Mt4 Api - page 4

Since i cant post links (silly rule) . heres the beginning of the code repository for anyone interested with / replace by _

http:__github.com_Storkle_clj-forex

hi storkle,

just downloaded the source. thanks for sharing

here is the link:

Storkle's clj-forex at master - GitHub

not to get the wrong impression, but i actually just started. sorry not much to see, though i am able to connect and get the high/low/close/open so far.

Hello Storkle,

Is it possible to connect Data Feed from for example OnixS client to Meta Trader and use it for charting and analyzes only?

Is it possible to have the tick chart on MT with possibility of define the number of ticks par bar?

Best regards. wiosna

cd

Is it possible to attach MT to StreamBase Studio ?

If not MT, are there another possible platform to do these things for example Ninja Trader?

These questions concern your programming skills and clojure.

Best regards. wiosna

wiosna:
Hello Storkle,

Is it possible to connect Data Feed from for example OnixS client to Meta Trader and use it for charting and analyzes only?

Is it possible to have the tick chart on MT with possibility of define the number of ticks par bar?

Best regards. wiosna

Sure, you would have to write a program which runs as a background server i (which will have to be done for eas written in clojure) which collects the data from OnixS either through sockets or their java api and then you write to a historical file, see PeriodConverter in mql4 codebase

Defining the number of ticks per bar is simply changing the timeframe so to speak, just like the above codebase does.

For streambase studio, i imagine it would be possible since it is java related - you just need to provide them a stream of data using their api. However, im cursiou, whats the point of streambase? Its not too clear at a quick glance.

Is it event based or polled for data?

I was told that MT4 can push quotes through DDE which can be used for things like Visual Studio.

I was getting ready to give that a try to read quotes. All my trading is through a custom application, but I would like to get quotes from MT4.

Anyone want me to post results, or no one interested in those sorts of things?

yeah, dde can be used by enabling it in tools->options. What is the custom program you are building?

Sure, you would have to write a program which runs as a background server i (which will have to be done for eas written in clojure) which collects the data from OnixS either through sockets or their java api and then you write to a historical file, see PeriodConverter in mql4 codebase

Defining the number of ticks per bar is simply changing the timeframe so to speak, just like the above codebase does.

Thank you. I try to do it.

Reason: