BUY SELL orders/deals explanation - page 4

Ubzen:

There's no need talking down to the rest of us. We just have different opinions about whats a developer should know vs what they assume (ass_u_me). Every decent developer on mt4 || mt5 should know that Buy@Ask and Sell@Bid. If this developer doesn't know how to turn-on the Ask_Line then who's fault is it MetaQuotes? This same developer may not know that his indicator is re-painting because he cannot see it ... whose fault is it metaQuotes? This same developer may not know that a computer cannot represent doubles_exactly and if( price != price ) is bad programming ... whose fault is it metaQuotes?

You left some very important information out of your examples. Here a link which give a better example http://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/stop-limitorder.asp.

You'll need to tell us what the Ask_Price is doing in-order to provide a more complete example. Otherwise, you're just giving excuses to bad_programming. As in, if you cannot see it that means it doesn't exist.

Ubzen, I respect your point of view, but the discussion has nothing to do with turning on the ask line or representing doubles exactly... lol...

By the way, do you really consider the link you provided a better "example" of how things works with MT5? It's merely a description, with no relationship with MT5!

Third, I didn't give, at any point in my post, any excuse for bad programming... and BTW excuses for bad programming don't need to be given, once you can simply observe the programmer's ability in his/her final products.

To finish, I want to say that you could do a little more research before posting any unconstructive comment...

Ubzen:

There's no need talking down to the rest of us. We just have different opinions about whats a developer should know vs what they assume (ass_u_me). Every decent developer on mt4 || mt5 should know that Buy@Ask and Sell@Bid. If this developer doesn't know how to turn-on the Ask_Line then who's fault is it MetaQuotes? This same developer may not know that his indicator is re-painting because he cannot see it ... whose fault is it metaQuotes? This same developer may not know that a computer cannot represent doubles_exactly and if( price != price ) is bad programming ... whose fault is it metaQuotes?

You left some very important information out of your examples. Here a link which give a better example http://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/stop-limitorder.asp.

You'll need to tell us what the Ask_Price is doing in-order to provide a more complete example. Otherwise, you're just giving excuses to bad_programming. As in, if you cannot see it that means it doesn't exist.

I find you a little harsh in your reply to Malacarne, please calm down a little. We are here to learn, no need for controversy.

About the content, I will reply later.

angevoyageur: I find you a little harsh in your reply to Malacarne, please calm down a little. We are here to learn, no need for controversy. About the content, I will reply later.

Which part of my response do you find harsh? So that I could be aware. I would really appreciate a respond to this because I do-not wish to-be harsh to someone who's clearly talking down upon me. Like if I said ... I did do my research toward his last post ... would that be too harsh?

Malacarne: Ubzen, I respect your point of view, but the discussion has nothing to do with turning on the ask line or representing doubles exactly... lol... By the way, do you really consider the link you provided a better "example" of how things works with MT5? It's merely a description, with no relationship with MT5! Third, I didn't give, at any point in my post, any excuse for bad programming... and BTW excuses for bad programming don't need to be given, once you can simply observe the programmer's ability in his/her final products. To finish, I want to say that you could do a little more research before posting any unconstructive comment...

Ubzen:
Which part of my response do you find harsh? So that I could be aware. I would really appreciate a respond to this because I do-not wish to-be harsh to someone who's clearly talking down upon me. Like if I said ... I did do my research toward his last post ... would that be too harsh?
Ubzen, I'm not talking down upon you. I simply disagree in all aspects when you say that last price is Useless... And I wrote a complete answer with examples why, IMHO, you have to take into consideration the last price, and why it's important, at least in the programming point of view...

Malacarne: Ubzen, I'm not talking down upon you. I simply disagree in all aspects when you say that last price is Useless... And I wrote a complete answer with examples why, IMHO, you have to take into consideration the last price, and why it's important, at least in the programming point of view...

And thats fine. Everyone is entitled to their Opinion. So why is it that my Experience gets called into question when I give my Opinion about Last.Price?

Ubzen:

And thats fine. Every is entitled to their Opinion. So why is it that my Experience gets called into question when I give my Opinion about Last.Price?

I said "I really don't know how experienced you guys are with trading"... I wrote in plural because I wanted to address all the forum users, not you!

Ubzen:

It's difficult to explain. When I read your post and the post of Malacarne, it's obvious that you are in disagreement. But nothing hurt me when I read Malacarne's post, while I find the tone of your comments quite aggressive.

Don't forget that for most of people here, English isn't the first language, which can lead to misunderstanding even more easily than usually. Anyway, I suggest to close the discussion about that. Let's continue with our topic.

Malacarne: I said "I really don't know how experienced you guys are with trading"... I wrote in plural because I wanted to address all the forum users, not you!
Except you're respond to my comment and opinions. Anyways nothing personal... I didn't think it'd go this far. Again I do-not intend to fight you on this. You may have the last word.

angevoyageur:

It's difficult to explain. When I read your post and the post of Malacarne, it's obvious that you are in disagreement. But nothing hurt me when I read Malacarne's post, while I find the tone of your comments quite aggressive.

Don't forget that for most of people here, English isn't the first language, which can lead to misunderstanding even more easily than usually. Anyway, I suggest to close the discussion about that. Let's continue with our topic.

Yes, we're done. Sorry Moderators. Lets continue. :)

By this developer within my comments, I wasn't referring to Malacarne. I was talking about the hypothetical developer I created in the first statement.

Hopefully Malacarne didn't get that impression because his English is quite good.

Ubzen:

Why is this sooo important to you? It might be helpful to explain this more so that we could understand your question better. I mean they're good question ... when someone thinks about it enough :) ... but why important to You?

It's important to me to understand in general anything I don't understand.

I don't have experience about stock market, only a little more of 2 years with Forex, so I still have a lot to learn. My first post on this topic was obviously wrong and incomplete, so I start to study a little about stock market. In stock market trading, last price is an important data for traders, in addition to ask/bid price and volume. This last price can be the ask or the bid price, and it can become different from ask/bid price in some circumstances.

So, now MT5 provides the Depth of Market and the last price, and some Forex brokers provides these data. So it seems to me naturally important to understand how it works, how it can be used for trading in Forex. And as the OP notices, the last price provided for Forex is always the bid. At first I was thinking it was normal situation, but now I don't think so any more, at least I have serious doubts. If last price is always bid price and it's how it must be in Forex then it is effectively useless. But it may be a wrong conclusion, Metaquotes or the brokers can make errors.

The Forex brokers who provides DOM and last price, use Exchange execution type (from what I have experimented). What can we read in the documentation about pending orders :

For symbols with the "Exchange execution" mode, all the types of pending orders trigger according to the Last price (price of a last executed deal). In other words, an order triggers when the Last price touches the price specified in the order. But note that buying or selling as a result of triggering of an order is always performed by the Bid and Ask prices.

So if last price is always bid price, it is at least questionable. All pending orders will be triggered at bid price ? A little weird in my opinion.
Reason: