How Many Pips Per Month Is A Great Result? - page 4

Pips should be considered when you are in a position. % P/L is the good way for monthly return.

I think to evaluate our trading is only positive pips. If wecan make positive pips each month we can make profit. And we just adjust our leverage and fund...

Personal Goals and Personal Risk

Hi everyone

I spent a long time trying many different systems without much success. I have now found a system that suits me and am starting to make a few consistent pips.

So, the thread is "How Many Pips Per Month is a Great Result" - well I think the answer is down to personal goals and the personal risk you are comfortable with. I am happy to achieve around 40-50 pips per day (1,000 per month) whereas other members of the group I trade with are achieving 500-700 pips a week or more. They are happy to risk more than me and as such their reward is greater.

You should be aiming for consistent pips each month and only then should you increase your stake. You don't need to make many pips at a sensible stake to make a good living.

Good luck!

Plan

Sorry do you mean you are working towards this goal or are already doing it?

FX Pimp:
...Since I make a minimum of 50 pips per day, or 1000 a month I am able to double my bank each month in reality.

Mentally it's difficult but that's the side I am now working on.

I would love to hear anyone's views on this method.

I would say 300+ is a great result IMHO.

Anytime you don't lose you did good. I saw on TV once an Indian said to always say the gamblers prayer before gambling, and i think it is good to say it right before you pull the trigger on any forex trade. The prayer went something like...'Lord help me break even, i need the money'.

la_maya_k:
Sorry do you mean you are working towards this goal or are already doing it?

The mental side of playing with large amounts I was referring to, that's my goal. The emotions.

The pips is easy like Sunday Morning

To double the account each month is good. For me, that means archiving at least 1000 net pips monthly. Sometimes I do that trading only one pair. But I still trade with little money (no for too long, I hope), so my gains are little too and my girlfriend is allways watching to withdrawl it and go shopping.

Reason: