Pearson correlation

There had been a lot of "systems" lately relying on symbols correlation

Might be interesting to actually see correlations with an indicator like this (based on math, not experience or assumption)

Pearson correlation (among other things) explained : Correlation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PS: colors should be defined on the inputs tab, not the colors tab. Also, you can enter more than 8 symbols in the symbols list, but only first 8 will be taken into consideration, the rest is going to be ignored (the everlasting metatrader restriction of 8 "drawable" buffers)

PPS: updated indicator to manage mini and micro accounts correctly

Files:
pearson.gif  18 kb
pearson.mq4  9 kb

Too Cool!

Nice indicator Mladen, Thanks a lot!

Thank you for sharing mladen, looks very interesting.

Cheers

Ethan Hunt

thanks

thx mladen

thx, Mladen ! interesting, would it work - on single currency (Pearson correlation let's say price to MA or momentum -like)?

I just get a blank indicators window.

I even tried putting the m behind the symbol. No luck.

Kenny Rogers:
I just get a blank indicators window. I even tried putting the m behind the symbol. No luck.

it has all of it - thats something else (looks like nobody else has this problem - must be something on your side)

//

if (IsMini()) addition="m";

if (IsDoubleDotted()) addition="..";

else if (IsDotted()) addition=".";

//

fxbs:
it has all of it - thats something else (looks like nobody else has this problem - must be something on your side)

//

if (IsMini()) addition="m";

if (IsDoubleDotted()) addition="..";

else if (IsDotted()) addition=".";

//

hi fxbs, it doesn't work on Ibfx mini for me either but its running OK on WHC guess it has something to to with the mini account.

Found an error in the code regarding mini and micro accounts Please download this version or re-download the updated version from post 1

regards

mladen

Forexcashman:
hi fxbs, it doesn't work on Ibfx mini for me either but its running OK on WHC guess it has something to to with the mini account.
Files:
pearson.mq4  9 kb

Thank you mladen.

mladen:
There had been a lot of "systems" lately relying on symbols correlation

Might be interesting to actually see correlations with an indicator like this (based on math, not experience or assumption)

Pearson correlation (among other things) explained : Correlation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PS: colors should be defined on the inputs tab, not the colors tab. Also, you can enter more than 8 symbols in the symbols list, but only first 8 will be taken into consideration, the rest is going to be ignored (the everlasting metatrader restriction of 8 "drawable" buffers)

PPS: updated indicator to manage mini and micro accounts correctly

As always, a very high quality and interesting indic ! Thank you mladen

Reason: