Mt4 Api - page 5

Software

Hello,

I have a simple question to ask, maybe a stupid one.

How can I make a software that connects directly to a broker, meaning that instead using mt4, I should use my own software. Is there any protocol, some ports, is the traffic encrypted ? Is there any way to reproduce mt4 behavior ?

This questions are not about DotNetApi for mt4 , but about making from scratch a program to connect with brokers' servers.

Ok, I admit there were more than one question.

5of7:
I was told that MT4 can push quotes through DDE which can be used for things like Visual Studio.

I was getting ready to give that a try to read quotes. All my trading is through a custom application, but I would like to get quotes from MT4.

Anyone want me to post results, or no one interested in those sorts of things?

HI 5,

Working on similar project here. Really tired of the limitations and unmanaged code and lack of garbage collection in MT4. MT5 does not look much better from these perspectives, but hopefully it will be. Wanted to do the main algos in c# for the usual reasons. Haven't really gotten started on the guts of it. DDE is one way to go. Like a lot of people, I started with DLL C++ wrappers, pipes (not one of my brighter ideas), and finally sockets as the only real way to talk to my VStudio API. So, just starting out on a long and tortuous path here. Wish you good luck on yours!

Dan "islandTrader"

read data from website

Is that any way to read data from the web site in mql4 .i want to read the news time any currency symbol from web site ?

bridge technology

Should I ask prospective brokers who built their MT bridge? Should I worry if it's not a well established 3rd party software company or if it was built internally by the broker?

Does this matter as much as the brokers' market making processes?

Pros/Cons of API

Hello,

I want to discuss the Pros/Cons of the API trading. Please share what you like and dislike about them.

I'll start:

1. MQL4 are bad names for methods - they damage my brains by putting nouns in the beginning. Like "OrderSend". It must be in English - SendOrder etc
  2. I want my EAs to use the same base classes. So I'd use multiple inheritance concept from C++. Please add this ability

look like MT5 is gear toward robotic type of trading

robotic trading in normal stock could mean bloomberg news feed, when there is news on certain stock, then the computer start to watch or speculate more, lead to high freq trading, e.g. co-location to find the best average price

-- I have not yet try MT5, so I have to reserve my opinion, but I wonder how MT4 mobile on different platform and how much a template could have left remain in MT4 mobile

====

API basically mean anything that help you to click, trade (F9) or set up anything

I did use macro to help to set LO, SL, TP -- the computer can do something in 0.5 sec, if human do it, it could take 5 sec and an excel nearby

but I think broker won't let you skip the middlemen, there should be plenty of protection in MT4, could be more, if it realise you use the MT4 for real money -- so again, pick a broker that suit your risk amt of money

i.e. you suppose not to just get those data by doing a connection string, after all, metaquote MT4 is still the world most prominent platform, it is hard for you to do something to go inside it or bypass it