Manual systems discussion - page 13

The Best indicators out there

calling out all the greatest programmers of this great forum after ive searched for aeons and asked many people , these seems to be the best indicators in the hundreds of dollars price range(there are better that cost thousands) in the picture here you see two , one is givining you the exact time to enter and the second one filters if the market is ripe enough for entering.

anyone who can give us all substitute for these indicators will help us all, especially that indicator that shows a spike in the volume of buyers or sellers seem to me great,

tell me what you think

Files:
acas.jpg  216 kb

This has mostly been done already - for free. The chart is a Tradestation chart.

The paintbar is a smoothed HA , which you can get off this forum, I attached here.

The bottom/dots indicator was written by TRO, it's called _TRO_PMSM_TREND (not sure if he knows it's being soled on eBay). You can get it for Tradestation off his site where he posts his indicators. Not sure if he has written it for MT4, you might want to PM him here.

I looked at this combo on Tradestation, but did not find it to be anything special in real time. Maybe you will have success with it. Good luck.

jeffx

Forgot to add that all volume indicators are completely useless in forex, since there is no centralized forex exchange like there is for stocks, commodities/futures.

jeff thank you very much i didnt mean the hashi within the candles just look under ,there are two indicators one shows a nice spike of volume, the other you got very right, so are you sure someone stole it from TRO?

what is his website address?

i also want to ask if you recommend the hashi indicator you posted do you use it? is there anything that shows a forcasting spike on forex?

alainbernard:
jeff thank you very much i didnt mean the hashi within the candles just look under ,there are two indicators one shows a nice spike of volume, the other you got very right, so are you sure someone stole it from TRO?

what is his website address?

i also want to ask if you recommend the hashi indicator you posted do you use it? is there anything that shows a forcasting spike on forex?

I'm positive that TRO wrote that indicator. I've matched it with the one sold on eBay PMSM stands for Poor Man's Slot Machine - meaning it was for charts, and the original Slot Machine indicator TRO wrote for TradeStation's Radar Screen - it was one of the biggest, if not the biggest thread ever on TradeStation forums. TRO posts his indicators on kreslik.com.

I don't use HA because I like to read candlesticks - they provide more information for my style of trading. That HA indicator does look very useful for catching good trends though.

I don't know of any indicator that can accurately 'forecast a spike'. Indicators are inherently lagging. Volume indicator spikes on forex charts spike exactly when the bar/candlestick does, so I don't understand why anyone would use them on a forex chart - just look for the price action spike, LOL.

HTH

alainbernard,

Is this similar to what you are looking for? I use ADXcrossesNon-repainting for my arrows and I filter my entry points against the HA candles and the SSL bars. I will be posting the updated version of the system in the picture on this thread in the near future

Files:

Sideways Indicator and Timeframe

Hey guys, great forum. I am a short timeframe scapler 1M and lower. I am curious if members have found a good indicator to identify sideways movement and chop. I know all markets chop. But I am looking for something to help me identify these times to filter some of my scalps. Any suggestions?

Also any opinions on the timeframe to look at to identify those sideways movements? M1 or M5, etc.?

Thanks!

DiemTrader:
Hey guys, great forum. I am a short timeframe scapler 1M and lower. I am curious if members have found a good indicator to identify sideways movement and chop. I know all markets chop. But I am looking for something to help me identify these times to filter some of my scalps. Any suggestions?

Also any opinions on the timeframe to look at to identify those sideways movements? M1 or M5, etc.?

Thanks!

ADX is good.

Linuxser:
ADX is good.

Thanks, I will try it out. I really like the low pass filter thus far as well.

EA or Indicator For WTI Testing?

Hi All,

EA

I am looking for an open source EA that will set up orders 100 PIPS either side of the 6AM opening candle. So basically when the 6AM candle opens it will set up a buy order 100pips above it and a sell order 100 pips below it.

This EA would only be used for testing purposes to get the best profitability rate every month, hence the reason why it has to be open source so testing can be done using different values. Me and a colleague have been testing OIL for quite some time and are ready to go live however want to just run some checks because broker times have shifted forward which affect the system.

We either spend another month testing it again or use an EA to have the testing done in a day. I have attempted to learn MQL4 code but not had much luck due to lack of time. Once we have done the testing and its a working trading system we will post up as a system so we can all benefit from this.

Please do a bit of testing yourself on OIL or WTI. Go to the 6am candle and plot lines both above and below it 100pips from the opening and have a look at the success rate. It is promising but like i said we need an EA to test and get the best win rate.

INDICATOR

I will also be happy with an indicator that plots the lines from the opening of the 6am candle. It just means it will take a week instead of a month, although I would prefer a EA. Since we are on a low budget to get this system up and running i dont mind either.

If anyone can help please let me know and please do have a look for yourself to see how well this system is doing.

Best Regards

bh4v1k

Reason: