How to build a NN-EA in MT4 - page 10

I'm really confuse on this thread because there are 3 kind of different EA (based on NN) discuss togheter:

Forex_NN

Kohonnen v15

neuroMTC

and a indicator (without EA) .... Neuro_Test

I hope to understand all

Thanks

Bolla

gbolla:
I'm really confuse on this thread because there are 3 kind of different EA (based on NN) discuss togheter:

Forex_NN

Kohonnen v15

neuroMTC

and a indicator (without EA) .... Neuro_Test

I hope to understand all

Thanks

Bolla

Yes, me too , could anybody help to put things in the right order. I am totally lost...

Thanks

mic.

Split this thread...

ND,

Maybe we need to split this thread into 3 with the different EA's, scripts, etc...

Carl

crodzilla:
ND,

Maybe we need to split this thread into 3 with the different EA's, scripts, etc...

Carl

I dont think is nessasary to spilt all the 3 EA's in a different theread, since the purpose of this thread is to discuss about how to create an EA using NN approach. As so far we already explore and found 3 different type of this kind EA with a different way style of NN training and is a good start to explore more.

As so far only one EA that can be train easily by just running backtesting in visual mode. Another 2 EA's we are still study how to train them....so keep explore ....!

crodzilla:
ND,

Carl

We can do it later. Because I started to discuss something here and i stopped. Why? I am not a coder. I sent PMs to some coders asking for help (to explain, to code and so on) which can help us so I hope this thread will be continued and which way - we will see and we can decide it later to split or not.

Hi guys!

I'm new on this topic, have tried to train NeuroMTC and also interessted in Neuroshell, because I thing it is a very upcoming topic. So far so good.

NeuroMTC:

When I ran backtest (it is very slow) and set the indcator for it,

does anybody know where the files of results open/saved in the "lib_NeuroFFT" are stored? because of learning an training.

In the russin forum also is a "neuroshell application/package" to use Neuroshell with MT4. Does anybody has an idea how to use it, or an english text of this topic? Because training with MT4 is not very good.

Thanks a lot for help an info!

Bye, Alex

teldon:
i found these indicator and expert somewhere,

Can't test it.

Can somebody look at the codes and help testing please.

TQS

I just read more detail about this Forex_NN_Expert and Forex_NN_Ind from the website... It is explained that this weight factors that use in this Indicator still is not the value from optimizing but from one of the profitable test.

The writer didn't mention the way to put the weight factor to the EA / Indicator automatically. We still have to find other lesson to solve this problem.

I am wondering, without the result from optimizing, the EA has already give a promising result. Just imagine if the the optimizing proses has already put into the EA

Now that we have a Neural Network, we may want to trade using it. As Cortex is just a simulator, it cannot be used for trading in a real time.

Of course, it is possible to use the "run by timer" feature, and to perform file input and output, so that Cortex gets new quotes from the file, and writes results to the file. The Trading Platform you use will read the results, use them to trade, and then, as new quotes become available, write them to file.

This is not a very good approach. It is clumsy, and it can be error prone.

Another approach is to use Cortex API. However a) not all trading platforms will work with it, so you might need to write an additional level of software to wrap API functions, and b) not all traders like low level C++ programming.

The third approach uses DDE and ActiveX, but as Cortex does not provide this kind of functionality, it cannot be used.

The solution we suggest is to use ONLY scripting language of the trading platform of your choice.

That comment comes from the website. I think we can't continue using Cortex program to analyze Neural Network. I will change to Matlab / Neuroshell

To enrich the knowledge in NN, you can read the following ebooks

Welcome, MiHD.net - World's most generous file web hosting service (fundamental of NN)

http://www.ru.lv/~peter/zinatne/ebooks/Idea.Group.-.Neural.Networks.in.Business.Forecasting.-.2004.- (in this ebook explained the performance difference between kohonen and multilayer feedforward using backpropagation as the training method)

richest:
To enrich the knowledge in NN, you can read the following ebooks

Welcome, MiHD.net - World's most generous file web hosting service (fundamental of NN)

http://www.ru.lv/~peter/zinatne/ebooks/Idea.Group.-.Neural.Networks.in.Business.Forecasting.-.2004.- (in this ebook explained the performance difference between kohonen and multilayer feedforward using backpropagation as the training method)

Thank you very much (two thumbs)

Looks like the 2nd link is error... could you check it?

Reason: