Anti-Martingale Hedge System: 490 Pips No Drawdown - page 5

I believe you have to decide before entering the progression what the max trade size will be to prevent blowing the account. My understanding is that once your winner hits take profit then you ship the next day of trading and determine which side is the winner and place your trade in that direction. So essentially you always follow the winner from the prior day. This would be determined by candle open which way did go to 30 pips 1st equals the winner. You can start over if you max trade size is reached. Please correct if wrong.

Results from 2008.01.09 taken at 0:00GMT starting w/.1 lot

10 wins - 300 pips

4 losses - 120 pips

Can someone post the most recent modification of the method?

lcfxtrader yes I think you are right.

Leeb, you are also right, this will kill the account if you decide to have no Max trade size as with every progression.

Now Statistically with the nature of forex that tend to trend quite a lot and then range with various amplitude this should secure a winner quite quicly most of the time since to lose it needs to range continously with amplitude = pip step.

Doragio, as discussed earlier it all depends of the Target TP/SL chosen for the given pair (30-60 pips).

So how do we know how to visualise how a currency would behave and estimate the stop loss Lot.

I will tend to say that maybe an Indicator should be written that will allow us to see which side Hit TP first starting at 22:00 GMT, with the following variable input:

- Pip step

- Time of the day to start (any hour)

Ouput:

- Long or Short side that Hit first TP

What do you guys think ?

Once we have this we can establish (and visualise well) various Pip Step and time of the day parameters and set the Maximum Lot size.

I can write an EA and indicator but I am not at home till next monday so maybe if anyone can have a go in the meantime ?

Sunwest

lcfxtrader:
Results from 2008.01.09 taken at 0:00GMT starting w/.1 lot

10 wins - 300 pips

4 losses - 120 pips

I think instead of pip you should consider the lot order too. It's not the same if you put 0.3 lot on a 30 pips S/L with 0.1 lot with 30 pips S/L since the method uses lot progression. It's not apple to apple comparison.

Dreamliner,

I think you should change the title of the thread because it is very misleading.

Your system is not anti-martingale, it is martingale.

Martingale or anti-martingale has nothing to do with the fact that you take a buy after a buy or a buy after a sell it is:

Martingale: increase lots when you lose

Anti-Martingale: increase lots when you win.

And your strategy is in the first category. You don’t double on winning but on the winning side that is quite different. And you stop doubling when you are positive (then you double when you are negative). Anti martingale will double when you are positive.

And also there is no real hedging as several people mentioned already. (I think that sunwest and Doragio had a good understanding of it)

Reading the first posts I maybe understand why your were maybe yourself mislead. It is because of the fake hedge.

In fact you should count the global size lots and not see buy and sell separately.

so globally, if you loose it will be 1, 3, 7.... so martingale

with fake hedges you can make any strategy look like anything like

strategy 1

Buy 1 lot (Buy Lose)

Buy 2 lots - Sell 1 lot (Buy Lose)

Buy 4 lots - Sell 3 lots (Buy Lose)

Would you call that a martingale? (with hedge ?)

No it just trades Buy 1 lot every time with a fake hedge and then additional spread to pay

Thanks

Jlpi, I agree with the title being misleading but yes it was named from good intention.

Sometimes we try to streamline a system and realise what it has become. Yes there is no real hedge, and actual hedge never exist on the same currency even when buying and selling the same number of lot as you always pay the spread.

We know that with every progression you will often win a little and lose a lot very rarely.

In any case if your system produce more than 50% win/loss ratio with same TP and SL it will be positive over time with constant number of Lot and with a progression it will increase accordingly.

Yes that is a bit disapointing but since we started this thread and tried to simplify it by saving spread etc..., I would like to go to the end of it and see if this "follow the winner direction idea" combined with lot increase and a set Max Lot size make us discover that the characteristic of the forex market (trend for some time and range) enable us to have a higher than 50% Win/Loss ratio.

I have installed Metatrader on my work Laptop so I can start an indicator first that will tell us how many pips away from 2200 GMT the price is so I can visualise which side hit TP first on a given day.

Sorry Dreamliner I hope this is where you wanted the thread to head.

Sunwest

sunwest:
Jlpi, I agree with the title being misleading but yes it was named from good intention.

of course. I didn't mean it was misleading in purpose. It was with good intention.

Please Refer to the Post 53 for the newer version 6 of the indicator with explanations.

Thanks,

Sunwest

Files:

Please Refer to the Post 53 for the newer version 6 of the indicator with explanations.

Thanks,

Sunwest

Files:
Reason: