Join the Dots. - page 2

I have downloaded TrendHisto.ex4 and I copy it into oscillators directory but I don't see it in my MT4......why?

metastock:
I have downloaded TrendHisto.ex4 and I copy it into oscillators directory but I don't see it in my MT4......why?

Put it in your indicators directory and restart MT4. That should fix the problem.

drgoodvibe:
How often does SwingZZ repaint the current bar? Or does this become a moot point? I know that this was a big deal in the bouncing pip thread.

You will find very seldom if at all, because the trend is in our favour when the dots are drawn and 90% of the time it turns right there.

Great System

Great system Kamper. Looks like it would work on lower timeframes too.

KaMpeR:
Put it in your indicators directory and restart MT4. That should fix the problem.

I just do it...but i don't see it............... i don't understand, it's the first time!!

KaMpeR:
You will find very seldom if at all, because the trend is in our favour when the dots are drawn and 90% of the time it turns right there.

I understand this system relys on entries when the swing ZZ draws the dot and that if you are trading higher time frames this can easily be missed.

Is there someone that can code an email alert to the swing ZZ indicator so it sends an email when a new dot is drawn?

I love the email indicators because I have them email a gmail account I have that is specifically for that purpose and I have them automatically forwarded to my cell phone so it makes them like a SMS service. It sure as hell saves screen time. I use bigbears zigzag pointer email alert in this fashion.

If someone has the initiative to put an email option on that indicator I would be much obliged and I am sure others would too.

metastock:
I just do it...but i don't see it............... i don't understand, it's the first time!!

======================================================

a long way back in my youth, a woman (sorta a mrs. robinson situation) said the same things to me --- turned out she was a madam at a house of ill repute !

LOL

mp

"support and resistance" is the same as BPS support and resistance, although its number of dots is shorter --- theres probably a bunch of Barry's indicators out there, but the important part is the "AND" in the title ! Having said that, I also have "Super SR7" s+r overlay on my charts also which I use as an "out there" indicator, which is usually hit after MANY hours on the longer timeframes.

I trade GU mostly, so would of course advise watching them both for a while, as they do react differently to different currencies

As stated before, I use zigzags constantly, in spite of their often misunderstood problems, because combined with s+r, its hard to get closer, and I have taken one chart, "halved" the zigzag values and now have the smaller moves within the large trend move

Float is very interesting as a "are we there yet daddy ?" meter and used with s+r gives one an idea of where the "strength" is going, although I havent watched to see if it lags also.

Trend history is not very impressive, as it lags a lot and provides false signals when the currency is consolidating within a trend.

Ive made HALF value zigzags that show the shorter trends within the overall longer trend,

HISTO has me undecided at the moment -- sometimes it seems very good, and sometimes its really confusing, what with showing yellow, then continuing trend. Its understandable, what with some of the dives the price can take on an H1 or H4 timeframe, that it gets put off, but if i were to get used to using it, im afraid i would kick myself out of a few trades i didnt want to be out of ! Perhaps because i trade GU, which is often prone to running in 3 directions at once, this is a problem -- perhaps i should look at EURUSD which i have played often, but not constantly !

but more specifically, while zigzags are definitely not new to me, and I understand "most" of their illusions and repaints, finding people who use them without cursing them is interesting ---- I also get the idea that you are probably over 22 and out of college, which is not always usual with other threads !

btw, if you want a REALLY smooth chart, take a look at a weekly or a monthly --- who says you cant invest with Forex ?

NOW, having had a good time here, allow me to present you with a small token of my appreciation ------ demo first until you are secure, but I place a one lot hedge on GU at exactly 8PM, EST for 10 pips each direction WITHOUT A STOP LOSS !

Sniff at it if you wish, but its earning $1000 per week, using ONE lot per side per day and let me see now, in a year, how much is that and how much beer can you buy ?

enjoy and trade well

mp

One lot in each direction with a 10 pip tp, no sl. What do you do the next night at 8 pm if one side didn't hit or is 100 pips out the money?

mp6140:
... NOW, having had a good time here, allow me to present you with a small token of my appreciation ------ demo first until you are secure, but I place a one lot hedge on GU at exactly 8PM, EST for 10 pips each direction WITHOUT A STOP LOSS !

Sniff at it if you wish, but its earning $1000 per week, using ONE lot per side per day and let me see now, in a year, how much is that and how much beer can you buy ?

enjoy and trade well

mp

robp:
One lot in each direction with a 10 pip tp, no sl. What do you do the next night at 8 pm if one side didn't hit or is 100 pips out the money?

===========================================

above situation has happened only once in a few years --- it went one day and then closed --- we continued trading the next day, as if nothing had happened !

i do tend to check the charts to make sure there is enough headroom and bottom room for the 10 pips, but at 8pm, est there usually is, as major activity occurs overnight, during the asian market and into the opening of the european market. Seems to be reason it works, because of two markets volitility and it only being 10 pips each way ! If all else fails, then we have the US market to shake some things up.

the idea is based on how a forex trend, once broken by news or the jolly green giant stepping on the chart, wants to return to whence it came once daytraders have had their fun ! It is graciously aided by wide range that GU usually works in !

enjoy and trade well

mp

BUT PLEASE CONFIRM WITH DEMOING before doing ~!

mp

Reason: