Martingale EA - page 96

ElectricSavant:
Guys...

Can a public EA such as this be successful..can any public EA be successful?

Be Honest

ES

i don`t believe to any private ea .

Well it will not make intermittant long and short entries in successive order. It will filter them out and only allow orders in the same direction that exceed the previous. Thus you get a gap & a band...

I am posting short paragraphs so the replies are easier...kayvan are you with me? do you have any questions? I am a confusing person I am told and I am trying real hard to improve.

ES

kayvan:
how do you work with last entry = true . i did`t see any success with this option in back test . would you please explain a little about this option . how dose it act?

Do you believe in public EA's more than private ones?

ES

kayvan:
i don`t believe to any private ea .

ElectricSavant:
Do you believe in public EA's more than private ones? ES

yes. and also i don`t believe that there may be a private permanently successful ea .

but in here , and with guys like you and wolfe . we will make it .

already we have gone most of the way.

with that last little idea . be sure that you can use it safly in your real.

Thanks Wolfe and all the guys

I am very greatful since I am not a coder to see such great co-operation with Electricsavant and Kayvan and sivag and everyone else. It is wonderful to see how people can work together ! I especially appreciate wolfe, for his coding abilities. I am testing now the new version and so far so good, I will report back in a few days with my testing.

berdj:
I am very greatful since I am not a coder to see such great co-operation with Electricsavant and Kayvan and sivag and everyone else. It is wonderful to see how people can work together ! I especially appreciate wolfe, for his coding abilities. I am testing now the new version and so far so good, I will report back in a few days with my testing.

it is a marvelous ea . and it will be soon a perfect marvelous ea .

thanks wolfe

Hello everyone,

I am away from my home computer, so I can't code right now. But I wanted to get caught up on the latest posts. I'll spend a little time here now to address some of your posts.

sivach:
Yes Wolfe, I change the computer (pc) (in the same network), every 12 hours, please explain why this is wrong? I run pipmaker EA without any single problem continiously (in the middle of a cycle) after changing pc's, for about four months now. If the magic number and settings are same, please explain your view on this. Update: Yes wolfe, You are right, I should never changeover the trade cycle to another pc, that is bad I realise, because of the stored global variables I suppose, sorry for the annoyance , so that issue is being solved as well. Thanks.

I'm sorry that the EA does not perform the same as others with you're unique situation. I think it's because of the stored globals, each PC that you have metatrader on stores the globals to that specific metatrader program. I think that what's happening is when you log on from another PC, it cannot access the globals from the other computer's metatrader program, then you experience CHAOS.

One way around this would be to set up a VPS. Then you could access from anywhere, wouldn't matter if the computer you were using at the time had metatrader on it or not.

The reason I used stored global variables was that there is SO MUCH going on in this program, and a lot to keep track of. Some variables are time sensitive, and cannot simply be called through an orderselect() command at the beginning of the start() function. An example of this would be in the use of the TS. How would I get the highest achieved total profit of a cycle if it wasn't stored as a global variable? You have to store this information WHEN it happens, and it has to be a global variable, so you can access it later if there is a service interruption with your computer. If you simply define a variable, and assign it's value, when you have a service interruption, the value will be lost when you regain service. Global variables are retained within metatrader for a period of 3 weeks, before they reset to 0.

This is my reasoning for using the global variables. Maybe there is a better way, but I'm not aware of it.

ElectricSavant:
Here is winning on the M5...not a losing trade-set yet and I have seen 3.2 lotsize...Thank you, Last_Entry_Filter

Glad to see some reported success!

Thanks ES.

We are all a team here, and this project would not be as far as it is without everyone's involvement. I thank you all.

ES, you gave me something to look at, something I overlooked. Sometimes, especially if we have a large basket opened, some of the orders will occur swap payments, OR charges. This will need to be accounted for when calculating the OPBM(Orders Profit By Magic). I'll look into this.

ElectricSavant:
Folks,

where have you ever seen a coder with an attitude like this...? I mean yeah there area lot of good people here and all that....but we have a coder at our disposal...we are hundreds of readers and I know a lot of us are holding back as wolfe could get overwhelmed with upgrades...

but really wolfe is giving his "all" to this...and this thread has been filled with thoughtful posts carefully considering wolfes time...

Ok so I do not get an exact exit tonight with the WFM when I should have...but I am not bothering wolfe with that just now...I think the value includes the swap or something like that anyways...

The point here is that wolfe communicates with us everynight...non-stop...we are getting spoiled...at least I am anyway's...

ES

P.S. I enjoy my tfx nights...it grows on you...and if you have not noticed I love to write about my passion....non-stop hehe I get so much joy from this and I just can't imagine making money at the same time someday
Reason: