!!!

So the only thing you can do with these brokers (having variable or floating spread) is wait for the exact moment you see pipspread displayed at 4.... and hit the Startbutton..... Take care that MAXSPREAD also reads 4. Do not use any higher value for it will 100% certain fail and kill any account.

Ask yourself these questions:

"DO I WANT TO KEEP ON TESTING ANY EA THIS WAY..... KNOWING THAT TESTRESULTS VERY EASILY MAY BE CORRUPTED AND FAKED?"

"WILL I OTHERWISE EVER HAVE FAITH USING THESE BROKERS PIPSPREAD FACILITIES...... THAT IT WILL TURN INTO MY FAVOR SOMEHOW SOMETIME?"

"IF ANY EA WORKS BETTER OR SOME EA'S WORK ONLY IN MY FAVOR WITH A FIXED SPREAD >>>> AND THIS WILL NEVER EVER CHANGE >>>>>> WHY IS IT THAT I AM STILL WITH THEM? WHAT AM I HOPING AND WAITING FOR?

Did you for instance ever check their datafeed? Check different platforms with different brokers. Use same EA with same settings and you will be amazed how big the differences in results will show......

The enormous ups and downs in bitrate for instance, expanding and squeezing of High-Low are all techniques used by brokers to fool your EA's......

How badly some platforms slow down MT4 operation right at the moment when an EA or a Scalper wants to open or close a trade? Bitrate at times is enormously intensified solely for that reason. You can check this pehenomenon by installing DUMETER and visually watch datafeed increasing and decreasing.

So if at least you have secured yourself of one thing..... YOU HAVE CHOSEN A FIXED SPREAD BROKER...... regarding your backtesting and your forward demotesting, you have gained so much that all the other things that effect smooth operation of EA's and Scalping systems you now will be able to set the parameters to optimized values during a sequence of testing and after that sequence another sequence going through all parameters once more...... untill such moment your backtestgraph is finally stable and profitable.

Next you start demotrading...... Following these steps will learn you that this is the only way you will ever be able to find out up front if an EA is going to be profitable on the platform of your broker.... YES or NO !

Good Luck, John

xav1029:
Thanks John

So if the numbers the EA is using are in the top left corner, you need to adjust the SL, TP, time, and all the other values to work with the 5 digit spread and the broker's time(ie add a 0 to the TP and SL values)?

Any fixed-spread brokers that you can recommend?

@John Edwards,

I resolved the problem: Hide_ALL=True did the job.

You will find the EAs on rapidshare.com.

@przem81621,

Tadawulfx.com offers spread 3 fixed and - of course - the ECNs.

best,

gms

Max_lots=0.0

I tested the v2.b this night and had no trades at all. I trade on alpari, night spread is 5 pips (It's too high but adjusted max_spread=5.0 voor testing purpose).

Could it be possible that you have to set max_lots to a certain value other than 0.0?

Trading time is set from 21 to 5. I assume this is EST-time (night in europe), the same as MT4-client indicates?

Just read "Hide_ALL=True" could solve such problems?

Link?

Good to hear that.

Anyway if you want to optimize results just let me know.

B.T.W. which link?

Regards, John

gms:
@John Edwards,

I resolved the problem: Hide_ALL=True did the job.

You will find the EAs on rapidshare.com.

@przem81621,

Tadawulfx.com offers spread 3 fixed and - of course - the ECNs.

best,

gms

hi,

tadawul fx 3 all the time, hope that help!

przem81621:
Is any brokers offer spread 3 today ?
Reason: