How to LOCK/Encrypt EA - page 4

coding help

I'm trying to develop a code for a set of clients to my IB and I'm trying to offer them a trial period.

How do I program the EA so that it doesn't work after x Days or on a certain date?

Ronald Raygun:
I'm trying to develop a code for a set of clients to my IB and I'm trying to offer them a trial period. How do I program the EA so that it doesn't work after x Days or on a certain date?

Post moved to this thread.

Read post 7

c14n6:
Hello everyone, I hope this is the right section to post my question. Could any EA expert tell me how to encrypt the ea from being decompiled? If i share the .ex4 file, is there any possibilities for people to decompile it? Just don't want people see the code and strategy behind the ea, and misuse it for his own purpose. If this topic has been discussed before, could somebody refer me to the thread? Thank you for your attention.

You can't.

Even if the EA is coded to use a DLL, another library file(s), or use an ftp connection to a host server to authenticate the EA, all of these measures can be thwarted by a good decompiler.

Once the code is decompiled the security measures are simply removed.

As stated elsewhere, if you value the EA do not share or sell it.

there are protection programs for locking dll's. are they any good?

Good post of cja about how to put expiration day on the indicator.

WNW:
You can't.

Even if the EA is coded to use a DLL, another library file(s), or use an ftp connection to a host server to authenticate the EA, all of these measures can be thwarted by a good decompiler.

Once the code is decompiled the security measures are simply removed.

As stated elsewhere, if you value the EA do not share or sell it.

Not quite true, regarding decompiling, that is - the rest I agree with.

Decompiling DLL's in practice is not possible (in theory, of course it's possible) - one attempt that springs to mind was a program called 'Boomerang', it would decompile really really simple 'machine language' constructs into readable C code. Nothing complicated could be decompiled with it though...

There is a world of difference between decompiling and dissassembling though. First, Compiling is where the high level language (Visual Basic, C/C++ etc.) is converted to 'machine code', which is basically just hexadecimal numbers, (the lowest machine language form). Decompiling is the opposite of this obviously!

Dissassembling this machine code would produce Assembly Language, which is simply an easier to use representation of the hexadecimal machine code. 'Assembling' converts assembly language to machine code.

What is possible with DLL's is to dissassemble them, so anyone fluent in assembly programming would have no problem figuring out what your DLL is doing, even though the Assembly Language he would be working with would be completely different visually, to the high level language that was compiled - this is afterall, what the DLL 'really' is...

Of course, if there really is a program out there capable of doing this properly, I stand corrected and would really like to know about it.

codersguru:
These are some of the ideas to protect your EA: 3- If you think your EA worth why don't you sell the signals only and keep the EA yourself?

Codersguru or New Digital:

How do you get set up to receive signals from an EA?

Is there a thread that explains how to do this properly?

Thanks in advance

fxgrm

Demo only EA

Many of the EA's available for purchase offer a demo mode only or strategy tester only mode for "trying" out the EA. Will someone please provide the code for allowing a EA to run in demo and/or strategy tester mode only?

One additional question. I purchased one EA when I first began looking into the Forex market and I had to register the EA and get a key before it would work. Will someone also please point me in the direction of where I can find the code and/or process that does that?

Thanks!

Check These Out. One of these may work for you??

Dave

<<<

Reason: