How Many Pips Per Month Is A Great Result? - page 3

jlpi:
And percentage will convert to what in your opinion ?

whow what an interesting question: how can you get money if you make let's say 5% of your balance every month.

Answer: just take it from your account

It seems that your banning period didn't help you to get any wiser.

Thanks man! Thats the funniest thing i read all day, really that made me laugh.

No wonder 95% fail when they have questions like that.. ahh great reply man.!

THANKS!

nicesurf:
Pip is the most important result and not percentage..pip will convert to money.......It seems that most of you do not know what you are doing..how can you get money from forex if you rely on percentage....Ha...ha..

I think you should stick to surfing bro, hopefully you can grasp the concepts of that.. Because you seem to be struggling with Forex..

MP -- can you spell "money ?"

OH MY

never did get the answer to "how many angels can dance on the head of a pin" and this discussion seems to be heading in the same direction.

PIPs are the generally accepted measure of profit and loss, but one could also use percentages, ROI and anything else that shows increase or decreases in an account.

YOURE ALL CORRECT in this situation, although percentages and ROI "tend" to be figures quoted by institutions to measure their progress over other institutions or to simply proclaim their abilities trading.

ANYTHING that converts to money and a new Maserati or Aston - Martin is perfectly acceptable in this world, IMO !

enjoy and count the angels as you wish

mp

Again, pips mean very little. They will show you the difference between profit and loss. Why is it people still think pips.. A pip could be a huge amount or a single dollar. So please lets drop the whole pips actually mean something. If you are talking profit it is simply % ROI and Risk Reward. Pips are absoluty redundent. Trust me..

forexfever:
Again, pips mean very little. They will show you the difference between profit and loss. Why is it people still think pips.. A pip could be a huge amount or a single dollar. So please lets drop the whole pips actually mean something. If you are talking profit it is simply % ROI and Risk Reward. Pips are absoluty redundent. Trust me..

===================================================

hey forever --- believe you missed the point. Pips are the GENERALLY accepted form of measure and neither you or I or anyone else is going to change that at this point !

and while I fully agree with your above (hey, make 10 pips doesnt sound like much, but have 100 lots on those 10 pips and its now something else), you must face the truth ---- maybe if you live long enough you might change the vernacular !

whenever youve heard me quote profit, its been in dollars or ROI (I am a financial trading corporation, so naturally I quote that way)

so anyway, I agree with your observations and approach, BUT you aint gonna be changing anything real soon so learn to live with it like ive had to learn to live with the word "scalping", which is INCORRECTLY used in forex to mean one is trading for a few pips (but see, one needs to use the word PIPs here, or do you wish to use "trading for an ROI of 0.00003 ?

got the picture ?

we need ALL the terms !

LOL

enjoy and trade well

mp

mp6140:
===================================================

hey forever --- believe you missed the point. Pips are the GENERALLY accepted form of measure and neither you or I or anyone else is going to change that at this point !

and while I fully agree with your above (hey, make 10 pips doesnt sound like much, but have 100 lots on those 10 pips and its now something else), you must face the truth ---- maybe if you live long enough you might change the vernacular !

whenever youve heard me quote profit, its been in dollars or ROI (I am a financial trading corporation, so naturally I quote that way)

so anyway, I agree with your observations and approach, BUT you aint gonna be changing anything real soon so learn to live with it like ive had to learn to live with the word "scalping", which is INCORRECTLY used in forex to mean one is trading for a few pips (but see, one needs to use the word PIPs here, or do you wish to use "trading for an ROI of 0.00003 ?

got the picture ?

we need ALL the terms !

LOL

enjoy and trade well

mp

Yep i hear you, and i run a free trading room on skype, and we don't talk $'s we talk... yep you know it, pips. But i was simply trying to make the point as you know that for a thread titled 'How many pips a day is a great result?' i would have to maintain that as far as results go as long as the pip count is not in negative, then the pips mean relativley little. Personally using my own system that i have written, that others are trading, i took over 5600 pips in May on long term trades. I also made 612 in may on short term, the ROI is almost identicle. My point being although i accept pips are the general measure, but and there is a big but, amazing pip counts may not hold amazing profit.

I myself am not a scalper although i get your point, and well made. I prefer 'Short term trader' lol.

Please note i am not trying or interested about changing things, simply trying to say that to correctly analyse results, pips are fairly redundent. But hey.. thats just my two pips so.. Everyone to their own.

My only advise to any new traders who have struggled through thus tedious thread, these are the majors (FOR ME!) when assesing a system.

Risk Reward ratio's

Return on Investment

Max Drawdowns

Win to loss ratio

Profit to loss ratio (i.e profitable trades are 2.13 the size of losses)

Pips (lol yeh had to put it in somewhere)

May the pips be with you

just funnin with ya and fully understand what youre saying -- I personally use dollars (all that other math is beyond me) or multiply the pips by the number of lots to arrive at total pippage, even though that doesnt truly explain profit fully

and i know you aint gonna try to change the world, cause we just cant do it even if we wanted !

enjoy and trade well

mp

forexfever:
Yep i hear you, and i run a free trading room on skype, and we don't talk $'s we talk... yep you know it, pips. But i was simply trying to make the point as you know that for a thread titled 'How many pips a day is a great result?' i would have to maintain that as far as results go as long as the pip count is not in negative, then the pips mean relativley little. Personally using my own system that i have written, that others are trading, i took over 5600 pips in May on long term trades. I also made 612 in may on short term, the ROI is almost identicle. My point being although i accept pips are the general measure, but and there is a big but, amazing pip counts may not hold amazing profit.

I myself am not a scalper although i get your point, and well made. I prefer 'Short term trader' lol.

Please note i am not trying or interested about changing things, simply trying to say that to correctly analyse results, pips are fairly redundent. But hey.. thats just my two pips so.. Everyone to their own.

May the pips be with you

yeah i kinda guessed lol. what came first chicken or the egg..

Never going to be answered to a point where everyone will agree, but i tell you one thing, although i like the pip count at the end of the month, i prefer the $ count lol..

Here is to a better week on the markets..

Pips, along with RISK should ALWAYS be mentioned!

forexmoments:
Pips, along with RISK should ALWAYS be mentioned!

OOOOOOPS ---- whats risk ?

is there a pip/risk ratio and accompanying indicator ?

or better still - - - pips X lots/ risk-reward ?

so confusing

mp

Reason: