Copyright

Hi,

Im working on an EA. Coming along good. How can I make sure that if I give the compiled version to someone they will not decompile it and learn about the system. What actions can I take to prevent that? Thanks.

FXBabe:
Hi, Im working on an EA. Coming along good. How can I make sure that if I give the compiled version to someone they will not decompile it and learn about the system. What actions can I take to prevent that? Thanks.

I have 2 suggestions came into my mind

1. create a .DLL file and link it into your MQL4 ( though it is still possible to get to source but very unlikely)

2. run the Server from one machine and let the user see the results remotely( highly effective ).

regards

Guyver.

hi

Guyver:
I have 2 suggestions came into my mind

1. create a .DLL file and link it into your MQL4 ( though it is still possible to get to source but very unlikely)

2. run the Server from one machine and let the user see the results remotely( highly effective ).

regards

Guyver.

if you don't want your ea to be decompiled...the safest way just keep it by your self don't ever give to anyone

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

Since when did anyone share any decent EA free or commercial....something I've not seen yet. As suggested best way is to just use managed accounts if you want to do anything with your EA and still make money from it faster than you normally would by only trading it yourself.

How good is your EA?

While it is technically very difficult to decompile DLL's, it is actually very easy to dissassemble them, which means that any codehead could figure out what it's doing in a relatively short time.

If you have something special, best to go the server route, or keep it to yourself.

Never give a good EA to anyone but your mother

I will even put code into a DLL as has been mentioned, but even that can be decompiled, or its simple to figure out the entry points in the DLL and simply use it.

We transmit trades that come from our EA's to our clients. The only thing a client has on their side is a dummy EA that gets the trades. The client has no clue as to our strategy, other than looking at the trades, which they could do anyway using a managed account..

FXBabe:
Hi, Im working on an EA. Coming along good. How can I make sure that if I give the compiled version to someone they will not decompile it and learn about the system. What actions can I take to prevent that? Thanks.

Programmers really need to respect other people's hard work.

Crack and publish other people's work is not a good way to show off, actually it is so ugly.

Reason: