Can an EA Draw A Line

Hello all,

I am just a coding hack when it comes to EA's and I justed wanted to know if it is possible to make an EA draw a horizontal line on the chart

If it is and someone could post the bit of code required it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

G-Man

I hate to say it, but why would you need an EA to draw a horizontal line for you. Can't you just draw one yourself?

Sorry, I guess without some background it could sound like a stupid question!!

The reason is I have started playing with some grid stuff again. Just for curiosity more than anything, but sometimes the execution is very quick between the grid start and closure.

In order to get the best understanding of any possibilities I wanted the EA to draw a line when the grid cycle starts. Lines could get drawn manually but if the EA is going 24/5 it is not usually possible to get all of them in.

Hope this makes a bit more sense.

G-Man

Just for information:

Vertical/horizontal indicators (support/resistance, trading time, min/max or any):

- Alarm Custom Indicator For Horizontal Lines is here.

- Vertical Horizontal Filter (VHF): indicator is here (elite section).

- how to draw vertical/horizontal lines manually in MetaTrader: original thread is here.

- TradeTime_v2 indicator is here.

- TradeTime_v2a indicator with 'dead-zone' option (useful if you trade futures) is on this post.

- MktOpen: this indicator is drawing vertical lines on specific time or in market open sessions.

- 3@S & R Simple: the script to draw support/resistance horizontal lines.

- Reliable Trendlines: elite section thread with many trend lines or support/resistance lines indicators.

- MaksiGen_Range_Move: the indicator as part of MaksiGen Trading system; it drawing horizontal trend line and support/resistance lines, also - breakout lines. The same indicator with alarm is here.

- support/resistance for candles: original thread with discussion and some indicators.

- breakout indicators: the indicators are drawing horizontal lines on possible breakout levels.

- grid lines: the thread.

- disketmadu_LINES: horizontal lines indicator.

- BreakOut indicator: good indicator from cja

- daily_open_line indicator: very good indicator that draws a horizontal line from the opening price of the day. Good for traders who missed daily bar opened.

- Daily Open-SR Technique: interesting thread with some good indicators.

- WhitewaterLevels and WhitewaterLevels v Open indicators: this thread.

Thanks ND,

You are a legend.

G-Man

Cannot access elite section

Hi,

I know this is very old thread but can anobody tellus what is inside the elite section ? Many of the links are accessible.

Thanks

Law

This section will help I think about description RentaSignal Service and Elite Section Discussion - Forex Trading

Reason: