Bressert Double Stochastic - page 2

No one heard of this site?

strategy100:
Do someone know if Bressert Double Stochastic is already coded for MT4 ? if so could he share ? thanks Dave.

Code Base

DSS Bressert - double smoothed stochastic (Double Smoothed Stochastic Indicator by Walter Bressert) - MQL4 Code Base

.................. and yes, I know this thread over 1 year old

Bressert DBS10 for MT4?

Hello,

i'd like to know if anyone of you can translate into MT4 language this prorealtime code, or show me where to find it. Thanx.

BRESSERT DOUBLE STOCHASTIC DBS10 PROREALTIME CODE

slw=3

pds=7

ratio=ExponentialAverage[3](close)/ExponentialAverage[7](close)

divi=highest[pds](ratio)-lowest[pds](ratio)

a=exponentialaverage[slw]((ratio-lowest[pds](ratio))/divi)*100

divi2=highest[pds](a)-lowest[pds](a)

dss=exponentialaverage[slw]((a-lowest[pds](a))/divi2)*100

return dss,10,90

hi, noticed that this post has been moved to the existing bressert double stochastic thread.

sorry, but the indicators posted here do not match the result expected: the prorealtime code outputs ONE SINGLE line, not two or whatever.

and is customizable by setting 2 variables, the period and slow.

please help!

It seems that there is some mix up with indicator known as "DSS Bressert" . As much as I was trying to find a definition of Bressert "double smoothed stochastic" indicator, I could not find one. In fact, Walter Bressert never uses a name "double smoothed stochastic" but just a "double stochastic".

So this is the prorealtime formula converted to metatrader. Short periods (the DBS 10 default to stochastic period 10) looks similar to some Schaff trend cycles, but that is expectable since the two of them were publishing some stuff together. As far as I was able to find out, Bressert uses stochastic periods 5 and 10 (DBS 10 and DBS 5)
According to Walter Bressert the rules are the following :
The Mechanical Buy Signals for the DoubleStoc10 are generated by a drop below the lower horizontal blue line, called the Buy Line, which is set at 40, and an upturn in the oscillator.

It is a 3-step process.

1. The DoubleStoc oscillator drops below the Buy Line;
  2. The oscillator turns up to identify a BUY Setup Bar with a green up-spike;
  3. Buy the high of the Setup Bar with a buy stop 1 tick to a point above it.
  4. Buy Signals should only be taken in the direction of trend and/or at trend reversals. The Sell Signals are formed in a similar 3-step process.

5. The DoubleStoc oscillator rises above the Sell Line;
  6. The oscillator turns down to identify a SELL Setup Bar with a red down-spike;
  7. Sell the low of the Setup Bar with a sell stop 1 tick to a point below it
Sell Signals should only be taken in the direction of trend and/or at trend reversals.
PS: left option to adjust parameters for ratio that is used in calculation as well as the price used. Default values are 7,3,Close. Also, from a quick inspection it seems that the indicator works acceptable with short stochastic periods, but that it does not work so good with long stochastic periods (but that is a quick visual inspection only) Maybe Gallabala will share his experience for longer periods
Gallabala:
hi, noticed that this post has been moved to the existing bressert double stochastic thread.

sorry, but the indicators posted here do not match the result expected: the prorealtime code outputs ONE SINGLE line, not two or whatever.

and is customizable by setting 2 variables, the period and slow.

please help!

thanx mladen for the code. here enclosed is how the original prorealtime code works on my setup. the pic shows the italian future on a daily time frame (prorealtime free version has only daily time frame and superiors, not inferior); look at the first windows immediately above the price chart: the grey thin line is the result of the standard setting of DBS10 (period 7 slow 3) and fits well a 16 days cycle, and the thicker green/red line has a more extended setting (period 16 slow 4) so that it fits well a 32 days cycle.

mostly in the right half of the chart, you will surely note the cleaniness and smoothiness of the lines, identifying quite perfectly tops and bottoms.

and now let's switch to metatrader: when i tested your code, I immediately noted 2 additional parameters not mentioned in the original prorealtime code: stochastic lenght and smoothemalenght.

I don't know how to use this parameters in accordance to remaining 2 (ratiolong and ratioshort), and the result is an excessive volatility of the oscillator (too many, unrequested and too frequent tops and bottoms).

so the question is: is it possible to eliminate the first 2 parameters from the code in order to get further similarity to the prorealtime version? please note that prorealtime code requires only to specify 2 variables.

thanx in advance and let's keep in contact.

Files:
dbs10.png  100 kb

Just use the first 2 parameters :
slw == SmoothEmaLength in metatrader version pds == StochasticLength in metatrader version
Ignore the rest and then you will have same results as proreltime

Other parameters are there to keep all options open, but one does not have to use them at all. As they are set, default values are exactly corresponding to proreltime indicator

Gallabala:
thanx mladen for the code. here enclosed is how the original prorealtime code works on my setup. the pic shows the italian future on a daily time frame (prorealtime free version has only daily time frame and superiors, not inferior); look at the first windows immediately above the price chart: the grey thin line is the result of the standard setting of DBS10 (period 7 slow 3) and fits well a 16 days cycle, and the thicker green/red line has a more extended setting (period 16 slow 4) so that it fits well a 32 days cycle.

mostly in the right half of the chart, you will surely note the cleaniness and smoothiness of the lines, identifying quite perfectly tops and bottoms.

and now let's switch to metatrader: when i tested your code, I immediately noted 2 additional parameters not mentioned in the original prorealtime code: stochastic lenght and smoothemalenght.

I don't know how to use this parameters in accordance to remaining 2 (ratiolong and ratioshort), and the result is an excessive volatility of the oscillator (too many, unrequested and too frequent tops and bottoms).

so the question is: is it possible to eliminate the first 2 parameters from the code in order to get further similarity to the prorealtime version? please note that prorealtime code requires only to specify 2 variables.

mladen:
Just use the first 2 parameters :
slw == SmoothEmaLength in metatrader version pds == StochasticLength in metatrader version
Ignore the rest and then you will have same results as proreltime Other parameters are there to keep all options open, but one does not have to use them at all. As they are set, default values are exactly corresponding to proreltime indicator

ok. I'm testing the code in several time frames. as soon as i'm getting the correct values, i will post here.

Gallabala:
ok. I'm testing the code in several time frames. as soon as i'm getting the correct values, i will post here.

Hi mladen, this is what i've tested with your code. Please note that the parameter set for "RatioLong" has to be identical for "StochasticLenght" too, and the parameter set for "RatioShort" has to be identical for "SmoothEmaLenght" too.

TIME FRAME DAILY

8-day cycle: RatioLong 4, RatioShort 2

16-day cycle: RatioLong 7, RatioShort 3

32-day cycle: RatioLong 16, RatioShort 4

64-day cycle: RatioLong 32, RatioShort 7

TIME FRAME 1 HOUR

1-day cycle: RatioLong 4, RatioShort 2

2-day cycle: RatioLong 7, RatioShort 3

4-day cycle: RatioLong 16, RatioShort 4

8-day cycle: RatioLong 32, RatioShort 8

16-day cycle: RatioLong 64, RatioShort 16

32-day cycle: RatioLong 128, RatioShort 32

I invite anyone to test these settings and any enhancement is greatly appreciated.

Now, I still need mladen's help (if possible) to get into the MQ4 code the following - selfmade - prorealtime indicators, or let me know where to find the MQ4 versions if already available somewhere:

CODE NUMBER 1 (p is the variable set for the periods)

a = close - close[p]

b = a - a[p]

c = b - triangularaverage[p](b) //even a T3 average sounds good here

return c, 0

CODE NUMBER 2 (p is the variable set for the periods)

a = dema[p](close)

b = dema[p2](close)

c = a - b

d = c - c[p2]

return d, 0

CODE NUMBER 3 (p is the variable set for the periods and coeff is necessary for the T3 average)

a = close

b = a - T3MA[p, coeff]

Many, many thanks in advance.

Gallabala

what about DBS5?

Hi Gallabala,

in the last 3 months i'm very busy to understand as much as possible how to trade forex (tick charts) with DBS; i'm using the original formula in prt and i have a question:

if the settings for DBS10 are pds = 7 and slw = 3, for the DBS5, do you know how to set?

secondly, i ask you how to measure a cycle? why 16 days for ftsemib with DBS10? is there an indicator in prt that allows to catch cycles?

thanks

bye

Gallabala:

ragnetto:
Hi Gallabala,

in the last 3 months i'm very busy to understand as much as possible how to trade forex (tick charts) with DBS; i'm using the original formula in prt and i have a question:

if the settings for DBS10 are pds = 7 and slw = 3, for the DBS5, do you know how to set?

secondly, i ask you how to measure a cycle? why 16 days for ftsemib with DBS10? is there an indicator in prt that allows to catch cycles?

thanks

bye

ragnetto, sei italiano? scrivimi in italiano di cosa hai bisogno.

ciao.

Reason: