One side gaussian ... - page 4

cadolino:
i'm sorry...didn't saw your post, maybe because i missed a notification `?...

i will try to explane how i use the two indies, even my english is most of the time a nightmare...:)

i trade only on the H4, but it works also on lower tf... also i use some other indies (even "repainters") to verificate the entrys...

the way the two indies are combined give you additional information about the trend on the next higher TF...so you don't need to switch to other TFs...this information goes lost, if the periods of the two indies are the same...

if the horizontal/middle red/green line of the kuskus_fisher indi is on the 0.5 line, then the price is oscillating around it on the higher TF...

if the middle line is above 0.5 level, then the downmove is dominant, means you have a downtrend on the higher TF and vice versa...

now the entry:

there are two cases:

1. the SR rate indi (red) croses first the 0.85 level line from above to down -> probably downmove

2. the SR rate indi croses first the kuskus_fischer indi from above to down --> probalydown move

and the oposite for upmove - a cross with the 0.15 level line or with the kuskus_fisher indi...

because the kuskus_fisher indi is slower then the SR rate indi , it can help to stay longer in the trade...

you will need maybe some other indies to be sure, that there is really a trend change...i use a "repainter" from Bookkeeper,which warns me most of the time (white squares), when there is a false signal...it's the Final Draft ArrZZx2_alerts ...someone added alert to it, and it seems like the alert code is from Mladen...:)

the indi is not so bad at all as most of you may think - or simply i'm used to use it the right way...you can find it with google...

that's it... if you have more questions , please write it here...hope that helps...

ps: you will need some experience with the indies...so, practice, practice, practice...

It would be nice if you upload all your indicators with template in zip file

here you go

Files:

I find One Side Gaussian a bit one sided...don't you think?

Pava:
I find One Side Gaussian a bit one sided...don't you think?

Better name would be "Half Gaussian bell weighted" or "Half normal distribution weighted" indicator, since the weights for calculation of the average (similar to linear weighted average) are taken from a normal distribution curve like function - but only the half of the curve is used for calculation.

Information of the Gaussian distribution can be found here : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_distribution and once when you take a look at the standard normal distribution curve, it will be much clearer what is exactly done in that indicator

But if it was named like that, who would remeber it

Dear Mladen

Would you please add 'color on slope and MTF function' in attached indicator ?

Thanks in advance

secretcode

Files:

secretcode:
Dear Mladen

Would you please add 'color on slope and MTF function' in attached indicator ?

Thanks in advance

secretcode

secretcode

Here you go Multi time frame and coloring on slope added

PS: it is a standalone indicator now (it doe not need the library any more)

Files:

mladen:
secretcode

Here you go Multi time frame and coloring on slope added

PS: it is a standalone indicator now (it doe not need the library any more)

Thanks a lot Mladen for this nice indicator

EDIT : When i Change Smooth Type then both indicators gives different result !

In picture Smooth Type = 8 in both indicator

Would you please check it ?

Sincerely

secretcode

Files:
eurusdm30_2.png  45 kb

secretcode:
Thanks a lot Mladen for this nice indicator

EDIT : When i Change Smooth Type then both indicators gives different result !

In picture Smooth Type = 8 in both indicator

Would you please check it ?

Sincerely

secretcode

secretcode

Don't worry

That is what I forgot to tell - it is somewhat enhanced in calculation too

The previous versiov was able to calculate only smooth types up to type 7 (you can check it - set it to 7 or 8 and they will be the same with the old version). The newer one can calculate up to smoothing type 9 (I thought that would be enough - can be broadened more, but then the lag will be significant for smoothing types over 10)

PS: after testing even longer smoothing types (and after seeing the one from the picture : that is smoothing type 12) decided to broaden it even more - this one allows 15 smoothing types (from type 0 to type 14) - so it allows a bit more experimenting now

Files:

mladen:
PS: after testing even longer smoothing types (and after seeing the one from the picture : that is smoothing type 12) decided to broaden it even more - this one allows 15 smoothing types (from type 0 to type 14) - so it allows a bit more experimenting now

Mladen

Thank you very very much for your time, efforts and explanation

Thanks for this version too for experiments Really appreciate your help

secretcode

Reason: