How to zero sync overlaid indicators

I am hoping that some of the fantastic coders here can help me sync the zero lines of overlaid indicators. I like to use various combinations of indicators but to save space and reinforce the visual relationships I prefer to overlay them in the same window pane.

The problem occurs when the indicators resize themselves at different rates. The zero lines do not sync up and the indicators don't align very well. (pic 1)

The only solution I have found so far is to check the fixed minimum/maximum boxes on the common properties tab. This way you can center the indies in the pane vertically and make them line up. (pic 2)

However, this means that extreme levels are often outside the visible area on the chart. Not very helpful.(pic 3)

Can anyone find a way to allow these indicators to vary their size as necessary while still centering the zero line vertically in the display pane? I believe this would open up a whole new range of using indicators together.

I have attached the indies from the pics but I bet the solution once found will be applicable to all indies.

Thanks,

Steve

Files:

Am I just whistling Dixie here? If there is NO way to do it please say so.

Steve

radatats:
Am I just whistling Dixie here? If there is NO way to do it please say so. Steve

Depends on both indicators. You could do with some, with other's you can't and maybe, by rewriting both onto one.

Set the min and max to the indicator which reads extreme and then expand the indicator window more fully ... maybe? (I get the feeling you may already have tried this, somehow)

calling on the Master Coders

Steve,

I have been studying this as well, overlaying 2 MACDs, different settings. What's bad is due to the shifting the results seem to re-paint. Open the Data Window and take a gander at the values. Sometimes they don't even jive with reality showing a higher line with a lower value then one below it, again due to the shifting. It's maddening! I want to code a method based on what I am seeing but don't see how.

fx4$$$

Go to each indicator's properties. Check the Fixed Minimum and Fixed Maximum boxes. Then use the same fixed Min, and the same Fixed Max values for each indicator. It might take a little playing around with, but I did it and it does work.

jturns23:
Go to each indicator's properties. Check the Fixed Minimum and Fixed Maximum boxes. Then use the same fixed Min, and the same Fixed Max values for each indicator. It might take a little playing around with, but I did it and it does work.

Thanks Jturns23 that does work I am using Min -0.018 and Max 0.01 on the macd and it seems to keep all the histogram on the chart.

FX4$$$

Setting the fixed min/max only works for a little while and only on that time frame. If you then jump from the 5min to the 15min for example it will be way off because the indies have different levels there.

No, there has to be a way to allow the indicators to paint without fixed min/max but to be centered vertically in the display pane.

Way beyond my capabilities and I am not getting any bites from any of my favorite coders here so it may not be doable.

Steve

Sometimes with a simple coding changes you could overlay different indies.

This is CCI+MACD.

First we need to normalize MACD or CCI to play on the same zero level, the add the other indicator to the code.

Of course, this is a very rude example

Files:

Thanks so much for your excellent work!

What I would really like to see is the two indies I posted above normalized to play together nicely. The MACD indie does not need all the extra bells and whistles like RSI etc which take up a lot of buffers. And the CCI does not need the trigger CCI since I set that to zero anyways.

I would like to keep the multi-color for both and the CCI in Woodies form. With the right settings they are amazing together.

Steve

radatats:
Thanks so much for your excellent work!

What I would really like to see is the two indies I posted above normalized to play together nicely. The MACD indie does not need all the extra bells and whistles like RSI etc which take up a lot of buffers. And the CCI does not need the trigger CCI since I set that to zero anyways.

I would like to keep the multi-color for both and the CCI in Woodies form. With the right settings they are amazing together.

Steve

Problem is:

SuperWoodiesCCI 5 Buffers

MACD colored 7 Buffers:

Total 12 Buffer

MQL4 limit 8 Buffers.

So, impossible unless a lobotomized version of each one to join into a single indicator.

Reason: