MA Candles - page 3

zz candles....

CJA..is it possible to make zig zag candle? I was trying to make aligator candles as per your instructions...i failed....Thanks in advance!

cja:
As requested let me know if you need anything else done with it - i have included a very simple Comment so you can see the MAs being used.

7/02/2008

Updated code to have shift values under the inputs.

ma_candles.mq4

[attach]53834[/attach]

another more... great thanks cja

regards,

IIN

Help needed for MA CANDLE

Dear All,

I would really appreciate if someone can help with an indicator for the following condition :

If the price is above 89SMA the candle should be in green color & if the price is below 89 SMA then the candle should be in red Color.

Help would be highly appreciated!!!!!!!

Thanks a ton in advance,

Cheers,

Abhi

coolabhi99:
Dear All,

I would really appreciate if someone can help with an indicator for the following condition :

If the price is above 89SMA the candle should be in green color & if the price is below 89 SMA then the candle should be in red Color.

Help would be highly appreciated!!!!!!!

Thanks a ton in advance,

Cheers,

Abhi

Hi Abhi,

If you use Ma1 = 1 and Ma2 = 89 will give you what you are looking for.

Files:
ma_candles.gif  22 kb

hello master cja, i need your help

i need to draw horizontal line automatic at past time

the line will be draw if requirement "a" and "b"

a. candle no 1 and no 2 is same open price and close price or any difference 1 pips

b. candle no 2 can close lower than no 1

i hope this picture can explain my wish

great appreciate if you could help

thanks cja fantastic indic

one thing, could you make a dual version, ie with 4 colours for 2 seperate pairs of MA cross?

say 2 and 5 and then 100 and 200 or whatever you prfere, so 2 above 5 has light green or 100 over 200 has dark green

thanks

double MA candles

zigflip:
thanks cja fantastic indic

one thing, could you make a dual version, ie with 4 colours for 2 seperate pairs of MA cross?

say 2 and 5 and then 100 and 200 or whatever you prfere, so 2 above 5 has light green or 100 over 200 has dark green

thanks

The problem with what you are asking is what happens when the fast MAs are crossed UP and the slow MAs are crossed DOWN what color should the candles then be? and the other way around if the fast MAs are crossed DOWN and the fast MAs are crossed UP? What about if both are crossed UP then should the color be Light Green or Dark Green? etc

The only easy way around it that I can see is to load the MA candles onto the chart twice. Set the colors for the 1st candles and MAs to very light colors and leave the candle width as 3 then load a 2nd MA candles onto the chart with the slow MAs and make the colors darker plus set the candle width to 2, this way you can see both cross overs on the same candle. You can see on the GIF supplied that the fast MA candles are set to White for a cross UP and Yellow for a cross DOWN and the slow MA candles are set to Green for a cross UP and Maroon for a cross DOWN, also note that the slow candles have just started to show a cross DOWN while the fast candles have just started to cross UP. Just have a play with different colors and candle widths until you get something that visually suits your trading.

Regards CJA

Files:
ma_candles.gif  17 kb

ok thanks

just in case, maybe it could work with green/red on slow ma pair for up/down; and light green/green for up/down on the fast pair when slow pair is up and... ok i try using 2... haha

Sorry wrong post

Hi,

Can you help to make this indi in mq4 file?

Thank you

cja:
Sorry my fault i set you up with the wrong alligator line try the amended settings above. I set up the cross of the SMMA13 instead of the SMMA5

with a shift of 3 not 8.

NOTE I have altered the indicator inputs so that now the shift can be accessed without going into the code.

extern string IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII=">>> MA Settings >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>";

extern int MA1 = 1;

extern int MA2 = 5;

extern int MA1_MODE = 0;

extern int MA2_MODE = 2;

extern int MA1_PRICE = 0;

extern int MA2_PRICE = 4;

extern int MA1_SHIFT = 0;

extern int MA2_SHIFT = 3;
Reason: