Mt4 Api - page 2

Hello,

I have some EA's. Im looking for some kind of API or program that allows me to manage more than 2 accounts (maybe 50) at same time with one EA. Some representatives from aleecoFX and alpari told me there is no way to do it, even with MultiTerminal i cannot do it coz it doesnt support EA's...

What can i do in my case or what is my option?

Thanks!

Best regards and happy new year!

monotomiatsd:
Hello,

I have some EA's. Im looking for some kind of API or program that allows me to manage more than 2 accounts (maybe 50) at same time with one EA. Some representatives from aleecoFX and alpari told me there is no way to do it, even with MultiTerminal i cannot do it coz it doesnt support EA's...

Thanks!

You need the MT4 multi account manager.

monotomiatsd:
Hello,

Thanks!

We have just finished our EA broadcaster. I wanted something that would not only copy orders, but transmit them over the net. On the client side, it will copy orders exactly the same as the master EA. It will transmit to hundreds of clients.

This way, we can sell our EA's to our clients on a monthly basis, without someone stealing the code. They never actually get the EA.

Its currently in Beta,but looks good so far. We still have some safety issues left to deal with . MM etc.

How to use the mt4 datafeed API?

Hi,

I am using the mt4 client and I want to use the datafeed API.

I don't know where to find it and the examples.

I read that it's supposed to be in the mt4 server API dir.

How do I get the mt4 server? is it the same as the mt4 client?

Thanks

star90

star90:
Hi,

I am using the mt4 client and I want to use the datafeed API.

I don't know where to find it and the examples.

I read that it's supposed to be in the mt4 server API dir.

How do I get the mt4 server? is it the same as the mt4 client?

Thanks

star90

MT4 Server is at sale by Metaquotes. And then you need the data providers to feed it.

MetaTrader DataFeed API Protocol

Is anybody aware of any documentation available on the MetaTrader Server / DataFeed / Manager API protocol?

My broker is MB Trading, an ECN which does not support MetaTrader, and I am looking into writing a MB Trading -> MetaTrader bridge.

It looks like the most reliable way would be to reverse engineer the MetaTrader server protocol(s) and implement a MetaTrader compatible server which could be coupled to an arbitrary quote data and order execution source.

I am competent with MetaTrader from the standpoint of MQL programming, but I haven't done any serious research into the communication yet between the MetaTrader client software and the server software on the Market Maker's end.

Before I embark down the (hopefully not too) painful path of reverse engineering the MetaTrader server software, can anyone point out to me if this has already been done, or if there is any documentation available on the MetaTrader server communication protocol?

SHFileOperation API and Metatrader

Hey, if you like how to improve your management of complex APIs structures, such as those of API SHFileOperation fuction, don't forget to visit this blog:

Handling Forex with Metatrader

Javier:
Hey, if you like how to improve your management of complex APIs structures, such as those of API SHFileOperation fuction, don't forget to visit this blog: Handling Forex with Metatrader

It's in Spanish, I think, and I can't read that!

jimven:
It's in Spanish, I think, and I can't read that!

..But you still could download the SHFileOperationTest.mq4 sript. It appears just in the fist line of the post.

Thanks,

Uploading a File from Metatrader: Wininet API functions

Check in this blog Handling Forex with Metatrader the UploadingFileTest.mq4. It is fully commented in english and let you to upload a file to a remote web site via FTP.

This could help you to check what is doing your expert advisors when you are far away from the PC were they are running.

In the blog there are also .mq4 files fully commented to download a file (like a VIX file, for instance) URLDownloadVIXTest.mq4 and to work with files in your computer SHFileOperationTest.mq4

Best regards,

Mestize.

Reason: