ElectricSavant's™ Challenge - page 2

If some of you feel that I am being arrogant....ok name your terms if you have such an EA...

I do not mean to be arrogant or some sort of opportunist....its just that I have searched high and low for such an EA and cannot find it...

I am told by the experienced ones here...silly boy...nothing is for free....

Ok...name your terms...you see this does not exist and I am not scared...and I am not a liar or a theif..

ES

P.S. and vendors...do not insult me with your Charlatan ways...I am looking for a real coder here with an institutional quality EA that has been tested (if there is such a thing in this "Circus of Retail Spot Forex").

P.P.S. 2008 is going to be a banner year...if I could just get a reply to this thread with an EA from a serious taker (s). I have been reading some of your work for years as you have read some of mine....some of you know me and I never used a different handle in the last 5 years on various forums....I am real... this is real...but I guess if I had something that worked, I really would need to trust the person I shared it with. I understand.

I am getting PM's proclaiming hey Electric!...I thought you were out of the EA business!....

I am...

There is not one EA with this criteria....thus my earlier statements stand...EA's are gambling...

Yes I like to gamble...but my friends are helping me to remember what an EA is...it is a gamble...I do believe that trading can be "not gambling"...I have just not been able to discover how...

ES

The trouble with these contests is they measure efficiency incorrectly.

If there was a contest ranking by Yield to Risk ratio...then it would not waste our time. This simple ratio that covers it all.....

Let me explain:

ROI Annual % : Intraday drawDown in % of highest banked balance with sample size disclosed

This is

all

you need to measure the robustness of an EA..Plain and Simple

ES

PS. It is even hard to find a 2:1 ratio...(34% ROI to a 17% DD) (I prefer to not exceed 17% max Intraday DD from Banked)

P.P.S. Every EA should list this ElectricSavant Ratio™, like a car lists it's miles per gallon estimates...

No1Viking:
ForexRobotSupport Automated Trading Competition 2008

The only EA competition where every EA will have the possibility to show it's best performance. Registration starts on the 1st of January 2008 and the competition on the 1st of March 2008.

All EAs are welcome to the competition, free and commercial.

# First Place wins 48% of the total license fees.

# Second Place wins 28% of the total license fees.

# Third Place wins 16% of the total license fees.

The more EAs that compete the more money the winners will get!

Join the ForexRobotSupport.com forum, read the rules, the instructions and we will answer any questions you may have ASAP.

Michael

azjeff,

Do not mislead anybody. THERE IS NOT ANY PUBLISHED EA THE CAN MAINTAIN A 2:1 ElectricSavant Ratio™ (max 17% DD) for an extended length of time in Retail Spot Forex.

Thus

I go private and search...but no takers yet...

ES

ElectricSavant Ratio™ (max 15% DD) = ROI Annual % : Intraday drawdown in % of highest banked balance and Sample size

Folks,

Please read carefully what I post. I am not misleading anybody.

This simply is not possible. There are not any takers, as they cannot do it..

I already know this and I am not scared. Anybody can look at the last two years and understand the market cannot be put in a "can" to preserve yield and at the same time limit DD. It just cannot be contained, unless you can accept a yield less than a CD rate.

The ElectricSavant Ratio™ is not dependent on initial equity or leverage...or trade size... or mm... or method. It is simple and does a fine job of identifying how much risk is necessary to get the yield.

I will tell you martingale or long term carry for swap or gridding and such cannot achieve the ElectricSavant Ratio™. I believe you must trade with stops! and lagging indicators carry no magic.

Price Action methods or some sort of scalping that IBFX would permit may come the closest and be the most logical to use to attempt to meet my criteria.

You holy grail seekers and feeders on this board...you will not find anything...I know what I am talking about.

ES

P.S. NOT ONE CODER HAS ANYTHING TO OFFER (not even a portfolio of EA's to offset one another)..BUT THOSE CHARLATANS REMAIN, MY INBOX IS GETTING FILLED.

P.P.S. This amazes me (not really)...what a wonderful opportunity for someone to be recognized...they do not even need to tell me their code...Hell I will even extend my offer to a managed account of 1K...ok? you can trade it discretionarily without an EA ok? You can have an LPOA....but the criteria stands...can you do it? are you up to it? read my Blog there are 14 funds in there all exceeding 15% DD from the highest banked balance at one time or another (some of them are net profitable, but that is not the point)...

When you submit your EA, you need to identify the setfile and the pairs to be traded and the expiration of our arrangement. I have the right to decline any offer at my discretion. Backtest or Forward test results will help me with my decision... All I need is your Yield to Risk Ratio, Sample Size and Expiration.

If you submit an MA offer, I need you to be established with other clients and up and running with some sort of a performance record no matter how long it is with a dealer that is CFTC licensed & NFA registered.

ElectricSavant:
I need one thing from you:

May I please have:

Yield to Risk Ratio as I have outlined? and sample size. Please explain the ratio..if its 2:1...I need to know the value of the componets too...

I have no problem with your proposal and i understand.

ES

Grid trading system. Yield = 0 promise as all hedge fund promised. Drawdown is limitted by 11%. Whenever it reaches 11% MAXIMAL DRAWDOWN(included positions that is still floating) or ABSOLUTE DRAWDOWN(from tick chart ~ minute chart ~ Daily ~ monthly ~ yearly calculation, 11% DD at anyone time), close all orders and will never open trade anymore. Contract automatically terminate prematurely. Drawdown will be recalculated after lot size adjustment. If there is a lot size adjustment, previous water marked DD will be reset to 0. And the borderline of DD will be recalculate with the current balance while adjusting lot size to balance out the RRR. Compounding effect are based on NON static, 2:3 compound instead of 1:1. No sample of statement will be provide. No sample of account will be provide. So, its solely based on trust. I hope and expecting you already understand why I give these statements if you're a good fund manager. Still, the favor is on your side. You can try me for free and can terminate the deal anyonetime if you dislike it. Its a super fair deal for you. You risk 110 bucks to find a good EA, but you save the hassle of operate your own computer, to scratch your head from problems. You dont pay a penny to me no matter how much I make until both of us has the agreement, and the POA comes in and I take my cut through FCM.

Regards

David

I need something from you.

May I please have:

Yield to Risk Ratio as I have outlined? and sample size. Please explain the ratio..if its 2:1...I need to know the value of the componets too. as I have outlined..

componets: ROI in % annually : Max intraday DD from HIGHEST banked balance

I have no problem with your proposal and I understand. I do not need to think about it...I know you and your service to this board and it readers here...

ES

P.S. By the way folks this is not a competition. This is to introduce a benchmark and to give traders hope that there are EA's or MA's that can achieve the ElectricSavant Ratio™ I have not found a 2:1 yet...but at least we can identify the max 17% DD with live trading...this is the real deal folks...arn't you glad you are a guest here at tsd?

got DD? Got Yield?...go get milk then...

davidke20:
ES,

As a professional, I dont think I can hand you my EA in any form(even compiled or encrypted). This is a business deal, so I'm taking it as a business approach as well. You can open an account and try me. At anyone time if you feel uncomfortable, you change your password and I cannot access to your account anymore. If I breach the rules, you change your password and I cannot access to your account anymore. You need not have to pay me a penny. You can let me make money or lose your money until either 1 of us feels frustration, you change your password, and I cant trade the account anymore.

At the best case scenario, both of us are happy with the result. I sign an POA, and broker transfer my cut through FCM from your account to mine. Clean and sweet. Any one time you feel uncomfortable, you terminate the contract. Change password and I cant trade the account anymore. Think about it.

Regards

David

Sounds good...

read following post...

davidke20:
Grid trading system. Yield = 0 promise as all hedge fund promised. Drawdown is limitted by 11%. Whenever it reaches 11% MAXIMAL DRAWDOWN(included positions that is still floating) or ABSOLUTE DRAWDOWN(from tick chart ~ minute chart ~ Daily ~ monthly ~ yearly calculation, 11% DD at anyone time), close all orders and will never open trade anymore. Contract automatically terminate prematurely. Drawdown will be recalculated after lot size adjustment. If there is a lot size adjustment, previous water marked DD will be reset to 0. And the borderline of DD will be recalculate with the current balance while adjusting lot size to balance out the RRR. Compounding effect are based on NON static, 2:3 compound instead of 1:1. No sample of statement will be provide. No sample of account will be provide. So, its solely based on trust. I hope and expecting you already understand why I give these statements if you're a good fund manager. Still, the favor is on your side. You can try me for free and can terminate the deal anyonetime if you dislike it. Its a super fair deal for you. You risk 110 bucks to find a good EA, but you save the hassle of operate your own computer, to scratch your head from problems. You dont pay a penny to me no matter how much I make until both of us has the agreement, and the POA comes in and I take my cut through FCM.

Regards

David

Folks when you read the blog...read the comments too..there is much more content there...the blog entries are merely headlines...the devil is in the details..

ES

Reason: