Ichimoku indicator

hello

I have an idea and maybe some programmer is intresting to do it.

The Ichimoku indicator is a very complex trading system and a art of trading and specially for manually trading.

but if you understand the system its also possible to take some parts out to confirm a other system. So the idea is to build a MTF indicator which show important inforamtion of ichimoku indicator. Its not easy to backtest manually this indicator. for instance if you want to see the chinkou span you have to count 26 bars back. if you want to see the leading kumo SSa/SSb you have to count 26 bars forward. So this is all very complex. The idea for the indicator is that it should show for each bar some informations. The rules for programming are not so complex and possible. more comples is how the indicator should look like.

so the idea is to built an MTF indicator which show on for instance a H1 chart the state of ichimoku on Timeframe H1 H4 . So for each bar on H1 you can see the state of ichimoku on this timeframe and H4 with one look.

Ichimoku is primaraly a trend indicator and system. So it show the condition if a market is trending or not.

There are a lot of rules in the ichimoku chart. So i filter the primary rules out.

1) if price is in the kumo (range) or > kumo (Bullish) or < kumo(bearish)

(would also be useful to see if price is this candle a close above kumo and last candle close was in kumo.

2)if chinkou span is > Price(bullish) or < price (bearish)-(show momentum)

3) if price (close) > kijun sen or < kijun sen (bearish)

4) if Tenkan sen > Kijun Sen (bullish) or < Kijun sen (bearish)

5) If Shenkou Span A is > Shenkou Span B (bullish) < Shenkou Span B (bearish)

6) If Shenkou Span B > previous Shenkou Span B (bullish) or < previous Shenkou Span B (bearish) or = previous Shenkoou Span B (flat)

Maybe also(?) 7) If Shenkou Span A > previous Shenkou Span A (bullish) or < previous Shenkou Span A (bearish) or = previous Shenkoou Span A (flat)

8 ) if price is > Tenkan sen (bullish) or < Tenkan sen (bearish)

So I think this would be the most important informations. Complicate is that each information need a own sign. and to show this in one indicator for each candle is not easy. I cant imagine how. but maybe through colours would be possible.? wenn all show green or red you have a clear trending market.

So its an idea. i dont know if somebody is intrested to do this. i have attachment to see how the different lines are calculated in ichimoku.

of course ichimoku shows much more for instance support and resistance. But for this its best to use original indicator.

So comments are appetiated.

regards

lodol

Files:

Hi lodol2,

We started this forum with some systems including Ichimoku indicator.

I like this indicator because my first indicator in my life was Ichimoku indicator.

We have some threads about this indicator, rules, MTF, Ichimoku based on fractals and so on. This subject is well-developed on our forum.

We even wanted to create the special section for this indicator.

Just for information:

Ichimoku chart/system with forecasting possibility:

- threads (with explanation, market condition estimation and forecasting) is here and here,

- some template is here,

- indicatorsare here,

- MTF Ichimoku indicators is here,

- new Ichimoku indicators are here and here (thanks fxbs).

hi

hi know this threads thanks

now we only need a creative programmer which is intrested to work on this idea..

regards

lodol

newdigital:
Hi lodol2,

We started this forum with some systems including Ichimoku indicator.

I like this indicator because my first indicator in my life was Ichimoku indicator.

We have some threads about this indicator, rules, MTF, Ichimoku based on fractals and so on. This subject is well-developed on our forum.

We even wanted to create the special section for this indicator.

Just for information:

Ichimoku chart/system with forecasting possibility:

- threads (with explanation, market condition estimation and forecasting) is here and here,

- some template is here,

- indicatorsare here,

- MTF Ichimoku indicators is here,

- new Ichimoku indicators are here and here (thanks fxbs).

I tried editing one ichimoku alert indicator that gives an alert message along with sms/email. It works, however it send too many emails. Any suggestions, anyone?

ickimoku cloude indicator

anyone know where to find the ickimoku cloude indicator.

Ichimoku

denis68:
anyone know where to find the ickimoku cloude indicator.

It should be in your menu. Select Indicators/Oscillators. But here it is.

Files:
ichimoku.mq4  5 kb

HI New Digital

Hi New DIgital,

i've tried different indicator . i wonder about you what is the best and suit indicator that you like and find not lag and not noise ?

Another question if do you know the indicator Altr trend signal ....

because i didn't understand how does it work and i think wasn't set to be fine in right alert how trend follower, if the target is that.

David.

I do not know what is the best ...

Look at this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172965 as there are many of them and almost the same ones.

Personally I am using Ichimoku setup from elite section asctrend elite section thread every morning to check the market condition (dots are the Price Channel Signal indicator from asctrend public thread):

But you can use BrainTrend1sig and BrainTrend2sig from this public section https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/trading_systems (dot is on the same bar with arrow for valid signal):

It is not easy to trade Ichimoku because of the following:

- any signal indicator (dots or arrows) is not the signal to enter.

- it is trading the support/resistance any way

- there are many signals producing by Ichimoku indicator, not just 1 or 2.

and so on.

So, I am trying to use it every morning just to understand: will I trade today or not for examle.

ichimokuAlert_v1

can anyone help me, after i saved ichimokuAlert_v1 then move to /experts/indicator but no reaction at all.

Hi, All.

Can anybody make Vertical line when upper and lower kumo intersect ?

Thanks.

tangrz:
can anyone help me, after i saved ichimokuAlert_v1 then move to /experts/indicator but no reaction at all.

i had the same problem with version1...u shud searcy ichimokuAlert_v3...it works fine and u can set the alert type...

Reason: