1400-1600 GMT USD Breakout Strategy - page 18

Limstylz:
Hi pj9100,

Sorry for the late reply. I don't know if you are still monitoring this thread, but if you are, this strategy is still working very well. However, I no longer place stop orders or use an EA to perform my buy and sells, preferring to trade manually according to price action (to that extent, I have moved away slightly from the methods described here).

I also look out for the daily news releases that could negatively impact the trade (I don't speculate on news releases but I react to it if goes against my position).

This thread has gone a long way into helping me develop my own trading technique and if you don't have method of your own yet, or are thinking about trying this method out on demo, then I can truthfully say its definitely worth your while.

Good trading to you and all...

Limstylz,

Thank you for taking out time to reply . I just read your reply. Was travelling for a long time. Yes I will try it for sure as I have yet to have any system of my own as such.

What size buffer (spread+distance to avoid false breakout) from high to low does everyone suggest/have good experience with?

Knez:
settings on these charts are 5am-7am GMT, and has nothing to do with 1400-1600 GMT.

I guess, it should be 7am-9am NY time... 14-16 GMT is from Liteforex server time indicate 7am-9am NY. I don't know where this 05-07 GMT came from??

dznmrd:
Yes now everything fixed and all setting is clearly. Thanks a lot, really appreciate it.

The breakout is working well on GBPUSD, EURUSD, AUDUSD, NZDUSD and USDCHF.

But USDJPY is not great for this breakout strategy.

Try setting "Jumlah_hari" to 30 and check the history and see 30 days, very very profitable. Especially if you are only interested in a quick 20-30 pips (no risks)

The breakout is working well on GBPUSD, EURUSD, AUDUSD, NZDUSD and USDCHF.

does it work on GBP/CHF as well ?? -- that is hard to guess with 6 to 12 pip spread

Hi all,

I just learn about the breakout strategy today. I've read through the thread and found out this is a good strategy..I'll try demo for a month and if i made mistakes i'll forward it here..nice

Has anyone tried BO on Asia openings? If yes, what currencies would you suggest?

First time with this indicator

toddanderson:
I am having a problem the the indicator showing on today, shows all the past days but not today,current day, could it relate to sunday counting or something

Hi man,

How can I understand the indicators? When can I buy or sell looking the graphics with indicator here?

Can you tell me how is the better set up for a better results with this? I'm in Colombia (GMT -5)

Thanks!

Old thread, but this one is very logical method - simply yet powerfull system

taganing:
Old thread, but this one is very logical method - simply yet powerfull system

dznmrd is me, I had posted the big dog NY breakout strategy in FF & tsd and we were using this in 2009, but later have stopped it. But it does works, because we have the USD news in the us sessions and possible breakout from the Asian range possible. (Although not every-time)

Hi,

where is the source code (.mq4) of this system?

Regards,

Vince.

Reason: