Trend Catcher

This is an EA I developed for a friend of mine from Forex IRC network nicknamed Trend. He has some simplified rules for trading trends using a custom indicator which I'll include in this post.

First compile the indicator and then compile the expert. Without the indicator the expert won't run. Trend found this indicator while experimenting with his manual trade system and decided to ask me to write an expert utilizing it.

This is the first version of this EA and development will continue.

Feel free to change stop loss and take profit to your comfort level but don't change anything that is hard coded into the indicator calls in the expert, it requires specific settings.

Version: v0.50

Timeframe: 15 min

Currency Pair: any

Dependency: Hi-Lo custom indicator included in this post

I added another version, TC wStoch v0.50, which trades using stochastics in the direction of the trend indicated by Hi-Lo. The timeframe, pair and dependency are the same as the original version.

It is funny that the screen pops up for a manual entry, even though it is an EA - Strange?? Even recompiling the EA has no effect on this happening. Looks like I need to analyze the coding. I am using an IBFX demo 15-min TF.

Dave

<<

I don't know how you did that, a friend of mine from IRC just made $23 in the past half hour with it.

So far so good with this EA. I tried it live on the 1h with it. It has hit the tp so far and it seems to be really worth it. I narrowed the tp to 12 instead of the default.

Dave137:
It is funny that the screen pops up for a manual entry, even though it is an EA - Strange?? Even recompiling the EA has no effect on this happening. Looks like I need to analyze the coding. I am using an IBFX demo 15-min TF.

Dave

<<

In Metatrader, go to the tools menu, go down to options, allow live trading should be checked. See if: Ask manual confirmation is checked. It shouldn't be if you want the EA to trade without you approving each trade.

set file

It's running fine for me. I have attached a settings file that I am using for EU, GU, UJ, and EJ. Just make sure to change the magic number. If you aren't sure where to put it, it goes in your experts\presets folder.

-poopy

Files:

Hi Nittany,

When you say compile the indicator first do you mean put the indicator on the chart first before putting the ea on the chart?

Thank You.

Jeff

nittany1:
This is an EA I developed for a friend of mine from Forex IRC network nicknamed Trend. He has some simplified rules for trading trends using a custom indicator which I'll include in this post.

First compile the indicator and then compile the expert. Without the indicator the expert won't run. Trend found this indicator while experimenting with his manual trade system and decided to ask me to write an expert utilizing it.

This is the first version of this EA and development will continue.

Feel free to change stop loss and take profit to your comfort level but don't change anything that is hard coded into the indicator calls in the expert, it requires specific settings.

Version: v0.50

Timeframe: 15 min

Currency Pair: any

Dependency: Hi-Lo custom indicator included in this post

results

Here's some results for the last 15 minutes...+38 pips.

Well the indicator needs to be placed and compiled where indicators belong. It is not necessary to put it on the chart that you attach the EA to. It is only necessary that you have that indicator in your indicators folder.

Thank You. I have it where it needs to be.

Jeff

nittany1:
Well the indicator needs to be placed and compiled where indicators belong. It is not necessary to put it on the chart that you attach the EA to. It is only necessary that you have that indicator in your indicators folder.

OK cool. Try Poopy's setting file, more than one person is using that setup and it's trading nicely. I'm also going to write an EA for Poopy this weekend using his scalping technique so keep an eye for that before Sunday's open.

Reason: