Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 91

madopter:
Since there are so many variations of indicators or scripts that make offlines, is there any way to make the necessary changes to the DLL itself?

Without that call nothing will work (EAs or indicators, nothing) the 2 command must be issued together or else the offline chart will be dead - it is getting the tick but the values of the chart are not updated. It is not a problem of the dll as I said - it is a problem of how the offline charts are handled

mladen:
Without that call nothing will work (EAs or indicators, nothing) the 2 command must be issued together or else the offline chart will be dead - it is getting the tick but the values of the chart are not updated. It is not a problem of the dll as I said - it is a problem of how the offline charts are handled

I see. Would you please provide information on what needs to be changed because the indicator I use is proprietary (*.ex4) and I've got to write and tell the guy about it and point him to your posts.

madopter:
I see. Would you please provide information on what needs to be changed because the indicator I use is proprietary (*.ex4) and I've got to write and tell the guy about it and point him to your posts.

Try out this end-pointed version of end-pointed SSA

As far as of giving guidelines to someone that claims that libSSA is proprietary and that anything based on it is proprietary - only I can claim that, since I am the one that wrote libSSA. As of how to overcome the problem with offline charts : I am sure that someone that can write a new proprietary SSA will solve the problem in a similar time as I did

mladen:
Try out this end-pointed version of end-pointed SSA As far as of giving guidelines to someone that claims that libSSA is proprietary and that anything based on it is proprietary - only I can claim that, since I am the one that wrote libSSA. As of how to overcome the problem with offline charts : I am sure that someone that can write a new proprietary SSA will solve the problem in a similar time as I did

Oh no, sounds like you misunderstood my last post -- I would be the first person to call out anyone who is claiming any part of your work as their own. You don't get enough respect and recognition for what you do as it is.

I was referring to the indicator that generates the offline charts (I believe that person's TSD username is Nix or something like that).

As for the indicator, I'm trying to use the attached.

corridor_ssa_normalized_end-pointed_2.01_floating_zero_nmc.mq4

madopter:
Oh no, sounds like you misunderstood my last post -- I would be the first person to call out anyone who is claiming any part of your work as their own. You don't get enough respect and recognition for what you do as it is.

I was referring to the indicator that generates the offline charts (I believe that person's TSD username is Nix or something like that).

As for the indicator, I'm trying to use the attached.

corridor_ssa_normalized_end-pointed_2.01_floating_zero_nmc.mq4

madopter

Nix does not have to change the offline chart generating software. It is not a problem of his code, but a problem how metatrader executes now the update window command (in order to have correct data displayed in an offline chart). That was changed in a new metatrader 4 and that is causing problems to anybody (every indicator on offline chart will get that command - to recalculate all the values - if the correct values are to be displayed as they should)

And this is the Corridor SSA normalized end-pointed adjusted for offline charts too (that 12% was the maximum CPU I succeeded to achieve in normal usage). Try it out - let me know if there are still issues

mladen:
madopter

Nix does not have to change the offline chart generating software. It is not a problem of his code, but a problem how metatrader executes now the update window command (in order to have correct data displayed in an offline chart). That was changed in a new metatrader 4 and that is causing problems to anybody (every indicator on offline chart will get that command - to recalculate all the values - if the correct values are to be displayed as they should)

And this is the Corridor SSA normalized end-pointed adjusted for offline charts too (that 12% was the maximum CPU I succeeded to achieve in normal usage). Try it out - let me know if there are still issues

Ah I see. Another new build issue solved! Thanks.

Edit: Your mod works great. I've got several instances of the SSA indicator and no flickers or sticky few seconds, at all.

Is it possible to have DSS of Advanced Kaufman AMA on Donchian? If so, it would be outstanding to have it on Bollinger too

madopter:
Is it possible to have DSS of Advanced Kaufman AMA on Donchian? If so, it would be outstanding to have it on Bollinger too

Madopter this would be a version of dss of advanced kaufman ama + donchian.

mrtools:

Thank you very much mrtools and I'll definitely test this version but I apologize for not clarifying, I was hoping to have it on the chart itself

Edit: The indicator on the above screenshot is attached.

stochastic_of_t3_on_donchian_nmc.mq4

mrtools:

This version is definitely difficult to use when the Donchian is not placed on the price chart. Any chance of making it look like the "Stochastic of T3 on Donchian?"

Reason: