Fast Fourier Transform - Cycle Extraction - page 27

Pip

This one has the regular cycles 'forecast" solved. Composite signal in it is a simple sum of all the signals, so I left it out (at least you will have something to do too )

Here is a comparison of the "regular" one and the "with forecast" one :

PS: moved these posts here since I think that it is better that they are here (because of their contents) than in the "how to code" thread

Pip:
Mladen,

I give up! I am trying to extend the cycles identified by the attached indicator into the future. I know it repaints but am running an experiment.

If possible, can you add the code that will enable each cycle (including the composite cycle) to be forecasted into the future with necessary boolean for each?

Also, is it possible to program the forecast so that the starting point of the forecast can be selected? for example, i would like to be able to set the forecast to start at bar 6 instead of bar 0 to sort of test the forecast with most recent history before qualifying it.

If too much work then don't worry about it and I am most thankful for your time reading this post.

Regards,

Pip

As always, you shower us with your generosity. Many thanks for your effort

Testing time...

Respectfully,

Pip

mladen:
Pip

This one has the regular cycles 'forecast" solved. Composite signal in it is a simple sum of all the signals, so I left it out (at least you will have something to do too )

Here is a comparison of the "regular" one and the "with forecast" one :

PS: moved these posts here since I think that it is better that they are here (because of their contents) than in the "how to code" thread

It's me again MLaden,

I made the modifications to the composite cycle but not getting the effect i was looking for. For some reason the forecast is not just a single line. Am sure it has to do with my poor programming skills. Can you look into the code and let me know what i did wrong?

Also, i noticed that when the composite cycle is enabled, the logic to prevent drawing the other cycles is not working. I assume this is an effect due to your modification, is it possible to bring that back?

Thanks,

Pip

You are right

Here is this one. Upper is the regular mode, and lower is when it shows only composite cycle. Some other minor changes done in the code

Pip:
It's me again MLaden,

I made the modifications to the composite cycle but not getting the effect i was looking for. For some reason the forecast is not just a single line. Am sure it has to do with my poor programming skills. Can you look into the code and let me know what i did wrong?

Also, i noticed that when the composite cycle is enabled, the logic to prevent drawing the other cycles is not working. I assume this is an effect due to your modification, is it possible to bring that back?

Thanks,

Pip

I figured out my mistake and was about to come here and post the new version but you beat me to it...as always you are most generous.

Regards,

Pip

mladen:
You are right

Here is this one. Upper is the regular mode, and lower is when it shows only composite cycle. Some other minor changes done in the code

MLaden,

For some reason when i apply the indi with composite cycle enabled i still get the other cycles too. Is it possible you may have uploaded the wrong version?

Regards,

Pip

mladen:
You are right

Pip

I downloaded it right now (from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178842/page18 ), tested it and it works OK (that same downloaded version). So the version uploaded is the correct one.

Pip:
MLaden,

For some reason when i apply the indi with composite cycle enabled i still get the other cycles too. Is it possible you may have uploaded the wrong version?

Regards,

Pip

Hi mladen

I also see multiple lines. Is there any setting change we need to do ?

If you want to see the composite cycle only, set the CompositeCycleparameter to true. In that case it shows just one cycle that is the combination of the cycles you chose (cycles 1 to 7, whichever is turned on in parameters by using Cycle1 to Cycle7 parameters).

Anyway, found that there was a problem with version 2.02 if some of the sub-cycles was turned off and you wanted to see the composite cycle only (so, if not all 7 cycles were set to true). This version corrects that too.

uk_kara:
Hi mladen I also see multiple lines. Is there any setting change we need to do ?

Thanks mladen

Reason: