Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 39

Thanks

faqcya:
Here its coded but you'll have to play with it. Like Project1972 said you need to look at the S/L MM and TP. I did not put any money management code into it I just threw it together like the author suggested. I did make 1 change to it however and that is I gave you the option of using the highest and lowest point over the last x bars which you can define +/- your defined stoploss. If you want to try this method set your StopMethod to 0, or you can do it from your entrypoint by setting StopMethod to 1. you need to put the MakeMagicNumber file in your /include folder. As its coded I think this system is basically a breakeven strategy.

Hi faqcya, thanks for the EA appreciate you taking the time to program this!

** PNN EA development similar to Better EA in 2007 MT Championship

Hello everyone,

I posted this thread in the general section but I truly believe that the more experienced programmers are in the Elite section so i will post it here as well. I will start this thread by first stating that if you are a beginner and have no high level programming experience you are better off reading other threads. I intend this thread to be for the very experienced programmers with some Artificial Intelligence background. I am attaching a screen of the latest trading activity from the 2007 MT Automated Trading Championship of the Better NN EA which is in first place currently and it is likely to win to win the contest. you can read about it at: News - Automated Trading Championship 2007

From my past experience with Cyberia Trader and other NN EAs I have recognized that this EA is using a Probabilistic Neural network (PNN) that forecasts 3 moving averages few bars in advance and enters MA crossovers that have the highest probability rating. Being very selective, it has a high winrate % and a decent PF. You can easily see this pattern from analyzing the attached screen. Even the last trade in progress (a sell) has been initiated at the crossover of MAs. If you notice the EA does not take every MA crossover and it is very selective in which one it decides to take. The benefit from this is that it stays away from taking most crossovers so it has very few trades and the downside (if this is one) is that it misses a lot of good moves. The way its algorithm works is as follows: it predicts with a certain higher probability that fast MA is going to cross slow MA in the next 1-2 bars. Then it enters this trade. However, if the prediction does not turn to be accurate, it then changes its mind and exits this trades as one can see in the happening few times in the past (you have to look at the History tab while logged into this account). There is a question to whether the author uses Pivots as well to predict the turn of the market. I believe the pivots are used as well and when a pivot turn does not unfold as per the PNN prediction the trade is folded as well.

I would like to form a team of good programmers to program the PNN initially in C++ as the author did then test it and finally convert it to mq4 code to enable it to run more effectively on MT4. I have the necessary knowledge of AI and have the documentation needed to proceed with programming by an experienced programming team. I have a library of very clever Money Management functions so this aspect is already covered. Knowledge of Kalman filters adaptation is a plus and for those who know AI they will understand why without asking. Please PM me if you are qualified and are willing to share your programming knowledge. I will then discuss detail with everyone picked as a team and we can get things done very effectively.

Please do not post in this thread unless you meet the qualifications. Basic questions of how, why what etc. will not be answered by me since my time is valuable and yours should be too. If I don't answer posts don't be offended, because I simply try to stay focused on this project. Looking forward working with a great team to complete this wonderful project together!

Disclaimer: There is no commercial interest nor there will be in selling, renting or distributing this EA to the general trading public.

Files:

programming question.

Hi everyone.

I am stuck on a programming issue. Does anyone know how to use 1 indicator result to change another setting? For example, if the daily stockasti was above 20, I would want a moving average of (x). I tried to get the code working below but to know avail. I don't seem to be able to get the switch or if else command to work eithor.

double fourhrUP;

double daystoch1 = iStochastic(NULL, PERIOD_D1,5, 3, 3, MODE_SMA, 0, MODE_MAIN,1);

double daystoch20 = 20;

if (daystoch1 > daystoch20) four_hrUP = 5 ;

double iMA( string symbol, int timeframe,four_hrUP, int ma_shift, int ma_method, int applied_price, int shift);

My goal would be to substitute the ma periods depending on stoch levels.

ajk:
Hi everyone.

I am stuck on a programming issue. Does anyone know how to use 1 indicator result to change another setting? For example, if the daily stockasti was above 20, I would want a moving average of (x). I tried to get the code working below but to know avail. I don't seem to be able to get the switch or if else command to work eithor.

double fourhrUP;

double daystoch1 = iStochastic(NULL, PERIOD_D1,5, 3, 3, MODE_SMA, 0, MODE_MAIN,1);

double daystoch20 = 20;

if (daystoch1 > daystoch20) four_hrUP = 5 ;

double iMA( string symbol, int timeframe,four_hrUP, int ma_shift, int ma_method, int applied_price, int shift);

My goal would be to substitute the ma periods depending on stoch levels.

Don't know exactly what you're after but I think what you need is an else statement and a variable to assign your iMA to.

double fourhrUP;

double daystoch20 = 20;

if (daystoch1 > daystoch20) fourhrUP = 5 ;

else fourhrUP = whatever else you want it to be equal to

double MovingAverage= iMA( NULL,PERIOD_D1,fourhrUP, 0, MODE_SMA, PRICE_CLOSE,0);

Voice notification for open a trade

Newdigital,Do you know how to make a voice notification when the moment come that EA is about opening a trade.Thank you very much.

New system for coding and test

Good morning all

I don't know if this has been done but appears from looking at charts to be a very simple but effective trade. Especially for the currencies that tend to run well GBPUSD, GBPJPY, GBPCHF and EURJPY.

Working on 1 hr charts and a closed candle. Using Williams % R crossing of -50 line or Stochastic 14, 1, 1 crossing the 50 line. Crossing from below up a buy and from above down a sell, on the open of the next candle.

Stops needed appear relatively small, 25 pips except for GBPJPY which might need 50 (plus spread).

Exit trade if there is a cross in opposite direction, a trade would need to be opened in that direction. As there can be some chop perhaps trades should be protected as much as possible by moving stops to BE when 20 pips up and thereafter trailing.

A question would be what to if stopped out within a candle but a trade in the other direction has not be generated.

If anyone can suggest effective trailing stops in particular for GBPJPY that would help.

Many thanks.

What I mean is the EA make a sound remind when open a trade.Then we can have a look what is going on.

newdigital:
You even can play the music from cartoon films but i am not a coder sorry.

Tradex swiss

hi,newdigital,I heard TradexSwiss bankrupt.Peope can not withdraw money from it.Some people lose a lot money. Really bad.Newdigtal,would tell us with Broker is more safety for our deposit money.Thank you very much.

nancy2006bj:
hi,newdigital,I heard TradexSwiss bankrupt.Peope can not withdraw money from it.Some people lose a lot money. Really bad.Newdigtal,would tell us with Broker is more safety for our deposit money.Thank you very much.

I don't know ... many people are using different brokers ... Apari rus, Alpari UK, NF, Fobi Group, IBFX, FXDD and so on ... depends on your deposit size and country and so on.

what do you think about Collective2 - The Trading System Authority ?

Is it possible to create differents portfolios with multiple eas and then compare different systems in a website like collective2 ?

Portfolio 1

Envelope 2.11

Firebird v0.65

MaChannel

Firebird v0.65

TPE EA

portfolio 2

Envelope 2.11

StepMAExpert_v1.42

Terminator v2.03

Firebird v0.65

and so on

So it's more easy to know which eas to put in a portfolio, looking at graph and also at max drawdown, profit factor and all variables you need to understand which is the best portfolio of ea's to pick...

if you have thousand combinations of portfolios you will select 5 or 10 to invest real money and know which is best broker to use.

Reason: