School of Pimpology - page 127

To the pub

Ladies and gentlemen;

Today was such a great day. Why you may ask - ok why ? Because two buddies of mine who I have been trading with finally got the message - patience is key. This should bring $massive benefits. And it will. I promised pips and you got them. Fantastic.

I took several trades usd/jpy (twice), brent crude, dax and dow (twice). I accumulated 388 pips by 2pm. The avo I went to the pub, had one more Guinness than recommended (if your Dan that's 2 pints) but for real men like Le Pimp and I that just a shandy top!

I hope to be in good sjape in the morning but no promises. Have a good one. I have had a great day; friends making pips, me making pips and an afternoon in the bar.

I am now at home woith a small pip refreshing Argie Malbec.

To pips, patience and pints.

Pubster rockie

Ta

Rockie

Your posts are like a breath of fresh air.

Thank you.

Nicely done Sir Rockdrive!

Today was one of those most frustrating ones for me. Being distracted by other stuff, looking back at the screen cable has dropped 100pips, nice little signal.. but *surely* it can't go no more??? I've been burnt so many times now jumpinging on a bunch of red candles with MA's so widely spread I cant even afford the stoploss to the 15m 20EMA, only to then get scared after a tiny 20pip retrace (in the back of my mind it wasn't a valid setup, so could turn easily any second, so better be ready to just take that small hit...)

Anyways, did end the day up, but not as much as I should have. Must learn to trust the setups and signals and hold on a bit longer.

But good stuff for you and the others from the liveroom taking decent pips - well deserved!

SF

ladik:
Hi Pimp,

I just want to ask you why you choose usd/jpy? That was against corelation between usd and gold..

GLD was weak so the probability of weak USD was low.

Thank you for answer.

Ladik

Hi Ladik,

USDJPY is very weak at the moment, not so much because of a weak dollar, but rather a very strong yen accross the board.

The Japanese banking sector has had it's turmoil over the last 10-15 years whilst we've all been o.k. Now the yen is the new safehaven for many investors.

The whole counter-correlation between pound dollar and euro dollar vs usdjpy has been squiffy for some time.

This is the exact reason that we are seeing monster moves on eurjpy and gbpjpy.

If dollar can beat pound and yen can beat dollar then pound is going to take a right good pasting from the yen. ie short gbpjpy.

The reason I chose USDJPY as my pair for the afternoon was I am already in GBPJPY from 154.83 on my longer term book.

Sure I have been banking on the way down and getting in on other breaks but am happy with the balance of the position and will hold it for a bit.

EURJPY is the same. In already.

Since having other commitments in the day I can only trade 5m charts for a couple of hours so have began to take a longer term approach.

I hope this helps

yes thats good.

I choose the eur/jpy coz eur was in E/J and E/U weaker and jpy was in U/J and E/J stroger. So that was 2bad points for EUR and 2 good point for JPY. Thats the reason why I choose rather E/J than U/J.

I will follow this corelitions with gold and i hope everything is going to be fine.

Thans for your replay.

Ladik

The reason I chose USDJPY as my pair for the afternoon was I am already in GBPJPY from 154.83 on my longer term book.

Wow, now u r in good profit...

Possible Short

Sterling Yen, my new beast could make some noise to the downside this afternoon.

It's not ideally set up, but if Cable and USDJPY move down, expect this lower.

Files:
stuff.gif  42 kb

Which broker can you trust

Three brokers three diffrent conclusions.I know some of thier clients lost money?1fxdd 2 odl 3 interbank

Files:
fxdd.gif  29 kb
odl.gif  12 kb
interbank.gif  28 kb

Good Morning

Good morning all.

Last night saw some ferocious pullbacks after our GBPJPY trade fell 350 pips, and one I like this morning to continue in that vein is USDJPY.

Currently trading at 97.24 this could go 100 pips this morning.

We've already seen the breakout of the triangle. A cheeky one here and then add to it after a couple of red on the trigger.

Keep a close eye on cable and euro. If they fall this may go nowhere.

Stop would need to be at 97.00 so not a massive risk and with 100 point potential to the upside it's a 5/1 chance

Files:
cheeky2_6.gif  33 kb

life on the waves

Morning pipsters

No trading for me today as I am out sailing. Fresh breeze and the sea air in my face. Gosh I love trading! Hope you all have a great day pipping. I hope to be on for a lazy lunch, and some suitable drinks.

Have fun and Le Pimp any time you fancy manning the bilge pumps I'll pipe you aboard.

Cheers,

Ruddy face rockie

P.s. My hands have frost bite, I'll need a straw to to drink at this rate

Reason: