EMA Predictive 2

I have many years of programming experience but not much in MQL4. The attached indicator seems very interesting but has what appear to be a few mistakes in the code - in a couple of places it seems to be referencing arrays using an index of -1 which I believe would result in using VERY old data.

Can one of you very excellent programmers correct this indicator (or tell me that it is working fine and I am wrong)?

Thank you

Files:

Too bad the preceding post was moved here - the indicator posted has nothing to do with CG's indicator. I deliberately tried to start a new thread in order to share the indicator in question with others (and hopefully improve it).

Instead, I'm stuck out here at the end of a dead topic where no one will see it...

Yes, I see. You are right. Sorry.

I separated the threads and sent PM to you.

newdigital:
Yes, I see. You are right. Sorry. I separated the threads and sent PM to you.

Thanks NewDigital - I have been tinkering with this indicator and think I may have a version that does what the original author intended but I would really appreciate having an expert MQL4 programmer have a look and see if my understanding is correct.

This should do it

regards

mladen

Lou G:
I have many years of programming experience but not much in MQL4. The attached indicator seems very interesting but has what appear to be a few mistakes in the code - in a couple of places it seems to be referencing arrays using an index of -1 which I believe would result in using VERY old data.

Thank you
Files:

Thanks, mladen. Your version appears to be what I was looking for.

How do you use this indicator?

mladen:
This should do it

regards

mladen

Could You please share your indicators /gray box and red vertical line / or tpl ?

or where can I find it?

Lou G:
Thanks, mladen. Your version appears to be what I was looking for.

How do you intend to use this indicator?

I thought the original would predict the next bar(if it would be up or down...used on daily charts)

Thanks

As you can see, this indicator has very little lag - usually only a bar. I plan to use it in conjunction with a detrending indicator to keep me out of whipsaws and some kind of support/resistance projection, probably DeMark's daily range projection to provide profit targets and potential reversal points. Then I will have a simple (only three indicators) system which will predict the future often enough to make some pips. Will it work? Dunno yet...

Not sure what you mean by "the original". If you're referring to the CodersGuru indicator, that indicator and this one are not really the same thing (though similar in intent).

I like this indicator because it seems to get the job done without being a CPU resource hog, as some "no-lag" tools seem to be.

Lou G:
As you can see, this indicator has very little lag - usually only a bar. I plan to use it in conjunction with a detrending indicator to keep me out of whipsaws and some kind of support/resistance projection, probably DeMark's daily range projection to provide profit targets and potential reversal points. Then I will have a simple (only three indicators) system which will predict the future often enough to make some pips. Will it work? Dunno yet...

Not sure what you mean by "the original". If you're referring to the CodersGuru indicator, that indicator and this one are not really the same thing (though similar in intent).

I like this indicator because it seems to get the job done without being a CPU resource hog, as some "no-lag" tools seem to be.

I may have this indicator mixed up with another predictive indicator...the one I was thinking about used a cross of 2 mas and drew an arrow (up or down) showing the predicted direction of the next bar(daily)

Please keep us up to date on your potentially successful trading method.

Reason: