Wth do ppl sell EAs - page 6

Hi

Can u notice any fraud or inconsistencies in this statement?

Add deposits/profits = ............................

OILFXPRO

Files:
discrepancy.jpg  72 kb

Simple formula!

The formula is very simple!

You have a good EA that makes 20 pips/day

You don't have the money to open a huge account (maybe don't have the money to open mini account).

You sell the EA for this

Good EA + No enough money = EA selling

jjk2:
why do these ppl with so called profitable EA selling them? If they are so profitable, why aren't they millionaires with it? Why the hell would I tell you about my system that is so good and profitable?

No one single EA is going to make money forever. This is quite hard. When we buy an EA, theres no guarantee as to how long it will be profitable before crapping out, thus a good incentive for selling it. This is my view. correct me if i am wrong.

Any EA thread with 100+ replies makes me laugh. Such classic illustration of herd mentality.

anyways, just taking a break, want to think about stuff outside for once.

codersguru:

You don't have the money to open a huge account (maybe don't have the money to open mini account).

You sell the EA for this

Hi

Good EA making 20 pips on any one currency pair daily does not exist on this forum.Only way to make 20 pips is take high risk /high reward ,expose oneself to 10 times risk on 10 different currency pairs ,leading to 40 % to 80 % account drawdown ,hence blowout.

Crappy EA = high risk = sell E A

sell E A = holy grail

oilfxpro

Hi,

There are a few successful EAs out there being sold or some use them to manage funds. I will not mention any names here.

If you sell your EA or service its the quickest way to get enough capital for your trading.

Most EAs sold are scam but that doesn't mean that there isn't a valid market or that there will never be decent sellers.

InTrance:
Hi,

There are a few successful EAs out there being sold or some use them to manage funds. I will not mention any names here.

If you sell your EA or service its the quickest way to get enough capital for your trading.

Most EAs sold are scam but that doesn't mean that there isn't a valid market or that there will never be decent sellers.

Hoi

There are not any consistent EAS being sold out there.All the commercial scammers who spend most of their time posting on message boards ,aren't making a living from trading, but are making a living from selling Expert Advisors which do not make money.

Just google the following words and you will see the top scam expert advisors,being promoted by pump and dump promoters

WORDS "scam expert advisors"

In the future there will be good sellers and developers of expert advisors.

oilfxpro

I certainly would never pay for an ea. Just modify the ones out there.

if you don't know how ,, take coders guru coarse. The best out there.. then

just jump inuntil you internalize. Take a good existing ea then Learn the get in, get out, and adding in indicators and then the order processing functions.

codersguru:

You sell the EA for this

Coders Guru

In effect the buyer is a guinea pig for all trial EAS made by coders.If it is unsuccesful in live trading,Why should the buyer lose money on paying the coder and on the markets?

The seller of the EA should test it on his live real money account , before making guinea pips out of other people.

Most of the commercial sellers are using buyers as guinea pigs for failed Expert advisors ,which all the buyers were promoting as very good,all the commercial ones have failed over the last two years or have not performed better than free expert advisors

OILFXPRO

oilfxpro:

In effect the buyer is a guinea pig for all trial EAS made by coders.If it is unsuccesful in live trading,Why should the buyer lose money on paying the coder and on the markets?

OILFXPRO

The answer is quite simple (or at least it should be for a trader )

There is a market, and a demand for such EA's, and if there's a demand, someone will satisfy that demand.

The perfect example of that is the Steintz thread. The guy publishes FULL details of his method. Anyone who took a couple of hours to watch the indicator could see it was a complete non starter. He provided all anyone would ever need to determine for themselves that the method wouldn't work, and yet people still purchased. There are a group of people who would rather believe the hype from a salesman, than their own objective analysis. If you look at this from a wider perspective, thats good, the salesman gets to make a living, rather than being a burden on society, and the market gets some cannon fodder.

You ask why should the buyer lose money. Well they hold the weakest hand, they contribute nothing to the process. At least the coder has a skill, which they used to create a product however poor in quality. If someone is stupid or naive enough to purchase a poor quality product, thats their problem isn't it.

Similarly weak hands entering the market can really only expect one outcome, stronger players will beat them. I cant see anything at all wrong with that, no ones trying to pretend its any other way. If I'm dumb enough to get into a boxing ring with Mike Tyson, chances are I'll get my ass kicked.

If you don't like being ripped off by coders, learn to code for yourself, or go to a decent company. In my experience its very rarely the coders who are to blame, clients simply cannot express their requirements clearly and completely. As a coder, you just cant afford to waste time on people who cant think clearly, you have to cut your losses quickly and move onto the next job.

Reason: