How to build a NN-EA in MT4 - page 9

newdigital:
For example we see this number for EURUSD (H1 timeframe). I saw it late but just imagine that this number came to the previous bar.

So, which price pattern/situation we will have?

So, it will be like this one:

With some probability of course.

The probability as higher as many bar on the chart.

I try to backtest "neuro_Kox" in visual mode on EUR/USD 1H but don't work. It don't show any number. So I try to attach "neuro_test" like indicator during backtest but nothing appair. What's mean the red line in the indicator window? Which type of orders do you use with the numbers? (example: 4 --> sell; is correct? 6 --> buy , etc....)

Thanks

Bolla

It is script (library file - to library folder) https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178272/page2

It is the better to use indicator from here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178272/page2 (don't forget about library file):

Thus, there is script.

And there is indicator.

And there is EA.

EA, indicator and script are not connected between each other.

It is completely separated tools.

As to EA so there are 2 kinds of EA I posted:

- simple with MTF Etalon indicator as a trainer (you should attach this indicator during the visual mode backtesting to train NN - name of NN is Vasya which is first name - Willy in English language - the coder is having some sence of humor). Author asked to improve this EA to create a system, to insert more indicators and so on.

- the other EA is working as connection between Metatrader and NeuroShell software.

The same case: author asked for the improvement because as he said he does not have time and he is just a forex coder and not forex developer.

That is why I posted everything.

Script and indicators with numbers on the chart are not connected with any EA. It is separated tools.

Files:
pricekoh.gif  24 kb

sorry but where are the Ea?

Bolla

Simple EA with Etalon indicator is here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178272/page2

How to train is here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178272/page2

And some discusdsion on posts 31; 32; 33 and 34.

It is very easy to improve this EA. Even me, with limited priogramming knowledge and NN knowledge did it 2 times this week.

The other EA (connection between Metatrader and NeuroShell software, to collect data from Metatrader and send it to train NN in NeuroShell software, to transfer trained data from NeuroShell back to Metatrader, to trade and so on) was posted many times on this thread. I am still don't understand how to train Metatrader's data in NeuroShell software without insalling this NeuroShell software but I will try to recognize it because I still did not finish to read the russian forum thread.

This simple EA with Etalon indicator is based on Kohenen only.

Later on author (klot) created library file (version 1) which all types of NN coded inside (Kohonen NN, auto associative NN and the other 2 or 3 types of NN). I posted this library file as well on this thread. And klot said that it may be fully enough for any coder to code any type of NN EA for MT4. As I am not a coder so I stropped with this subject.

Next interesting subject is the second EA: connection MT4 to NeuroShell using dll. But I don't know it yet (will know later).

thanks.......so neuro_Kox is a type of NN and KHoen is another, is ti true?

bolla

Without wanting to be negative (though I fear it will be taken that way), it seems you guys are just optimizing EA's which you don't really understand, Neural Networks are the tip of the iceberg in the world of data mining and statistical classification, you have to understand what is happening to avoid the pitfalls. The Corex example is typical, it's actually pretty easy to get a NN to predict an indicator 1 or 2 bars into the future, but you will find it doesn't really get you anywhere, you are predicting a lagging indicator. If people are serous about this type of thing I strongly suggest doing some reading before jumping into the back tester with other peoples code. 'The Elements of Statistical Learning' (Springer series) is a good place to start.

Craig:
Without wanting to be negative (though I fear it will be taken that way), it seems you guys are just optimizing EA's which you don't really understand, Neural Networks are the tip of the iceberg in the world of data mining and statistical classification, you have to understand what is happening to avoid the pitfalls. The Corex example is typical, it's actually pretty easy to get a NN to predict an indicator 1 or 2 bars into the future, but you will find it doesn't really get you anywhere, you are predicting a lagging indicator. If people are serous about this type of thing I strongly suggest doing some reading before jumping into the back tester with other peoples code. 'The Elements of Statistical Learning' (Springer series) is a good place to start.

I agree with you.

I only explained about some thread in russian which one person posted on the first page. This thread was about 'how to code NN in MT4' created by well-known coder who is coding for Metaquotes codebase website, who is not doing commercial, who is coding for free and this guy is having his own forum about NN. It is fully related to our thread.

I think we must know something about what the other people did and doing for free before we created this thread on forex-tsd. It is much better than wait for someone who will code everything and will sell EAs to us for money.

gbolla:
thanks.......so neuro_Kox is a type of NN and KHoen is another, is ti true? bolla

What is Khoen?

Sorry gbolla I really need to read something about NN.

gbolla:
thanks.......so neuro_Kox is a type of NN and KHoen is another, is ti true? bolla

I don't know anything about neuro_kox, but a Kohonen network is a type of neural net architecture named after the guy who invented it. Loads of stuff on the web about how they're constructed and used.

Reason: