How Many Pips Per Month Is A Great Result? - page 12

Pips isn't everything to trading success but its the start.

If a trader can't even garner any pips, no matter what kind of money and risk management would going to help him to be successful.

The amount of pips a trader can generate per month reflect his trading skills/theory/concepts/strategy.  

If a trader barely can make any decent pips and can't achieve consistent pips, then his results/returns to his account aren't going to be consistent either.  And with low pips return, a trade will resort to risk taking tactics to reach his target instead of relying on his trading skills.  

Bottom line is, if a trader doesn't have a sound trading concept, he is merely taking chances and thus it becomes a matter of gambling.

The main distinction between a gambler and a trader lies in the level of trading knowledge/skill.  Hence trading is no long a matter of taking chances but more a matter of calculated risk.  

If one can formula a trading formula or concept that is strong and robust, he should be achieving around 70% win ratio and above. 

Hence the amount of pips a trader can garner per month speaks on his/her trading skills.  Then the rest is a matter of money and risk management and that will be the "easiest" part to manage.

1 is enough - if you have account big enough

All depends on account size. Pips mean nothing

Greetings,
I believe that it does not matter, how many pips per month you make, it does matter, how much is your capital, how much are you willing to risk and etc. So my advice is not aim for pips winning, aim for a good strategy that can secure with a steady profit for every month.

You should avoid jumping into the deep if you haven’t gained enough experience. First learn a good trading system and test it in demo environment until you learn how to be consistent. You should be consistent in order to make permanent profits.
Fixed number of pips within a specified period of time as i take it, are not essential in order to guarantee a good result. It would be better to focus on your percentage gain that you aim for each month. In this case profit of 5 to 10% per month are realistic. Good money management is essential for the success and setting realistic profit targets is a part of it. You should also determine your risk tolerance and define for yourself how much money you are ready to lose. If you risk too much then you will lose much and in my opinion greediness never leads to a positive outcome.

nicesurf #:

Pip is the most important result and not percentage..pip will convert to money.......It seems that most of you do not know what you are doing..how can you get money from forex if you rely on percentage....Ha...ha..

Read all comments, but I only agreed with you. Pip mean alot, supper important. It can show the efficency of use capital investment. 

For example 100k account, One trader use leverage 100 to get 10% with a trader use leverage 10 to get 10% ... far different. 

Stop counting stupid things like pips and winning rate. They are totally meaningless.

Look on monthly and yearly growth %, maximum drawdown, maximum trade holding, MFE and MAE: these are factors for evaluating a strategy.
Reason: